-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Jefferson (Sidney Kimmel)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
StraightAd57
Full Member
Praying we get II’s today
Any RD got interviews? Asking for a friend
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I thought there were a few posted onto here and reddit this past week. Seems like they came in fast in the beginning of the week and have petered out sinceAny RD got interviews? Asking for a friend
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
no IIs after monday?
letmein528
Full Member
no IIs after monday?
doesnt look like it but maybe people outside of reddit/sdn couldve gotten em
RedDevilz99
Full Member
I had this as well when I got my II. It’s nothing to worry about.Portal says under review, and in the communication status it says only two emails sent, last one being “secondary submitted”
Is II interview invite or fancy way of writing secondaries?no IIs after monday?
we use II as a shorthand for Interview Invitation hereIs II interview invite or fancy way of writing secondaries?
Does the second essay need to be answered? I was hoping to just submit today lol but now I’m wondering what to add for that essay.
Edit:
My monkey brain just realized this is not an optional essay
Is it okay if my essay for the second one is just why I did a masters degree? I hate doing why us essays because it always sounds unoriginal
If that is the case, is it also okay that my essay is only 2k characters [emoji88]?
Edit:
My monkey brain just realized this is not an optional essay
Is it okay if my essay for the second one is just why I did a masters degree? I hate doing why us essays because it always sounds unoriginal
If that is the case, is it also okay that my essay is only 2k characters [emoji88]?
Last edited:
I wrote it as a "why us" because I felt I had not expressed it. But you can use it for anything else, I mean that's what it should be used for. I wrote 3000 of the 4000 characters, I think you shouldn't feel the need to fill the space. If you can express what you want in 2000, don't push the 4000 or it will sound like it.Does the second essay need to be answered? I was hoping to just submit today lol but now I’m wondering what to add for that essay.
Edit:
My monkey brain just realized this is not an optional essay
Is it okay if my essay for the second one is just why I did a masters degree? I hate doing why us essays because it always sounds unoriginal
If that is the case, is it also okay that my essay is only 2k characters [emoji88]?
There has been an II reported on cycletracker today
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
There has been an II reported on cycletracker today
let the neuroticism begin
@Mods is portal astrology allowed here?
Weird question, but what is the application fee for SKMC? I just paid $35 for mine, but their website says it is $80. I swear I did not check the box about the fee waiver or anything. My portal was acting really glitchy all day though so idk if something happened lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lysozome12
Full Member
How is CycleTracker updated?
We update our apps on there. Crowdsourced.How is CycleTracker updated?
I left it blank, but I'm not sure if that was a good idea now that I've read through this thread!Is anyone leaving the additional info blank?
BigtimeFoodie
Full Member
First few days!Were the applicants that received an invite for an interview ED or submit their secondary the first few days?
lazilyncalmly
Full Member
Any MD-PhD prompt, or is this it?
trumpet298
Full Member
got an II!
letmein528
Full Member
got an II!
comgrats! whend you submit?
trumpet298
Full Member
july 9th!comgrats! whend you submit?
congrats 😀 stats if youre comfortable sharing ? when did they email you?july 9th!
trumpet298
Full Member
LM: 76 and I got a phone call (missed it actually)congrats 😀 stats if youre comfortable sharing ? when did they email you?
Last edited:
Just now? Or earlier? Near-perfect stats, very impressive!got an II!
Do u mind letting me know if 9/11 interview date is still open? I wonder how many ppl r in each interview day. If it’s open I might see u there 🙂LM: 84 and I got a phone call (missed it actually)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
trumpet298
Full Member
just today (sunday)Just now? Or earlier? Near-perfect stats, very impressive!
trumpet298
Full Member
yeah i will lyk as soon as i get the official email! that would be fun, can grab food and talk about the process!Do u mind letting me know if 9/11 interview date is still open? I wonder how many ppl r in each interview day. If it’s open I might see u there 🙂
Wait so did you get an email? Otherwise, how did you discover?LM: 84 and I got a phone call (missed it actually)
Very nice! Congrats! Honestly surprised a 527/528 wasn’t yield protected here!just today (sunday)
trumpet298
Full Member
Well... my MCAT isn't that high 🙂Very nice! Congrats! Honestly surprised a 527/528 wasn’t yield protected here!
trumpet298
Full Member
phone callWait so did you get an email? Otherwise, how did you discover?
If your LizzyM is an 84, that means you'd need a 4.0 GPA and a 527 or a 528 with a 3.9 GPA hahaWell... my MCAT isn't that high 🙂
trumpet298
Full Member
I am dumb, I have a 76...sorry!If your LizzyM is an 84, that means you'd need a 4.0 GPA and a 527 or a 528 with a 3.9 GPA haha
working2230
New Member
Got an II lm 68 (submitted 7/21)
Welp, looks like this ain’t a school I’m getting an II to lol.
It’s not even August!Welp, looks like this ain’t a school I’m getting an II to lol.
Across all schools:
- By September 1st, 25% of interview invitations have been sent
- By October 1st, 50% of interview invitations have been sent
- By mid November, 75% of interview invitations have been sent
I know Jefferson is quicker than others but still, you definitely have a great chance as of right now.
Decaying_Isotope
Full Member
Peak neuroticism lmaoWelp, looks like this ain’t a school I’m getting an II to lol.
keep your chin up clashy, you have plenty of time 🙂 <3Welp, looks like this ain’t a school I’m getting an II to lol.
letmein528
Full Member
Welp, looks like this ain’t a school I’m getting an II to lol.
same boat…submitted 7/10 and i really liked this school[emoji24][emoji24]its all good tho maybe they come back around to us[emoji120]
tryingmyverybest
Full Member
Submitted on 7/3 nothing yet 🥲
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
p4th2g0a1s
Full Member
+1 INTL secondary received 7/17
I thought you had missed the phone call... that's why I asked. My bad. Congrats!!phone call
No. They seem to go in order and give consideration to each group who submit.Am I screwed as was verified late and finished my essays and trying to submit as 13 days now and I cannot login with the password they provided. Did anyone had this issue before.
I’m interested because mine has said “Under Review” for almost a week now lol.No. They seem to go in order and give consideration to each group who submit.
maybe they gave that person 50 applications to review & they aren't done yet.I’m interested because mine has said “Under Review” for almost a week now lol.
Guys, don't obsess on the tiny details, when you have done your part, go do something else