-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Unless you have something worth updating about, don't bother.Interviewed 9/17 but no news yet. Should I send an update letter?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
I got an II in early October after being complete in late august.I've been complete since late August 🥺, has anyone gotten any II??
There's no rhyme or reason -- it's hard but keep hanging in there!
They keep it open ended during interview day on when As go out. But according to previous cycles on cycle track, they send acceptances once a month.Hi there folks. I was wondering if we had ANY idea how the timing of acceptances/post-interview decisions works here? I did look though the thread, I don’t even remember them actually addressing it interview day, haha. Any insight is appreciated.
Current student here. In my experience, if you don't hear an A within a month of your interview, you will likely be either WL or R in Ma/June. Until then expect radio silence.Hi there folks. I was wondering if we had ANY idea how the timing of acceptances/post-interview decisions works here? I did look though the thread, I don’t even remember them actually addressing it interview day, haha. Any insight is appreciated.
I'll go pray that they're interviewing less applicants this year like I hypothesized.Current student here. In my experience, if you don't hear an A within a month of your interview, you will likely be either WL or R in Ma/June. Until then expect radio silence.
Thank you for the sad but important info, haha.Current student here. In my experience, if you don't hear an A within a month of your interview, you will likely be either WL or R in Ma/June. Until then expect radio silence.
Was there roughly 25 interviewees or was it less?11/19 was the only date available for me.
It was around 25, maybe a couple more, idr. (I know you didn't ask me)Was there roughly 25 interviewees or was it less?
I counted 25.Was there roughly 25 interviewees or was it less?
So not counting the MD-PhD on 10/11, there's 5 interviews: 8/27, 9/10, 9/17, 10/22 11/15, and 11/19. So they've interviewed 125 people. Timeline-wise, they're halfway done with interviews. Unless they're doing a ton of interviews between now and February, I don't think they're interviewing 700 applicants.
Last edited:
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
+10/22 as well.So not counting the MD-PhD on 10/11, there's 5 interviews: 8/27, 9/17, 10/15, 11/15, and 11/19. So they've interviewed 125 people. Timeline-wise, they're halfway done with interviews. Unless they're doing a ton of interviews between now and February, I don't think they're interviewing 700 applicants.
So 150.+10/22 as well.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+ 9/10
We interviewed 9/17.+ 9/10
Double check to make sure yours was 10/22. The guy above me gave a wrong date. I know because we interviewed together.+10/22 as well.
I prob gave u the wrong date originally, cus my email showed I interviewed on Sep 10th
i interviewed 9/24So not counting the MD-PhD on 10/11, there's 5 interviews: 8/27, 9/17, 10/15, 11/15, and 11/19. So they've interviewed 125 people. Timeline-wise, they're halfway done with interviews. Unless they're doing a ton of interviews between now and February, I don't think they're interviewing 700 applicants.
Looks like they r interviewing basically every Tuesday smh
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
I interviewed 10/22, and the first set of A decisions came out 10/23 (that's how I remember).Double check to make sure yours was 10/22. The guy above me gave a wrong date. I know because we interviewed together.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Unless there have been two waves of decisions, the first set came out 10/23. See date of the message from Letmeinpleaseucr below.I think you're thinking of 10/15 as the interview date and 10/16 as to when the first wave of acceptances come out.
Also my portal says 10/22 -- you can't gaslight me into thinking I interviewed 10/15😆
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I GOT IN. INTERVIED 10/8 AND I HAVE A 509
All we can do is speculate but I'm rooting for all of us! We've got this!
Oh right. It's 10/22, not the 10/15. I mixed it up.I interviewed 10/22, and the first set of A decisions came out 10/23 (that's how I remember).
I count 6 so far. So that's 150 interviewees. That we know of anyway.Looks like they r interviewing basically every Tuesday smh
maxxxxinne
Full Member
Have they sent out any post-secondary rejections?
hifromvenus
Full Member
I interviewed 10/1So not counting the MD-PhD on 10/11, there's 5 interviews: 8/27, 9/10, 9/17, 10/22 11/15, and 11/19. So they've interviewed 125 people. Timeline-wise, they're halfway done with interviews. Unless they're doing a ton of interviews between now and February, I don't think they're interviewing 700 applicants.
Chipmunk435
Full Member
I interviewed 10/15, stop this nonsenseSo not counting the MD-PhD on 10/11, there's 5 interviews: 8/27, 9/10, 9/17, 10/22 11/15, and 11/19. So they've interviewed 125 people. Timeline-wise, they're halfway done with interviews. Unless they're doing a ton of interviews between now and February, I don't think they're interviewing 700 applicants.
gotta agree with this, I interviewed 10/08, there is no way to figure out what is happening behind the curtain, or to be certain we have all the data. If we have interviewed, we are in the running. I don't think this discussion provides any tangible benefit to people who have interviewed, nor does it provide anything for those who have not. Sure 400 vs 700 is better odds for everyone, but there is so much time left. Kaiser is a new enough school that I'm sure admission practice is in constant flux.I interviewed 10/15, stop this nonsense
I am sympathetic to the anxiety; I feel it myself as evidenced by constantly checking this forum. Admission to kaiser is life changing, but I think this forum should be used for either real questions, or actual updates such as another wave of acceptances. Endless speculation is not beneficial for anyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Congrats!!A mid-day yesterday! Interviewed 10/22
Speak of the devil and he shall appear.Nevermind 😅
You have something to be thankful for.+1 IS II
They already had them. I believe that's the only II date MD/PhDs have since it's roughly 25 interviewees per session and they only have 3 seats for MD/PhD.Has anyone gotten the second round of KPSOM MD/PhD interviews yet?
I interviewed with KPSOM, there is a Caltech interview for some of the interviewees for the PhD portion that was supposed to be sent out for select students, but I can find no info on it. Its probably been sent out and those not selected are just being ghosted, but I heard last year they were super slow about it too and that they came out mid Dec even though that group was told early Nov or Dec like us.They already had them. I believe that's the only II date MD/PhDs have since it's roughly 25 interviewees per session and they only have 3 seats for MD/PhD.
Oh, that's what you meant. My bad.I interviewed with KPSOM, there is a Caltech interview for some of the interviewees for the PhD portion that was supposed to be sent out for select students, but I can find no info on it. Its probably been sent out and those not selected are just being ghosted, but I heard last year they were super slow about it too and that they came out mid Dec even though that group was told early Nov or Dec like us.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Has anyone gotten the second round of KPSOM MD/PhD interviews yet?
I have a friend who was invited to interview with Caltech about 2 weeks ago.I interviewed with KPSOM, there is a Caltech interview for some of the interviewees for the PhD portion that was supposed to be sent out for select students, but I can find no info on it. Its probably been sent out and those not selected are just being ghosted, but I heard last year they were super slow about it too and that they came out mid Dec even though that group was told early Nov or Dec like us.
Do you happen to know around when your friend did their initial interview with Kaiser? Thanks!I have a friend who was invited to interview with Caltech about 2 weeks ago.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
It was on October 18th -- I believe they only had one day for all prospective MSTPers.Do you happen to know around when your friend did their initial interview with Kaiser? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For the Kaiser interview? I interviewed with Kaiser for MD-PhD mid-November and there were about 25 MD-PhD applicants in my session, so I think there may have been multiple dates for MD-PhD applicants! Just trying to figure out if I should still hold out hope for the Caltech interview 🥲It was on October 18th -- I believe they only had one day for all prospective MSTPers.
newkungfukenny
Full Member
when do we think early nov interviewers may hear back?
iloveharvard
Full Member
Their website said they will interview total 25 MD-PHD applicants for 3 slots, but it seems that they interviewed 50 already (your session + 10/18 session)For the Kaiser interview? I interviewed with Kaiser for MD-PhD mid-November and there were about 25 MD-PhD applicants in my session, so I think there may have been multiple dates for MD-PhD applicants! Just trying to figure out if I should still hold out hope for the Caltech interview 🥲
Or, will they select 25 applicants for Caltech interviews?
Last edited:
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
For the Kaiser interview? I interviewed with Kaiser for MD-PhD mid-November and there were about 25 MD-PhD applicants in my session, so I think there may have been multiple dates for MD-PhD applicants! Just trying to figure out if I should still hold out hope for the Caltech interview 🥲
hmm very interesting -- i also just thought Kaiser would only interview 25 total. since that's not the case perhaps they're still yet to send out caltech interviews for the november interview date. wishing you all the best @scrappydoop!!Their website said they will interview total 25 MD-PHD applicants for 3 slots, but it seems that they interviewed 50 already (your session + 10/18 session)
Or, will they select 25 applicants for Caltech interviews?
Hmmm yeah I'm not sure! I wish there was more transparency about the whole thing, I feel like the Caltech interview part was all very vague 🙁Their website said they will interview total 25 MD-PHD applicants for 3 slots, but it seems that they interviewed 50 already (your session + 10/18 session)
Or, will they select 25 applicants for Caltech interviews?