2025-2026 Loma Linda

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can anyone answer these? - is it pass/fail 1st 2 years then pass/fail/high pass/honors for clinical years? I’m interested in competitive specialties and want to stand out so the higher level of distinction may work in my favor for getting good residencies.
The first two years are P/F but you can get distinction if you get 88% or higher in each block. Clinical years are P/F/HP/H.

Not to say honors is not important, but if you want to stand out, STEP 2 and research are going to be your best bet for putting energy in from a time perspective.

Also I would not focus on "gunning" for honors, you will quickly realize that medical school is no joke and going in with the mindset or expectation that you "have to get" honors is not healthy. Focus on building good habits once you start, doing the best you can each week and integrating practice questions routinely. The honors will come on their own from that.

Not saying you have this mindset necessarily, but I think its worth sharing.
 
Does anyone have insight into the value of the January 25th open house? I’m trying to decide if I should visit now or wait for the tour day in April. My main goal is to get a feel for the culture and facilities, but I’m also eager to discuss the curriculum with faculty. When I reached out last month, they mentioned the April date might be better for those specifics—has anyone found the January event to be just as comprehensive?
 
Does anyone have insight into the value of the January 25th open house? I’m trying to decide if I should visit now or wait for the tour day in April. My main goal is to get a feel for the culture and facilities, but I’m also eager to discuss the curriculum with faculty. When I reached out last month, they mentioned the April date might be better for those specifics—has anyone found the January event to be just as comprehensive?
Just saw this, I reccomend going it is def informative, obviously a little late, but they have other events down the line if you were not able to make it to this one
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those who got an A, should those of us still waiting be looking for an email or a call? If it’s a call is it just the standard admissions office line? I want to save it as a contact so it doesn’t get filtered as spam.
 
For those who got an A, should those of us still waiting be looking for an email or a call? If it’s a call is it just the standard admissions office line? I want to save it as a contact so it doesn’t get filtered as spam.
look for a call! im not sure if its the standard admissions office line, but the area code is 909
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not SDA but protestant christian and got the A mid nov after a 10/30 interview i would reach out
I will not end up matriculating here, regardless, so I'll just let it play out naturally, just curious, though, given this is by far the longest I've waited for a decision post interview
 
Sent in a Letter of Intent and now my portal says I am in a "Pre-interview Hold". Anyone know if that is a good or bad sign for this school? Never got an email saying my status changed, just randomly checked the secondary portal and saw that.
 
Sent in a Letter of Intent and now my portal says I am in a "Pre-interview Hold". Anyone know if that is a good or bad sign for this school? Never got an email saying my status changed, just randomly checked the secondary portal and saw that.
Probably not the greatest thing, I got that back in like September along with a few others and nothing since. They did send me an email when it happened though
 
Sent in a Letter of Intent and now my portal says I am in a "Pre-interview Hold". Anyone know if that is a good or bad sign for this school? Never got an email saying my status changed, just randomly checked the secondary portal and saw that.

Same status & I didn't get an email either
 
I sent an application update in January and have not heard anything since submitting my secondary in July. My portal hasn't changed either

You don't have this under "Application Status"?

Screenshot 2026-03-10 at 8.57.59 PM.png
 
I interviewed mid December and heard back about a month later. I’m not SDA, but I think the timing depends on when the committee meets to discuss your file, which, as others have pointed out, can vary quite a bit.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone else who interviewed in early December still waiting to hear anything?? Its been 100 days for me, I'm starting to wonder if there was some type of clerical error.
 
For those who have received an invitation to the MMS program instead of an A or R, please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you want to learn more about it. I am a current MMS student that is going to be part of the CO2030. I wish that I had someone to talk to about it this time last year, so this is my way of giving back. Good luck to everyone that is going through this process!
 
do we think that interviews are still going out or whether it's worth it to send in a letter of interest? complete end of july and sent an update end of january and havent heard anything at all
 
do we think that interviews are still going out or whether it's worth it to send in a letter of interest? complete end of july and sent an update end of january and havent heard anything at all
Last year they waitlisted a ton of us on the same day, April 10th. I have a sneaking suspcion that's what's happening this year. It's been 117 days since I interviewed and I haven't heard anything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad