2025-2026 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Has anyone who interviewed early Nov heard back yet? I interviewed 11/7 and am screaming crying pissing myself for good news
 
does kaiser like post II LOI’s that DONT have updates? the only update i have is starting a program in may but obviously that hasn’t happened yet so idk if it’s worth writing
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it worth sending a letter of interest if I haven't heard back since submitting my secondary? CA ORM, LM score 74, submitted mid-July
Hiya,
I contacted their admissions office about this and they say they prefer updates only after an interview
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do we think we’re getting any decisions released this week? i interviewed mid november and feel like i should have heard back by now
 
if I interviewed in early/mid Nov and I haven’t heard back yet, I wonder if that means I’m waitlisted?? damn I fear my premed neuroticism is strong this week
 
if I interviewed in early/mid Nov and I haven’t heard back yet, I wonder if that means I’m waitlisted?? damn I fear my premed neuroticism is strong this week
i think so :-( i interviewed in late sep and haven't heard back so in the same boat, i've heard that they just don't tell u if ur waitlisted & send final decisions around april
 
if I interviewed in early/mid Nov and I haven’t heard back yet, I wonder if that means I’m waitlisted?? damn I fear my premed neuroticism is strong this week
I saw another reply to your comment, but I'd like to chime in with another view.

First: I think the speculation on premed forums makes us all neurotic. Idk about you, but as anxious as I am, I also feel like a total goob sitting here reading these threads like tarot cards, searching for signs, muttering, "am I done for?" The truth is, we don't know what any of it means til the decisions come. I don't say this to dismiss you. I really am feeling the same about other schools I haven't heard back from yet, and the prospect of post-interview rejections produces much more angst for me than the pre-II. It is GRUELING waiting. Understandable. These decisions will shape major aspects of our professional and financial lives in an extremely uncertain and tragic era of our society. I think acknowledging the feels and then moving attention to what you can do right now is the way you keep your peace. Spend time taking care of yourself, build good habits that you'll need to physically and mentally thrive in med school, celebrate any As you might have, or other strong prospects, and try to get excited about aspects of life at those programs/in those places. The Kaiser tuition deal is truly a gift, but I do think everything has a price one way or another.

I know we all have our dream A, and the weight of not knowing feels soooo heavy, but this is quite possibly the last little bit of time we have to be normal, calm, rested people before the madness of this path is set into motion. Then it's years of stress. Welcome stress, stress we begged and clawed for, but stress nonetheless. I KNOW it's easier said than done, but your body and mind will thank you for chilling out.

Second: Take heart! No news yet could mean they are still reviewing/debating decisions. At the very least, it ain over til it's over. Like many schools, they are doing As in waves. If you check this out, below the current and previous cycle charts, they show the current and historical (only back to 2024 but still) As go into March. We can probably assume April and May As are from the WL, but the March ones may not be. AND - this is very important - the data available is only reflective of 25 total As reported. Over 3 years. C'mon, you interviewed at Kaiser, so I know you know about sampling bias yada yada. These are self reported stats from a fraction of those actually interviewed and admitted. Lastly, we don't even know their attrition rate or post-interview A yield! This underreporting makes it kinda useless to interpret this with any seriousness. Unless I've totally missed it in my searches, there isn't enough good info on this school's admissions behavior yet. My thinking is that trying to predict the future here only guarantees a miserable present moment. Should folks hold out for a II in Feb or March? Probably not. But don't throw the A baby out with the bath water, or at all. We don't know where all this is headed, and the data is not robust enough to draw probable conclusions imo. I do get that sometimes expecting the worst helps us feel prepared for disappointment, but I don't wanna spend any more time than I have to heartbroken. Hbu?

Third/PS: Very sorry if this was just an off-the-cuff comment and I way over-thought it and gave unsolicited and like "duhhhh" obvious advice haha. I've just been stressing it too so just thought I'd share where I go with those thoughts to get through the week(s).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the A on Friday! Instate interviewed december 2
Man Body GIF
 
+1 post-interview rejection. Interviewed mid-November, thought I did well on the MMI and got along with the traditional interviewer. Tough break. Teeny tiny class will do that. Good luck to everyone still waiting on a decision!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad