You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
hamsterdoc
Full Member
does kaiser like post II LOI’s that DONT have updates? the only update i have is starting a program in may but obviously that hasn’t happened yet so idk if it’s worth writing
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SurvivingPremedd
Full Member
I still haven’t heard back. I submitted my secondary in August. Do you think there’s still hope?
juggernaut25
Full Member
+1 IS II, submitted secondary 7/28
tomjohnbeak
Full Member
+1 OOS II! Any MMI tips? All of my interviews have been traditional so far, so I have no experience with MMIs yet
SilentCavalier
Full Member
We signed an NDA, so can't shed light on how it works for Kaiser, but just practice recording yourself and giving brief responses to whatever MMI questions you can find online.+1 OOS II! Any MMI tips? All of my interviews have been traditional so far, so I have no experience with MMIs yet
lemonsandkiwis
New Member
+1 A a few days ago 🙂
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Congrats future doc!+1 A a few days ago 🙂
Congrats!!! may I ask when you interviewed?+1 A a few days ago 🙂
SurvivingPremedd
Full Member
Does anyone think we will see another wave of interviews in Jan/Feb?
aoginranzankou
Full Member
Is it worth sending a letter of interest if I haven't heard back since submitting my secondary? CA ORM, LM score 74, submitted mid-July
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Hiya,Is it worth sending a letter of interest if I haven't heard back since submitting my secondary? CA ORM, LM score 74, submitted mid-July
I contacted their admissions office about this and they say they prefer updates only after an interview
aoginranzankou
Full Member
Ooh gotcha, thanks for reaching out to them! I'm guessing "updates" also include letters of interest 🙁Hiya,
I contacted their admissions office about this and they say they prefer updates only after an interview
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
dancergirl1170
Full Member
+1 IS II a few hours ago
D
deleted1223922
+1 A this morning ! interviewed mid Nov
ana.stomosis
Full Member
+1 IS A today : ) interviewed 11/21
ana.stomosis
Full Member
Yes, I was complete around 9/5Did anyone who was complete in early September receive an II?
i think so :-( i interviewed in late sep and haven't heard back so in the same boat, i've heard that they just don't tell u if ur waitlisted & send final decisions around aprilif I interviewed in early/mid Nov and I haven’t heard back yet, I wonder if that means I’m waitlisted?? damn I fear my premed neuroticism is strong this week
RIP to us 🙁 why they gotta keep up in the dark like that smhi think so :-( i interviewed in late sep and haven't heard back so in the same boat, i've heard that they just don't tell u if ur waitlisted & send final decisions around april
ana.stomosis
Full Member
I saw another reply to your comment, but I'd like to chime in with another view.if I interviewed in early/mid Nov and I haven’t heard back yet, I wonder if that means I’m waitlisted?? damn I fear my premed neuroticism is strong this week
First: I think the speculation on premed forums makes us all neurotic. Idk about you, but as anxious as I am, I also feel like a total goob sitting here reading these threads like tarot cards, searching for signs, muttering, "am I done for?" The truth is, we don't know what any of it means til the decisions come. I don't say this to dismiss you. I really am feeling the same about other schools I haven't heard back from yet, and the prospect of post-interview rejections produces much more angst for me than the pre-II. It is GRUELING waiting. Understandable. These decisions will shape major aspects of our professional and financial lives in an extremely uncertain and tragic era of our society. I think acknowledging the feels and then moving attention to what you can do right now is the way you keep your peace. Spend time taking care of yourself, build good habits that you'll need to physically and mentally thrive in med school, celebrate any As you might have, or other strong prospects, and try to get excited about aspects of life at those programs/in those places. The Kaiser tuition deal is truly a gift, but I do think everything has a price one way or another.
I know we all have our dream A, and the weight of not knowing feels soooo heavy, but this is quite possibly the last little bit of time we have to be normal, calm, rested people before the madness of this path is set into motion. Then it's years of stress. Welcome stress, stress we begged and clawed for, but stress nonetheless. I KNOW it's easier said than done, but your body and mind will thank you for chilling out.
Second: Take heart! No news yet could mean they are still reviewing/debating decisions. At the very least, it ain over til it's over. Like many schools, they are doing As in waves. If you check this out, below the current and previous cycle charts, they show the current and historical (only back to 2024 but still) As go into March. We can probably assume April and May As are from the WL, but the March ones may not be. AND - this is very important - the data available is only reflective of 25 total As reported. Over 3 years. C'mon, you interviewed at Kaiser, so I know you know about sampling bias yada yada. These are self reported stats from a fraction of those actually interviewed and admitted. Lastly, we don't even know their attrition rate or post-interview A yield! This underreporting makes it kinda useless to interpret this with any seriousness. Unless I've totally missed it in my searches, there isn't enough good info on this school's admissions behavior yet. My thinking is that trying to predict the future here only guarantees a miserable present moment. Should folks hold out for a II in Feb or March? Probably not. But don't throw the A baby out with the bath water, or at all. We don't know where all this is headed, and the data is not robust enough to draw probable conclusions imo. I do get that sometimes expecting the worst helps us feel prepared for disappointment, but I don't wanna spend any more time than I have to heartbroken. Hbu?
Third/PS: Very sorry if this was just an off-the-cuff comment and I way over-thought it and gave unsolicited and like "duhhhh" obvious advice haha. I've just been stressing it too so just thought I'd share where I go with those thoughts to get through the week(s).
druskivsrizzler
New Member
Got the A on Friday! Instate interviewed december 2
targetdreamart
Full Member
Hello! Would anyone kindly be able to provide the email we should be sending our update letters to? Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neurotypicalemt302
Full Member
+1 IS II THANK GOD
JesusIsKing
Full Member
Congrats future doc! May I ask when you interviewed?+1 A![]()
beginning OctCongrats future doc! May I ask when you interviewed?
You upload it onto the portal under "Document Upload" 🙂Hello! Would anyone kindly be able to provide the email we should be sending our update letters to? Thank you!
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
+1 OOS II yesterday!! Struggling to pick a date because I have other interviews scheduled on the available dates...
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Got the A on Friday! Instate interviewed december 2
saybeyonceeee0423
Full Member
Everything worked out! Admissions was accommodating, so now I can actually be excited and not crazy stressed 😍🤩+1 OOS II yesterday!! Struggling to pick a date because I have other interviews scheduled on the available dates...
SilentCavalier
Full Member
+1 post-interview rejection. Interviewed mid-November, thought I did well on the MMI and got along with the traditional interviewer. Tough break. Teeny tiny class will do that. Good luck to everyone still waiting on a decision!
TheRagingNeuron123
Full Member
Post II R, honestly not mad over this. My interviewers had such odd vibes and rubbed me the wrong way. Oh well! Good luck and congrats to everyone else!!
shadowclaw77
Full Member
Post-II R 🙁 Disappointed, but not surprised. I've never mastered the art of MMIs. I wish you all good luck if you're still in the running for an A!
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
Hi everyone! congrats on your acceptances and interviews. If anyone has any questions about Kaiser or life as a student feel free to message me.
dblshotespressoplz
Full Member
all we can do is speculate but based off last years data (granted less people were reporting data last year compared to this year) it seems interview invites started to fall off at the beginning of February. i guess we shall wait & see !is kaiser done with interviews?
rockybunny2307
Full Member
I think a current student there mentioned they'd go until march this year, but I could be remembering wrong since I talked to them a while ago so don't keep your hopes up is what I'm thinking lolis kaiser done with interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lemonsandkiwis
New Member
i interviewed late october!Congrats!!! may I ask when you interviewed?
JesusIsKing
Full Member
Can I upload an update letter post II? Or is it just for those who have not received an interview yet?
neurotypicalemt302
Full Member
I believe only those who have interviewed can upload an update, the document upload tab popped up for me after my interviewCan I upload an update letter post II? Or is it just for those who have not received an interview yet?
JesusIsKing
Full Member
Right, thank you!I believe only those who have interviewed can upload an update, the document upload tab popped up for me after my interview
JesusIsKing
Full Member
Anyone who interviewed in January hear anything yet?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
