-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
LaCroixIsLife
Full Member
Today is hopefully the day
My body picked a bad day to wake up early. I don't normally wake up fora another hour or two.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Earliest they've sent an A is 8:45, seems like latest is deep into the afternoon around 4. Usually between 10-12 tho.My body picked a bad day to wake up early. I don't normally wake up fora another hour or two.
You're assuming people post about their A's immediately after getting them.Earliest they've sent an A is 8:45, seems like latest is deep into the afternoon around 4. Usually between 10-12 tho.
Mostly basing on posts that specify the timesYou're assuming people post about their A's immediately after getting them.
southerncar
Full Member
there are only 50 seats. anyone knows how many A sent out each year?
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Historically KPSOM has about a two-to-one ratio of acceptance to matriculation, so they give out around 100 As each year.there are only 50 seats. anyone knows how many A sent out each year?
It depends on how many students opt not to attend KP and the average number is twice the amount of seats for each school. But that's the average so there will be variation.Historically KPSOM has about a two-to-one ratio of acceptance to matriculation, so they give out around 100 As each year.
carneasdasd
Full Member
Any news?
Nope
If there were, we would have reported them already. If they would stop teasing us and send out the first wave already, that'd be great.Any news?
Looks like they either accepted students that aren't on SDN/CycleTrack, or decided not to send the first batch today.
Which one do you think is more likely?Looks like they either accepted students that aren't on SDN/CycleTrack, or decided not to send the first batch today.
The latter I feel. Each year has at least someone posting on SDN or reporting to CycleTrack by noon-ish. Nothing so far today so I feel like maybe they decided to move decisions to later in the day - or moved the day (prob could be as simple as having one of the essential adcoms being sick today or something).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess you won't find out if you'll attend medical school with the GOAT of sarcasm yet.Looks like they either accepted students that aren't on SDN/CycleTrack, or decided not to send the first batch today.
Tragic fr.
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
I have answered like 5 phone calls today hoping for Kaiser. Applying to med school during an election year is awful
They send emails.I have answered like 5 phone calls today hoping for Kaiser. Applying to med school during an election year is awful
I wanna know if they ever ended up releasing some As yesterday, but I also don't wanna call/email them 

carneasdasd
Full Member
I’m
if you’re brave enough to call for us🥺I wanna know if they ever ended up releasing some As yesterday, but I also don't wanna call/email them![]()
As much as I would like to, I don't want that to be the reason my app gets a red flag 🙁
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
Ill ask my fiancé to call and pretend to be an applicant, I'll keep yall updated.
carneasdasd
Full Member
🐐Ill ask my fiancé to call and pretend to be an applicant, I'll keep yall updated.
The hero we deserve.Ill ask my fiancé to call and pretend to be an applicant, I'll keep yall updated.
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
Okay she has her last exams for the block tomorrow, If yall can, hold out 24 hours lol
By then, we'll probably hear back.... I hope.Okay she has her last exams for the block tomorrow, If yall can, hold out 24 hours lol
How is this more neurotic than waiting for interviews?
It looks like in the 2019-2020 cycle, the first report was on 10/22 at 1 pm - which was a Tuesday. And yeah, this wait sucks, especially for us with no MD As
what is this bs lolJust look at their mission statement/values and see how well your application articulates them. If you match with half of their value statements and you got an interview, I'd say you're guaranteed an A as long as you didn't bomb the interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Medical school application is a like a date: the more values you match, the easier it is to get in, especially if you interviewed early. Keep in mind, it's conjecture.what is this bs lol
I know you're saying it's conjecture, but I still don't think it's right to say things that you have absolutely no basis for, especially something like this. Not trying to be rude at all, but I've noticed in other threads you comment things about the way adcoms think/ the processes (like I think it was ucla where you said they have officially gone through all apps, which we have no idea whether this is true or not) - maybe don't comment these things with no evidence because it's misleading and hard for people trying to really discern the complexities of this process. Especially saying something like "you're guaranteed an A if..." - no one is guaranteed an A based on anything, we have no idea how it works. Just my 2 cents as someone who is going through this process for the second time 🙂Medical school application is a like a date: the more values you match, the easier it is to get in, especially if you interviewed early. Keep in mind, it's conjecture.
UCLA gives secondaries within days of verification. Idk what their process is but if you haven't gotten a secondary by now with them, it's not looking good because AMCAS caught up on verifying applications last month. That one's a bit more obvious and an observation I stand by.I know you're saying it's conjecture, but I still don't think it's right to say things that you have absolutely no basis for, especially something like this. Not trying to be rude at all, but I've noticed in other threads you comment things about the way adcoms think/ the processes (like I think it was ucla where you said they have officially gone through all apps, which we have no idea whether this is true or not) - maybe don't comment these things with no evidence because it's misleading and hard for people trying to really discern the complexities of this process. Especially saying something like "you're guaranteed an A if..." - no one is guaranteed an A based on anything, we have no idea how it works. Just my 2 cents as someone who is going through this process for the second time 🙂
Sure, it's just that you stated it as fact, saying something like "they're through all apps so complete date means nothing anymore". My issue is just things being stated like they're concrete truths rather than opinions or observations. Again, not trying to be rude but I know a lot of people rely on SDN for their sanity lol and I don't think there should be speculative information posed as a certainty if we can avoid it. Also not a criticism of you in particular, just in general I feel like we should make distinctions between our own thoughts and what we know to be true. Wishing you the best with Kaiser decisions 🙂UCLA gives secondaries within days of verification. Idk what their process is but if you haven't gotten a secondary by now with them, it's not looking good because AMCAS caught up on verifying applications last month. That one's a bit more obvious and an observation I stand by.
Looks like we won't hear back by thenBy then, we'll probably hear back.... I hope.
How is this more neurotic than waiting for interviews?
I've been playing video games to kill time.Looks like we won't hear back by then
I had an interview last night and one this morning, have a biochem midterm tmr and a neurosci midterm on Thurs, another interview at the end of the week and then my last one on monday. This week is luckily so busy but I still can't stop thinking about KPI've been playing video games to kill time.
posting for my friend- ii today LM75
You got 11 IIs. You're good to go even if you don't get in. And I'm sure you did great on those interviews and midterms.I had an interview last night and one this morning, have a biochem midterm tmr and a neurosci midterm on Thurs, another interview at the end of the week and then my last one on monday. This week is luckily so busy but I still can't stop thinking about KP
Thank you, I’m mostly anxious about getting an MD A, but all of our times are coming eventually.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Shout out to KPSOM -- truly an enjoyable interview experience. All the best to everyone expecting decisions soon!
They had an interview yesterday so that explains why we didn't hear back. Maybe today is the day.
Hope soThey had an interview yesterday so that explains why we didn't hear back. Maybe today is the day.
Congrats, jealous but happy for u!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
carneasdasd
Full Member
Welp I guess I got rejected
Same 🙁
oranges1234
New Member
+ 1 IS A!! Interviewed mid September!
Which date?
carneasdasd
Full Member
Are they sending out As at different times? Or should I just give up on any hope