You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
icecreamairpods
Full Member
I feel you... like I just want to be done with the process 😭Nope😭. The worst part about this is that in last year’s thread, Feb interviews got their decision about a month later. We are going on 2 months with no answer back. I don’t even feel the anxiety anymore, just pure apathy.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same lol interviewed mid November. Not expecting any great news but it feels slightly disrespectful to string us along. Or maybe I'm just that much of an enigma that they need 5 months to make a decision 😆I’ve been waiting since November. What’s the point of stringing people along… seems like they aren’t interested so why not just send a decision 😢
meowkat1011
Full Member
Anyone figure it’ll be today?
futureDOC238
New Member
it doesn't seem like it 🙁
They told me earlier this week 2-3 weeks so, I don’t think so 😭Anyone figure it’ll be today?
2-3 weeks?!?!They told me earlier this week 2-3 weeks so, I don’t think so 😭
futureDOC238
New Member
wow thats may. thats super late
hifromvenus
Full Member
Should I send another LOI if i already submitted one?
hifromvenus
Full Member
Historically it’s always been the second Friday of April.. having decisions in May is insaneYes… 2-3 weeks 🙁View attachment 402013
I’m no expert, but my instinct is that one is probably enough. I doubt a second one is gonna make the difference between an R or a waitlist. Save it for a formal letter of intent come the 30th if you get waitlisted imo.Should I send another LOI if i already submitted one?
soyunbrasilero
New Member
i emailed them today and they replied saying they expect to send decisions by the end of this week
Hope its true this time, Good luck everyone!i emailed them today and they replied saying they expect to send decisions by the end of this week
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
meowkat1011
Full Member
IS Post-II R just now.
Same
doctordoctordoctor27
Full Member
SameIS Post-II R just now.
doctornugget
Full Member
+1 OOS post-II R. crazy that this isn’t even the last school to get back to me 🙄
Same, really sad 🙁IS Post-II R just now.
orthobro3000
Full Member
IS post II R
Chipmunk435
Full Member
OOS WL, declined
XflamingeskimoX
Full Member
Always knew it was too good to be true :/
OOS WL
BrainStorm12
Full Member
OOS WL! Interviewed mid Jan?
icecreamairpods
Full Member
+1 OOS WL
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
solarflare1230
Full Member
IS WL
soyunbrasilero
New Member
+1 OOS WL
D
deleted1215308
OOS WL
So what did they waitlist like 75% of the universe
hifromvenus
Full Member
+1 WL!
Pretty funny to send this email and then drop decisions a few hours later.i emailed them today and they replied saying they expect to send decisions by the end of this week
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
WL, will decline
newkungfukenny
Full Member
IS R, also will decline
Last edited:
hifromvenus
Full Member
For those who were accepted, did you receive full COA aid or was it just your tuition that was waived?
That is awesome! Did they notify you of this with the acceptance or did you have to submit more documents before getting the full COA?I received full COA 🙂
runningonbetaalanine
Full Member
+1 OOS post-II R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
The fianacial aid package waives all tuition and grants you their predetermined COL. Its a solid amountFor those who were accepted, did you receive full COA aid or was it just your tuition that was waived?
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
They send you an email roughly 2-5 days after the acceptance outlining the package. All students receive the exact same package. MD-PHD may receive more.That is awesome! Did they notify you of this with the acceptance or did you have to submit more documents before getting the full COA?
hifromvenus
Full Member
That’s dope! I anticipated housing in Pasadena to have insane prices especially after the fires.. glad to see the aid will help with thatThe fianacial aid package waives all tuition and grants you their predetermined COL. Its a solid amount
I think they set me a fin aid package a day or two after my acceptance! I think everyone gets the same fin aid offer 🙂That is awesome! Did they notify you of this with the acceptance or did you have to submit more documents before getting the full COA?