You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
oranges1234
New Member
9/17Which date?
Congrats! Change your name to Igotintokaiser lolLADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I GOT IN. INTERVIED 10/8 AND I HAVE A 509
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
carneasdasd
Full Member
Congrats! What time did you get the email?LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I GOT IN. INTERVIED 10/8 AND I HAVE A 509
We’re so cooked chat, it was fun while it lasted 🙁
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
11 almost on the dotCongrats! What time did you get the email?
Last edited:
D
deleted1036842
Congratu-frickin-lations!!LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I GOT IN. INTERVIED 10/8 AND I HAVE A 509
If what you said is true and they send it throughout the day, there's hope.We’re so cooked chat, it was fun while it lasted 🙁
wildcat216
Full Member
interviewed same day, are the rest of us cooked? 😭9/17
Relax. Our time will come.interviewed same day, are the rest of us cooked? 😭
wildcat216
Full Member
Do we know if they release decisions on a weekly basis? or could they release more tomorrow for all we know
It happens at random times at least on cycle tracker.Do we know if they release decisions on a weekly basis? or could they release more tomorrow for all we know
banananabread
Full Member
congratulations to those who got in!! 🎉 just curious, did you guys feel like your interview performance was particularly good?
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
So I felt I killed the Traditional interview. The MMI's I felt good for 80% of them. There was never a time I felt "Perfect" though.congratulations to those who got in!! 🎉 just curious, did you guys feel like your interview performance was particularly good?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Based on last years threads, people who interviewed in November continued to get accepted throughout the cycle. Can’t find any earlier interviews per se but could happen. Beyond that, looks like they had to wait till the end of April to either get an R or WL, then a lot of people got off the WL in May. We are in it for the long haul now.
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
Hey! PREview is required for your application to KPSOM (including the secondary) to be considered complete. I believe everyone receives the "primary application received" email whether or not they've completed the PREview exam. All that to say -- you should complete the PREview exam and not wait for them to notify you to do so (which I'm not sure if they even do).Sorry if it is a dumb question... Do we need to do PREview exam for Kaiser when "Primary Application Received" email? Or we have to wait after they notify us to take the exam?
MikoMiko9
Full Member
I just checked and seems no upcoming date for 2024 anymore. It seems my Kaiser application will not go through then! 😢Notably, the preview exam has no more dates for this year. next available test will be march (?)
Is preview exam in person or can be done online?
online, similar to Casper but all multiple choice. much easier imo.I just checked and seems no upcoming date for 2024 anymore. It seems my Kaiser application will not go through then! 😢
Is preview exam in person or can be done online?
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
nobody can really say. They sent out the first As but theres many more to go out.I interviewed on 9/17. Am I screwed?
They send them through like March, if I remember.Are they done sending out interview invites? 🙃
IS II +1
LatinaMed
Full Member
Congrats!!! When were you complete friend?!IS II +1
pinkysparkles24
Full Member
Has it been radio silence for anyone else? Complete late July and OOS with strong ties to CA 😢
Hiiiii2024
Full Member
Samee
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks!! Competed 07/26.Congrats!!! When were you complete friend?!
That was literally me. I crossed Kaiser off my list since I thought I was rejected already. At this stage, anything is possible!Has it been radio silence for anyone else? Complete late July and OOS with strong ties to CA 😢
They don't care about lies to CA.Has it been radio silence for anyone else? Complete late July and OOS with strong ties to CA 😢
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
From attending multiple admissions recruitment sessions with them, they've stressed the importance of mission fit when screening applicants for interview invites. Hang in there!
hifromvenus
Full Member
Completed my interview last month and the wait to hear back has been unbearable 🥲. wake up kaiser
is your interview on the 12th and 19th?IS II +1
15this your interview on the 12th and 19th?
Is it an MD-PhD interview?15th
MD only.Is it an MD-PhD interview?
Hiiiii2024
Full Member
Do you mind me asking when you submitted your secondary?+1 OOS II... only slot I had available was next week... so nervous! This will be my first interview. If anyone has any school-specific (but NDA-respectful) advice, I'd really appreciate it <3
Apologies! I knew I was forgetting something. I was complete 9/9!Do you mind me asking when you submitted your secondary?
Don't sweat it. It's a super chill experience.+1 OOS II... only slot I had available was next week... so nervous! This will be my first interview. If anyone has any school-specific (but NDA-respectful) advice, I'd really appreciate it <3
MaverickCowboy
Full Member
This is how I prepare for all my interviews (Kaiser included):+1 OOS II... only slot I had available was next week... so nervous! This will be my first interview. If anyone has any school-specific (but NDA-respectful) advice, I'd really appreciate it <3
I do a very thorough review of my application! When I do this, I like to imagine that I'm the interviewer and will be interviewing a prospective student. I pour through every single line of the primary and secondary application and challenge myself to think about the most niche questions.
On the activities section of AMCAS, you were limited to only 700 characters but surely you could've written more. Think of the interview as having unlimited characters -- in addition to what you've written about X activity, what more were you itching to write about but couldn't?
Be confident in yourself and go have fun! They're already intrigued by your application so don't try to change or be different. Be the same person whose story they found compelling in the primary and secondary.
All the best on your first interview -- I'm rooting for you!
Wow, this was really great. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this and for your well wishes!!This is how I prepare for all my interviews (Kaiser included):
I do a very thorough review of my application! When I do this, I like to imagine that I'm the interviewer and will be interviewing a prospective student. I pour through every single line of the primary and secondary application and challenge myself to think about the most niche questions.
On the activities section of AMCAS, you were limited to only 700 characters but surely you could've written more. Think of the interview as having unlimited characters -- in addition to what you've written about X activity, what more were you itching to write about but couldn't?
Be confident in yourself and go have fun! They're already intrigued by your application so don't try to change or be different. Be the same person whose story they found compelling in the primary and secondary.
All the best on your first interview -- I'm rooting for you!
Chipmunk435
Full Member
Do we think they are releasing a wave of acceptances this week?
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Letmeinpleaseucr
Full Member
congrats! Youll love it+1 OOS II complete 09/16
No, but they are releasing a wave of IIs.Do we think they are releasing a wave of acceptances this week?
What date did they have available for you?+1 OOS II complete 09/16
11/19 was the only date available for me.What date did they have available for you?