2025-2026 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 Kaiser Permanente Secondary Essay Prompts (Question 2 has changed from last year)

1. During your career as a physician, you will likely encounter obstacles, and be required to overcome challenges. Please describe your experience with a situation that had an unfavorable outcome, including your reaction, how you might have responded differently, and what you learned about yourself. (250 words)

2. Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine is dedicated to graduating courageous leaders who lead change through inquiry and innovation in medical education, the profession, and the healthcare system. How do your values align with this mission? (250 words)

3. Lifelong learning is an essential process for continued professional development. This includes reflection and being open and responsive to constructive feedback. Please tell us about an area of intellectual exploration you’re passionate about, and your approach to exploring this area.
(250 words)

4. Drawing from your lived experiences, how do you think knowledge of social determinants of health can be leveraged to address social justice issues within healthcare? (250 words)

5. If Applicable: Have you previously applied to medical school? If yes, please describe your accomplishments since you last applied that would promote your acceptance? (250 words)



Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Secondary invite received:

*Essay 2 has changed since last year*

1. During your career as a physician, you will likely encounter obstacles, and be required to overcome challenges. Please describe your experience with a situation that had an unfavorable outcome, including your reaction, how you might have responded differently, and what you learned about yourself. (250 words)

2. Kaiser Permanente Bernard J. Tyson School of Medicine is dedicated to graduating courageous leaders who lead change through inquiry and innovation in medical education, the profession, and the healthcare system. How do your values align with this mission? (250 words)

3. Lifelong learning is an essential process for continued professional development. This includes reflection and being open and responsive to constructive feedback. Please tell us about an area of intellectual exploration you’re passionate about, and your approach to exploring this area.

4. Drawing from your lived experiences, how do you think knowledge of social determinants of health can be leveraged to address social justice issues within healthcare?

5. Optional: Have you previously applied to medical school? If yes, please describe your accomplishments since you last applied that would promote your acceptance?

@chilly_md
@Mr.Smile12
 
Last edited:
Howre yall differentiating 2 and 3? Like does intellectual exploration have to be research? And what do they mean by change through inquiry if not research
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Under the prerequisites tab, it asks if we have been involved in "Pre-Med Pathway’s Program". Anyone know what they are referring to?
 
How were you guys able to login to the portal? Once you enter your AMCAS ID and set your password and it takes you back to the main login page is your username still your AMCAS ID? I used my AMCAS ID as my username and used the correct password I set however I am unable to login.
 
Does anyone know if a "late" PREview score will delay the application review process? I took it end of June, so won't get that score back until end of July.
 
Does anyone know if a "late" PREview score will delay the application review process? I took it end of June, so won't get that score back until end of July.
I also took it at the end of June, and it is my understanding that they will not review our apps until they get the PREview score.
 
I still haven’t received a secondary yet, is that normal for this school? I am a applicant so not sure if that’s make a difference
Hi! If you were verified before 6/27, it may be worth reaching out to them. It is my understanding that they don’t screen primaries before sending a secondary
 
Hi! If you were verified before 6/27, it may be worth reaching out to them. It is my understanding that they don’t screen primaries before sending a secondary
I got the primary received email, just no secondary. To correct a typo to my message, I am a reapplicant. Do you know if that impacts anything? I did add the school on my primary application after the 27th but not sure if that makes any difference
 
I got the primary received email, just no secondary. To correct a typo to my message, I am a reapplicant. Do you know if that impacts anything? I did add the school on my primary application after the 27th but not sure if that makes any difference
I don’t know if being a reapplicant impacts anything, but I would lean towards no, if they don’t have a screening. I would wait a week after you added the school to see if you get the secondary. If not, it may be worth reaching out. I was verified before 6/27, got the primary received email and secondary the first day.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t know if being a reapplicant impacts anything, but I would lean towards no, if they don’t have a screening. I would wait a week after you added the school to see if you get the secondary. If not, it may be worth reaching out. I was verified before 6/27, got the primary received email and secondary the first day.
The signature is fire. How do I do one?
 
That Kaiser email yesterday was just mean. I though I got an II 😭
The invitation to participate in the survey? You and me both. Hahah.
Losing My Mind GIF
 
I just decided to apply to this school. Do they have an early cycle? I'm wondering if I should prioritize the secondary they just sent me or continue finishing my older secondaries first
 
I just decided to apply to this school. Do they have an early cycle? I'm wondering if I should prioritize the secondary they just sent me or continue finishing my older secondaries first
Prioritize your older secondaries first.
 
Dropping in to offer some unsolicited advice for Kaiser applicants. They have a very short turnaround time from interview invite to actual interview. last year mine was one week. If you have down time, start practicing for interviews now. Kaiser was my dream school and my first interview. I didn't do enough interview prep and the week I got invited to interview I was slammed, ended up whiffing it. Don't be like me, go in prepared.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad