You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Kentucky
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats! Are you reg MD? Special program? Campus?IS A yesterday. around 5:30pm I got my call. Email came today. LM 69 interviewed 11/12
GoofyGoober2
Full Member
They gave us the 2028 cycle stat sheet at the interview and they sent out like 3k secondaries out of 4k apps and only interviewed 700 or something like that out of 1500 complete apps. Someone correct me if that's off.So am I one of the only OOS applicants who didn’t get an II? or is the [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]-[emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]% of people who receive an secondary will get an II a hoax [emoji24]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you! Yes reg MD, no special programs, and Lexington campusCongrats! Are you reg MD? Special program? Campus?
happy2Bhere:)
Full Member
Has anyone who interviewed 11/21 heard anything? I would have thought we would have heard something by now, but I didn't even get the MD/PhD email ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I interviewed on 11/12 and still haven’t heard anything🙁 Wondering if they do OOS decisions separately since someone got an IS A from my same interview date?Has anyone who interviewed 11/21 heard anything? I would have thought we would have heard something by now, but I didn't even get the MD/PhD email ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Received an email this morning stating that they are done reviewing applications for the year, my application has not yet been reviewed by the committee, and they will be adding a committee date in early January to get decisions out faster. I interviewed 11/12 in Lexington.
forthejoy5
Full Member
Has anyone on here been accepted to the Bowling Green campus yet? Do we know if the Bowling Green class is full or not? I'm OOS interviewing RPLP at Morehead soon for a WL position, but I listed Bowling Green as my 2nd choice. If we're WL'ed for a full campus and 2nd choice is not full, might we get accepted to the other campus? (Sorry for asking so many questions y'all😭)
happy2Bhere:)
Full Member
Nope, but should hear something either this week or next according to their latest email.Has anyone heard anything back since late Dec? I know they sent out an email saying that they will resume early January so I’m curious if they started already
Did they send one recently or are you talking about the one from before new years, around like the 24th?Nope, but should hear something either this week or next according to their latest email.
happy2Bhere:)
Full Member
They did not send one recently. I'm referring to the one sent on the 23rd about adding a meeting in early JanDid they send one recently or are you talking about the one from before new years, around like the 24th?
whereforart
New Member
My daughter just got a phone call today. Accepted at No. KY campus. She interviewed right around Nov. 23 or 24.
Alt. pool 🙁
happy2Bhere:)
Full Member
+1 Alternate pool also. Devastated
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LM score?+1 OOS A Lexington campus
It’s still early. Hopefully you will be accepted from the alt pool.+1 Alternate pool also. Devastated
Which campus did you interview for/list first? LM score?
Last edited:
Campus preference? LM score?Alt. pool 🙁
It’s on sdn how to calculate but it’s basically a combo of MCAT and gpa.Might be a dumb question but what is LM score?
Might be a dumb question but what is LM score?
LizzyM Score® Calculator | Student Doctor Network
Calculate your SDN LizzyM Score with GPA and current MCAT scaled into the original LizzyM range, compare the result with AAMC applicant outcome data, and find medical schools in the same reference band.
PhatRatNutz
New Member
It’s a value calculated from your stats that provides a rough estimate of your chances at getting into medical schoolMight be a dumb question but what is LM score?
68.1LM score?
Congrats!68.1
Did you get a call or an email?68.1
I got the call this morning, they said I should be receiving an email with all the info soonDid you get a call or an email?
That’s great! Congrats!!I got the call this morning, they said I should be receiving an email with all the info soon
Thank you!!!That’s great! Congrats!!
“Sorry to hear that.” Or “Hope you get good news from it” or “Maybe there will be movement off the list!” Or 🥺 are all appropriate things to say when asking for info from someone who’s disappointed.Campus preference? LM score?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone that interviewed on 12/5 Lexington heard anything? My daughter interviewed that day and hasn’t heard anything other than the email about adding an early January meeting email. I’m wondering if they haven’t reviewed yet the files for those that interviewed that day.
My sincerest apologies. Had a bit of disappointment in some areas as well. Alt pool this early will prob lead to an acceptance.“Sorry to hear that.” Or “Hope you get good news from it” or “Maybe there will be movement off the list!” Or 🥺 are all appropriate things to say when asking for info from someone who’s disappointed.
I doubt they have gotten to those applicants yet. I interviewed 11/12 Lexington and just got my decision today!Has anyone that interviewed on 12/5 Lexington heard anything? My daughter interviewed that day and hasn’t heard anything other than the email about adding an early January meeting email. I’m wondering if they haven’t reviewed yet the files for those that interviewed that day.
biggiecheez
Full Member
Anyone else still waiting to hear back on an interview decision? I applied in early August… any advice
SirAsclepius
New Member
+1 IS A last Friday (1/10). Interviewed 11/19
forthejoy5
Full Member
Hey y'all, according to someone in admissions from one of the campuses, Bowling Green and Northern Kentucky classes were not full as of two weeks ago. Morehead and Lexington classes are full though. Good luck to everyone this cycle ❤️Has anyone on here been accepted to the Bowling Green campus yet? Do we know if the Bowling Green class is full or not? I'm OOS interviewing RPLP at Morehead soon for a WL position, but I listed Bowling Green as my 2nd choice. If we're WL'ed for a full campus and 2nd choice is not full, might we get accepted to the other campus? (Sorry for asking so many questions y'all😭)
D
deleted1195515
ahhh that's disappointing. Surprised we didn't get an email about it thoughHey y'all, according to someone in admissions from one of the campuses, Bowling Green and Northern Kentucky classes were not full as of two weeks ago. Morehead and Lexington classes are full though. Good luck to everyone this cycle ❤️
buckeyeblitz
New Member
fwiw based on the application cycle last year, UK doesn’t seem to send much in terms of update emails.ahhh that's disappointing. Surprised we didn't get an email about it though
I was in the alternate pool and I never got an email about being rejected, kind of just had to assume once it got late enough. Thought it might be worth mentioning in case anyone here gets ghosted this cycle
Last edited:
forthejoy5
Full Member
The interview format was 2 30-35 minute interviews. I interviewed RPLP so other campuses may be different but it included some typical reflection questions along with any questions they had about your app. Also included some situational questions (but not to the point of like an MMI question; they were all realistic questions you could probably easily answer.) They didn't really throw any curve balls. The interview questions on the SDN interview feedback form might be helpful to look at too to get an idea of what they might ask. Good luck and hope this helps! 🙂How long were interviews for everyone and what were the type of questions people asked? Like was it more reflection questions about why medicine and plans to do while in school? Or was it more about your app?
University of Kentucky College of Medicine Interview Feedback
Ranking of schools based on SDN s years of school data and member surveys. SDN is independent and nonprofit.
happy2Bhere:)
Full Member
Are people who have been placed in the alternate pool unable to add update letters to the portal? I only see the file type options for letter of intent and updated transcripts. Can anyone confirm?
biggiecheez
Full Member
Does anyone know how many interview dates are left? I know it’s now for alt pool but was wondering
forthejoy5
Full Member
Not sure about Lex, Northern Kentucky, or Bowling Green, but Morehead (RPLP) is done interviewing for the cycle.Does anyone know how many interview dates are left? I know it’s now for alt pool but was wondering
Did anyone receive details about the welcome reception next week?
Is this for admitted students ?Did anyone receive details about the welcome reception next week?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yesIs this for admitted students ?
bootchmagoo
Full Member
The last thing I heard was a Nov 25 Email saying still under review. Radio Silence since. What does that mean at this point? Are they still interviewing? OOS
I haven't received any specifics about it. Like attire, parking, etc...Did anyone receive details about the welcome reception next week?
catlover222
Full Member
Does anyone know how much waitlist movement this school has? Is it worth it to interview for a spot on the waitlist? I'm OOS