2025-2026 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just posting the SDN forum resource

I compile whatever research is published or released on the utility of these assessments for those involved in admissions and student affairs.

Questions gauging the applicant's attitude on SJTs are included in the upcoming Fall 2025 Applicant Experience Survey. Keep your powder dry to participate in the survey (the link will be available soon).
 
Just posting the SDN forum resource

I compile whatever research is published or released on the utility of these assessments for those involved in admissions and student affairs.

Questions gauging the applicant's attitude on SJTs are included in the upcoming Fall 2025 Applicant Experience Survey. Keep your powder dry to participate in the survey (the link will be available soon).
I didn't see this study. The correlation between PREview score and interview ratings was virtually non-existent. There's a big difference between judging something as effective or ineffective vs how you would actually intervene.

 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I didn't see this study. The correlation between PREview score and interview ratings was virtually non-existent. There's a big difference between judging something as effective or ineffective vs how you would actually intervene.

Again, I was not involved with the development of the exam, but when I present the HPSA Situational Judgment Test workshop to prospective applicants, I highlight that these tests evolved from objective structured clinical exams (OSCEs) but they aren't designed to be a complete simulation. It is a question of what you should do (or, as I like to put it, what would administrators want you to do?). They are being used more in regular employment situations (and I point out in other higher education fields).

But for the purposes of the industrial organization/psychology teams that look closely at how to assess effectiveness of such assessments (validity or predictability), the correlations are still enough. The main goal of the study was whether introducing PREview changed the composition of the applicants the school gets. Their main point is that there was very little change; they didn't see any pushback from applicants.
 
I found Preview educational and easy. Educational because it gives you guidance on what behaviors are expected, which I think is very helpful in a career with such high stakes as medicine, and easy because after spending several hours reading the materials on the AAMC site and doing the practice tests, I scored a 9. It was great to see that my natural inclination aligned pretty well with the expectation.
The test I have somewhat of a problem with it Casper, where it seems that if you don't type fast you are penalized. That said, I also found it easy, was able to score in the 4th quartile with little prep.
 
after spending several hours reading the materials on the AAMC site and doing the practice tests, I scored a 9. It was great to see that my natural inclination aligned pretty well with the expectation.
That means you knew the answer they were looking for, not that your behavior aligned with their expectations. Also, PREview doesn't take into account growth over 7 years.

Meanwhile, CASPer assesses how you would actually intervene. How you perceive something vs how you act are two different things. Using an example to illustrate my point, you can deem one method of fighting illicit use as effective when it actually isn't but can think of a more effective method to deal with it.
 
Last edited:
That means you knew the answer they were looking for, not that your behavior aligned with their expectations. Also, PREview doesn't take into account growth over 7 years.

Meanwhile, CASPer assesses how you would actually intervene. How you perceive something vs how you act are two different things. Using an example to illustrate my point, you can deem one method of fighting illicit use as effective when it actually isn't but can think of a more effective method to deal with it.
I wasn't saying the test was perfect, I responded to your post that was asking what were the pros. I disagree with your characterization of what my test results mean, and will leave it at that.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! Super excited to have received an II today. For those that interviewed -- I know you can't talk about it in specifics because of the NDA, but do you mind telling me how far ahead of time you were assigned your group? I just want to make sure I block off the right hours for work in time. Thank you!
 
Hi all! Super excited to have received an II today. For those that interviewed -- I know you can't talk about it in specifics because of the NDA, but do you mind telling me how far ahead of time you were assigned your group? I just want to make sure I block off the right hours for work in time. Thank you!
Huge congrats! If it helps, I got the reminder email (also told me to check my schedule) about a week before my interview date.
 
i really love this school and all it stands for but i cant stop thinking about how below average i felt at my interview ugh did anyone else feel a little thrown off by it?
 
i really love this school and all it stands for but i cant stop thinking about how below average i felt at my interview ugh did anyone else feel a little thrown off by it?
I'm sure you did better than you thought but I also thought the interview was very hard to read. Feel free to DM me if you want to chat more but I'd try not to overthink it (and yes I know that's easier said than done!!).
 
i really love this school and all it stands for but i cant stop thinking about how below average i felt at my interview ugh did anyone else feel a little thrown off by it?
Yes omg. I felt like it was so hard to connect with any of the interviewers. Everything felt so robotic to me, they told us they coached everyone to be neutral in their responses and idk if that’s why, ugh
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many week post interview do they give you their decision? I lost my notes from my interview day.
 
does anyone know if they've sent out all their IIs yet? one of my fav schools so just trying to figure out if i should give up hope lol
 
Sameee🥲
My reaction to the holiday email:
What The Hell Wtf GIF by sillynub
 
can anyone who was accepted help me out with the portal? Is clicking 'accept offer of admission' a binding "yes I am coming" or is it "yes hold my spot" like other schools? Most places will explicitly say "this is not a commitment just holding your spot" but Kaiser doesn't so I'm a bit confused!
 
can anyone who was accepted help me out with the portal? Is clicking 'accept offer of admission' a binding "yes I am coming" or is it "yes hold my spot" like other schools? Most places will explicitly say "this is not a commitment just holding your spot" but Kaiser doesn't so I'm a bit confused!
Hi, friend! In general, most of these “yes I am coming” options for acceptances are not binding. I selected that option for Kaiser which then prompted me to pay a fee to hold my spot if I remember correctly. This just helps Kaiser know you are heavily considering accepting their offer, but doesn’t mean “yes I will 100% be attending next year”. It’s still so early in the cycle technically.

The only “binding” actions will come in April, and that will be through AMCAS directly. By April 15th you will need to narrow down your selection to 3 schools, releasing your spot at your other acceptances to give other students opportunities to move along in the waitlist. By April 30th, you will need to then decide on 1, which I believe is the binding decision. Notice that there is a bit of nuance towards the end tho. On the AMCAS “choose your school” tool, you can select “Plan to enroll” if you are still not 100% set on your preferred school or if you are waitlisted at another school you may choose to go to instead OR you can select “Commit to enroll” which will act as the ultimate final, binding decision. If you select “plan to enroll”, I believe you can still change your selection to “commit to enroll” when you are ready to make the decision, even if it’s after April 30th.

Anyone please feel free to correct me! This is just what I gathered from info sessions during my interviews and from AMCAS’s website.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad