You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Loma Linda
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Suchagoodpersonman
Full Member
Hello everyoneeee, have any non-affiliated people received II yet?
not me!Hello everyoneeee, have any non-affiliated people received II yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
weatherball101
Full Member
Just got a hold notification 😔 anyone know the chances of coming off?
Hello, was wondering how the school is so far. I have an interview soon and am just nervous because they don't post their match success rates/board passing rates. I have heard good things especially over the last few years about this school.Incoming M-1 at this school who was accepted off the WL. If any future students have questions, I will do my best to answer.
Hey! I will say, med school has been tough, but I think it would be tough anywhere. We just finished our first block and almost everyone did well.Hello, was wondering how the school is so far. I have an interview soon and am just nervous because they don't post their match success rates/board passing rates. I have heard good things especially over the last few years about this school.
The match lists are given to students who request it, but they’re told to kindly not share it. I have seen the Match list, you can also breakdown if you watch their match video of where they are going and what specialties etc as they share numbers.
I’m interested in IM and Rads rn, and they matched to UCLA, USC, Mayo etc in those 2 fields. In the most recent two matches they’ve had a match in almost every speciality, with a lot of people staying in house at LLU or in CA.
Since we are P/F and I’ve only done 1 block, I can’t comment on how I felt for boards sadly. But will continue to share if you remind me haha.
Another post for others who might come across this thread: just want to share my personal anecdote as an M1 so far.
Things I love:
P/F - this is so underrated, please please please please listen to this. If nothing else, listen to this. This has been such a huge hurdle off my shoulders week over week. I can focus way more on big picture and then I’ve been able to start watching bootcamp and third party to prep for step. We also do not have internal ranking and mostly everyone is very collaborative.
Abundant Research - research has been easier to come by than expected, I just got on a project by cold emailing.
Amboss - they give you Amboss which is cool, I use it, some cool stuff, but also wish we got Bootcamp because that’s been the most useful for me so far in learning. I would suggest everyone get that for big picture.
- simulation center is out of this world nice and love the people who run it. Probably my favorite part of this school.
Weekly Quizzes - Pro and con, forces you to review material, which is good. Sucks because every Friday you got a quiz and I love watching TNF 🙁
Misconceptions:
You can drink caffeine, no one gives a rats a**. I drink caffeine in front of professors everyday, as does almost half the class. They also sell Celsius and coffee in vending machines and on campus. I keep reading this online and literally not a single person on campus ever has said 1 thing about this. Could not be further from the truth about “not being able to drink caffeine etc”
“Overly religious / not inclusive”: I will preface by saying I am a white male, so make of that whatever you want. With that being said, we have some lgbtq classmates and then a lot of underrepresented minorities, they all seem to feel very encouraged by the environment and we all support eachother. There are a**holes anywhere an everywhere. The religious courses we do have transitioned to apply to medicine more which is cool, we learn a lot about history of oppression in medicine and how we cna use service as a beacon to help make change, which seems genuine and then we actually get togo do it.
Things I don’t love:
- parking at times is a shjt show. Especially on chapel days.
- cost……. Enough said.
- library does not open until 10am on Sundays, just annoying, wish it was 8am or even 9am
- A lot of random scattered labs or activities (Histo, Clinical skills, PIQ, Anatomy, microbio etc. just feels like a lot and they do some weird grouping systems so it cycles and some weeks you will be SWARMED. Like some days I’ll have almost only labs which makes it exhausting.
- Inconsistency with professors: some professors have questions that are very fair and test what was taught, others are so dated and don’t use or change the material to align more with how boards or amboss etc would ask Qs. Some can be stubborn per usual.
- Can feel clicky for sure, but I still have friends.
Overall, I LOVE the school. Med school is a grind, I am trying to tread. Enjoy this moment people, you will be swamped soon. I highly recommend this school.
Things I love:
P/F - this is so underrated, please please please please listen to this. If nothing else, listen to this. This has been such a huge hurdle off my shoulders week over week. I can focus way more on big picture and then I’ve been able to start watching bootcamp and third party to prep for step. We also do not have internal ranking and mostly everyone is very collaborative.
Abundant Research - research has been easier to come by than expected, I just got on a project by cold emailing.
Amboss - they give you Amboss which is cool, I use it, some cool stuff, but also wish we got Bootcamp because that’s been the most useful for me so far in learning. I would suggest everyone get that for big picture.
- simulation center is out of this world nice and love the people who run it. Probably my favorite part of this school.
Weekly Quizzes - Pro and con, forces you to review material, which is good. Sucks because every Friday you got a quiz and I love watching TNF 🙁
Misconceptions:
You can drink caffeine, no one gives a rats a**. I drink caffeine in front of professors everyday, as does almost half the class. They also sell Celsius and coffee in vending machines and on campus. I keep reading this online and literally not a single person on campus ever has said 1 thing about this. Could not be further from the truth about “not being able to drink caffeine etc”
“Overly religious / not inclusive”: I will preface by saying I am a white male, so make of that whatever you want. With that being said, we have some lgbtq classmates and then a lot of underrepresented minorities, they all seem to feel very encouraged by the environment and we all support eachother. There are a**holes anywhere an everywhere. The religious courses we do have transitioned to apply to medicine more which is cool, we learn a lot about history of oppression in medicine and how we cna use service as a beacon to help make change, which seems genuine and then we actually get togo do it.
Things I don’t love:
- parking at times is a shjt show. Especially on chapel days.
- cost……. Enough said.
- library does not open until 10am on Sundays, just annoying, wish it was 8am or even 9am
- A lot of random scattered labs or activities (Histo, Clinical skills, PIQ, Anatomy, microbio etc. just feels like a lot and they do some weird grouping systems so it cycles and some weeks you will be SWARMED. Like some days I’ll have almost only labs which makes it exhausting.
- Inconsistency with professors: some professors have questions that are very fair and test what was taught, others are so dated and don’t use or change the material to align more with how boards or amboss etc would ask Qs. Some can be stubborn per usual.
- Can feel clicky for sure, but I still have friends.
Overall, I LOVE the school. Med school is a grind, I am trying to tread. Enjoy this moment people, you will be swamped soon. I highly recommend this school.
Last edited:
Don't be nervous! I've been a lurker here answering questions for going on 5 years now lol. Currently an anesthesia intern at a great program. Our match last year was great! I have 5 classmates at UMich for a wide variety of specialties, 3 at Stanford, several at Mayo, Georgetown, NYU Grossman, Harvard, Brown, Case Western, UCSF, UCLA, UCSD, Wake Forest, University of Miami, University of Texas, University of Chicago, University of Tennessee, OSU, Loyola, University of Washington, etc...Hello, was wondering how the school is so far. I have an interview soon and am just nervous because they don't post their match success rates/board passing rates. I have heard good things especially over the last few years about this school.
The list is pretty extensive and we had a lot of competitive matches (including 19 into Anesthesia.). We also had good number of ophthalmology, rads, ortho, gen surg, OB/GYN, rad/onc. People also matched plastics, derm, neurosurgery, urology, you name it. That being said, preclinical is preclinical anywhere, we were around the average for board pass rates and I think that has only gotten better. I know if you end up attending school here, you will come out a competent and caring physician that will stand out among your peers. A lot of that is also influenced (like all things in life) by how hard you work. The support system and culture at LLUSM is excellent as far as med schools go and I don't think you will leave here wishing you had more support or people by your side along the way.
Also I'm a HUGE proponent of people trying to go to the regional campus at AdventHealth in Orlando as well! I went there and I LOVED my experience. Literally priceless (and I might argue better than LLU for clinical years) opportunities in every sense you could imagine. Like just the perk of being at the same location for two years for all of your rotations is MASSIVE. At LLU you could be at the home hospital, but a lot of people get sent to regional hospitals in the area, the VA, and into LA (not that its a bad experience or anything, I've heard good things about those locations too) but who wants to spend a couple of months at a hospital then go rotate somewhere you aren't familiar! We also don't go to the VA at AHO (THANK GOD, the VA is literally a nightmare and a half, I would pay someone to stay at the same institution and to use Epic during my training). Which also keep in mind, literally every large hospital you would want to go to for residency likely uses Epic since its the best leading EMR out there.
Plus the financial benefit and the amount of free stuff/food that they give you at AHO is insane. It's a world class hospital ranked by US News in the top 20 in the nation and one of the largest by bed number. The hospital is SUPER new (and the peds hospital is sponsored by Disney) and they are also adding a new billion dollar surgical tower that I think is slated to be done in 2030. Like I could literally go on and on about why you should try to go here, but it speaks for itself. They are expanding the in-house residencies offered every year with neurology, urology, and anesthesia just being added recently. After I am done with all of my training, I hope to go back there to work one day, that's how much I loved my time there. See the links below to learn more about it!
U.S. News & World Report names AdventHealth Orlando top hospital in Florida, among nation’s top 20
The hospital was also recognized as a national leader in 11 clinical specialties, and as the Orlando area’s best hospital for the 15th year in a row.
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education Department is committed to serving the community, the sponsoring institution, the faculty, staff, resident AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education Department is committed to serving the community, the sponsoring institution, the faculty, staff, resident...
Regional Campuses | School of Medicine
Regional campuses offer a unique opportunity to train in a region of the country where a student has ties and/or desires to practice during their future career. There may be a tuition incentive for the years spent at the regional campus. Many will go on to practice in the local or surrounding...
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education Central Florida (@adventhealthgmecentralflorida) • Instagram photos and videos
1,721 Followers, 124 Following, 215 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education Central Florida (@adventhealthgmecentralflorida)
www.instagram.com
Had plenty of classmates that were agnostic! You would also be surprised at the number of "Christian" students that were just raised that way but are more agnostic than anything. Don't let that deter you from trying to attend here!based on the secondaries this school's not shy about its religious component. Do you think they'll like agnostic folks like me?![]()
I'd agree with this. About 30-40%. Maybe more, maybe less. I knew most people in my class so I'd say somewhere in that range tbhFor most I’ve talked to so far, it doesn’t even come up in conversations. I’d guess about 30%? This is a complete guess since I don’t go around asking people their religion.
You can literally do as many away rotations as you want in 4th year (I had friends do up to 5 ortho aways for a month each in our fourth year). As for third year you have 4 weeks of "elective" time (2 week blocks) that you can do anything that you are interested in. And most of the core MS3 rotations allow for you to experience different subspecialties within those rotations. You can also reach out to individual departments to shadow if you want (or have time) in your preclinical years. I had friends that got plugged in with the interventional rads, neurosurgery, ophthalmology departments from day 1 of first year, did research with them, and ended up matching to those specialties. The opportunities are there if you want them!Hello I’ve been shadowing with various internists at LLUMC and I’ve spoken with many residents who’ve told me I should try something that isn’t offered in core clerkship rotations to give me a better idea of certain fields. Do you know if LLUSM students are able to do elective away rotations or sub internships? I’ve been interested in various random specialties like radiology, rad-onc, pathology, rheum, PM&R, or even anesthesia or ortho lol. Was just wondering if you know how much exposure you guys will get to these fields outside of the required rotations? Thanks in advance.
I'd say maybe 30% isn't SDA. I think thats what about my class was. To be fair tho, a lot of the SDA students are "just Christian" and don't really believe a lot of what the SDA church believes.I applied because this was an in-state school. I saw SDA students get preference, but does anyone know how many students that get in aren’t SDA affiliated?
I got off the waitlist here with a similar MCAT and know others who did as well. We all did well in medical school and buckled down. I think you still have a decent shotWho’s had their interview already and how did it go? I had interview 10/9 and it went really well but I have a 503 MCAT which scares me, I have 3.92 gpa and everything else on app is good but MCAT holding me back. This is my top choice as I’m SDA as well. Do yall think I still have high chance even with my mcat?
Ian Bryner
New Member
Does anyone know the turn around time for decisions after being interviewed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ArthurFleckMD
Full Member
How long do they typically give out II invites for?
are we thinking decisions are happening this thursday or nah?
Don't be nervous! I've been a lurker here answering questions for going on 5 years now lol. Currently an anesthesia intern at a great program. Our match last year was great! I have 5 classmates at UMich for a wide variety of specialties, 3 at Stanford, several at Mayo, Georgetown, NYU Grossman, Harvard, Brown, Case Western, UCSF, UCLA, UCSD, Wake Forest, University of Miami, University of Texas, University of Chicago, University of Tennessee, OSU, Loyola, University of Washington, etc...
The list is pretty extensive and we had a lot of competitive matches (including 19 into Anesthesia.). We also had good number of ophthalmology, rads, ortho, gen surg, OB/GYN, rad/onc. People also matched plastics, derm, neurosurgery, urology, you name it. That being said, preclinical is preclinical anywhere, we were around the average for board pass rates and I think that has only gotten better. I know if you end up attending school here, you will come out a competent and caring physician that will stand out among your peers. A lot of that is also influenced (like all things in life) by how hard you work. The support system and culture at LLUSM is excellent as far as med schools go and I don't think you will leave here wishing you had more support or people by your side along the way.
Also I'm a HUGE proponent of people trying to go to the regional campus at AdventHealth in Orlando as well! I went there and I LOVED my experience. Literally priceless (and I might argue better than LLU for clinical years) opportunities in every sense you could imagine. Like just the perk of being at the same location for two years for all of your rotations is MASSIVE. At LLU you could be at the home hospital, but a lot of people get sent to regional hospitals in the area, the VA, and into LA (not that its a bad experience or anything, I've heard good things about those locations too) but who wants to spend a couple of months at a hospital then go rotate somewhere you aren't familiar! We also don't go to the VA at AHO (THANK GOD, the VA is literally a nightmare and a half, I would pay someone to stay at the same institution and to use Epic during my training). Which also keep in mind, literally every large hospital you would want to go to for residency likely uses Epic since its the best leading EMR out there.
Plus the financial benefit and the amount of free stuff/food that they give you at AHO is insane. It's a world class hospital ranked by US News in the top 20 in the nation and one of the largest by bed number. The hospital is SUPER new (and the peds hospital is sponsored by Disney) and they are also adding a new billion dollar surgical tower that I think is slated to be done in 2030. Like I could literally go on and on about why you should try to go here, but it speaks for itself. They are expanding the in-house residencies offered every year with neurology, urology, and anesthesia just being added recently. After I am done with all of my training, I hope to go back there to work one day, that's how much I loved my time there. See the links below to learn more about it!
![]()
U.S. News & World Report names AdventHealth Orlando top hospital in Florida, among nation’s top 20
The hospital was also recognized as a national leader in 11 clinical specialties, and as the Orlando area’s best hospital for the 15th year in a row.www.adventhealth.com
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education Department is committed to serving the community, the sponsoring institution, the faculty, staff, resident AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education Department is committed to serving the community, the sponsoring institution, the faculty, staff, resident...www.adventhealth.com
Regional Campuses | School of Medicine
Regional campuses offer a unique opportunity to train in a region of the country where a student has ties and/or desires to practice during their future career. There may be a tuition incentive for the years spent at the regional campus. Many will go on to practice in the local or surrounding...medicine.llu.edu
![]()
AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education Central Florida (@adventhealthgmecentralflorida) • Instagram photos and videos
1,721 Followers, 124 Following, 215 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from AdventHealth Graduate Medical Education Central Florida (@adventhealthgmecentralflorida)www.instagram.com
Thank you so much, this is very helpful. Do you know if they let you change on your application to go to AHO for the last two years? I did not choose that on my app but after reading so much positive information definitely would prefer it especially since I am from Mid-Atlantic east coast.
that's what i was thinking, lets hope soare we thinking decisions are happening this thursday or nah?
i just saw that 2 people reported rejections yesterday ahh (on cycle track)are we thinking decisions are happening this thursday or nah?
RealHulkHogan
Full Member
join the club lol! But as someone who is also on the pre-II hold, I spoke to current LLUSM students and nobody seems to know about Loma doing thisOOS pre-II hold, not SDA affiliated. Does anyone know if there is ever movement here?
I didn’t get an interview till March then was waitlisted then admitted in May. Hold out hope and write an update after some time passesOOS pre-II hold, not SDA affiliated. Does anyone know if there is ever movement here?
Thank you so much, this gives me hope. I keep telling myself no news is good news for now.I didn’t get an interview till March then was waitlisted then admitted in May. Hold out hope and write an update after some time passes
RealHulkHogan
Full Member
Did you also get placed on the pre-II hold?I didn’t get an interview till March then was waitlisted then admitted in May. Hold out hope and write an update after some time passes
acceptmealready67
Full Member
Based on last year, decisions tomorrow?
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
Were you notified of the hold, or did you have to sign into the portal to find out?Did you also get placed on the pre-II hold?
RealHulkHogan
Full Member
I was notified via email of a status update in my portalWere you notified of the hold, or did you have to sign into the portal to find out?
Suchagoodpersonman
Full Member
same for me, submitted in July as well, no news
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
bro i really hope soDo you guys think we are getting the calls today?
acceptmealready67
Full Member
Got a feeling we are but who knowsDo you guys think we are getting the calls today?
anyone hear anything? 😢
acceptmealready67
Full Member
Nope lol. Idk if it’s true but I hear they usually call after 5pm pstanyone hear anything? 😢
I did but also grew up in the area so i have thatHello everyoneeee, have any non-affiliated people received II yet?
EbenezerK
New Member
Has anyone from anywhere gotten accepted?Anyone from east coast ever get accepted?
futuredoc0707
New Member
was just wondering this same thing!Has anyone from anywhere gotten accepted?
medschoolpleasee
Full Member
according to msar yes, east coast!
futuredoc0707
New Member
has anyone gotten an A from them this cycle yet besides the early admits?
acceptmealready67
Full Member
Admit.org says 0 acceptances so far
Suchagoodpersonman
Full Member
lol
acceptmealready67
Full Member
If not tomorrow, GOTTA be next Thursdaytomorrow?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Suchagoodpersonman
Full Member
what if it's not next Thursday either
acceptmealready67
Full Member
what if it's not next Thursday either
Well the next week is thanksgiving week and I think Loma Linda always starts acceptances in November
tamparesident
Full Member
God be with you all and I pray we all get accepted
futuredoc0707
New Member
one of my friends (an MS3 at LLU) said they may not start acceptances until december and that non-sda undergrad may not get decisions until spring! take it with a grain of salt but that's all i've heard so far
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K