You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
artificialflavors
Full Member
yes loldid anyone else get a random email with a list of "emails of candidates"
scarletblight
New Member
lol like what???? Name of people that might get in?did anyone else get a random email with a list of "emails of candidates"
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
crazymolecule4
Full Member
Was also wondering what that email was for… I’m already accepted and got it too
lol like what???? Name of people that might get in?
crazymolecule4
Full Member
Like what am i a candidate for? 🤔
tpaflamingo
Full Member
I am still waiting from my Pre-II rejection, the bulk of the rejections went out a month ago at this point.
Starting to think I am being ghosted by this school
Starting to think I am being ghosted by this school
ninstonbiller
Full Member
Does anyone have insight on where they are like are they done sending acceptances and are onto the waitlist. I interviewed 2/25 and haven't heard anything back yet and last years sdn seemed to stop around now in terms of As
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
i think at this point, they will be opening up the waitlist around the april 30th deadline that admitted students have. There will also be large waitlist movement after the first week of may (from what i gather)Does anyone have insight on where they are like are they done sending acceptances and are onto the waitlist. I interviewed 2/25 and haven't heard anything back yet and last years sdn seemed to stop around now in terms of As
ninstonbiller
Full Member
Just got continued consideration email. Is this the same as a waitlist here?
artificialflavors
Full Member
Withdrew A today. Good luck to everyone!
got it too, i think it's like one step down from WLJust got continued consideration email. Is this the same as a waitlist here?
I would say it's one step "up" from a WL, because it means they haven't decided yet whether to WL you or accept yougot it too, i think it's like one step down from WL

not sure if it's the same as what I got today as well, but it's a pre-II CR 😅I would say it's one step "up" from a WL, because it means they haven't decided yet whether to WL you or accept you![]()
They place students on the CC list until May and will offer students on the CC list a place on the waitlist starting May. Basically emailing and asking students if they want to be on waitlist. Loyola don't have an official waitlist until May.got it too, i think it's like one step down from WL
oh wow, thank you!They place students on the CC list until May and will offer students on the CC list a place on the waitlist starting May. Basically emailing and asking students if they want to be on waitlist. Loyola don't have an official waitlist until May.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II? So you haven’t interviewed?
not sure if it's the same as what I got today as well, but it's a pre-II CR 😅
I'm a graduating M4, I got VERY little scholarship my first year. Then the dean just randomly gives scholarships the next few years so in total I ended up getting 60K across the 4 years which took a big dent off my debt. Around M1-5K, M2-12K, M3-15K, 25K-M4. These scholarships come with no notice, usually you can apply for them starting M2 year with a single application and they will just show up on your financial aid portal.Does anybody have any insight on SSOM's merit scholarships? Or where I could find information on these? Thanks!
I'm grateful. However, just would be careful going to this school if you're a WOC. As a whole, we match incredibly well but when I've looked at match rates across the years there's a huge discrepancy in competitive and mid- competitive fields with WOC consistently not matching or not matching as nearly as well. Think non-minorities women matching at like top 30s in their respective residency fields vs. WOC SOAPING out of competitive fields to fam medicine and or matching way down their list.
I'd like to believe it's a coincidence but after this year, I don't because at the end of the day, M3-M4 year is all about subjective clinical evaluations. As well as hearing my letter writers called me a "ninja" in my letter of recommendations, whether that was meant to be complimentary or not, residency interviewers mentioned it was largely unprofessional.
So just be warned.
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
Finally got that pre-II OOS R🙏
tpaflamingo
Full Member
I am still waiting, but at least they are still sending them out. Maybe I have not been totally ghosted
OOS pre II R
PreMedNeurotic
Full Member
OOS pre II R
yes but when I use the doodle link to register for a time it says the event is either closed or doesn't exist. Is anyone else having this problem?OOS pre-II R. Did everyone get an opportunity for a consultation with an admissions staff member in their email?
tpaflamingo
Full Member
FINALLY got my Pre-II R lol
Lol today or yesterday?FINALLY got my Pre-II R lol
tpaflamingo
Full Member
Today, this morningLol today or yesterday?
TheBoneMarrow
New Member
Has anyone received need-based scholarship?
Got one for $3,000 but it seems like a joke considering their cost and my fafsa student aid index is extremely low
Got one for $3,000 but it seems like a joke considering their cost and my fafsa student aid index is extremely low
ninstonbiller
Full Member
We are a rolling admissions school, and we send out offers until we seat the class.
Our continued consideration list is a waitlist, and if at any time you would like to remove yourself from the list, please let us know and we can update your application.
I got this response to an email and just wanted to clarify does this mean you can still be accepted off of cc as they continuously admit because I was under the impression that's was continued consideration was because this makes it sound firmly waitlist.
Our continued consideration list is a waitlist, and if at any time you would like to remove yourself from the list, please let us know and we can update your application.
I got this response to an email and just wanted to clarify does this mean you can still be accepted off of cc as they continuously admit because I was under the impression that's was continued consideration was because this makes it sound firmly waitlist.
artificialflavors
Full Member
I got $0 despite low SAI. Sorry my friendHas anyone received need-based scholarship?
Got one for $3,000 but it seems like a joke considering their cost and my fafsa student aid index is extremely low
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnEndlessSourceofLove
Full Member
I thought the email dox was merit-based scholarship candidates, but I'm not sure. If anyone has any leads lmk!Like what am i a candidate for? 🤔
crazymolecule4
Full Member
Does anyone know when to expect financial aid or merit scholarships?? I got accepted a few weeks ago and I am seriously considering this school but can’t really make a final decision until I know if they will be offering me any money or not.
pandabear1435
New Member
still haven't received a pre-II R. Am I just ghosted?
pinkdolphin361
Full Member
Wait, people got an offer to speak with an admissions person post rejection?? I did not get that lol
bruhmoment12
Full Member
Lol, it does make it sound that it's like firmly waitlist. I'm on the CC too. Now i'm curious if they would make the decision to accept you when you are on this list...We are a rolling admissions school, and we send out offers until we seat the class.
Our continued consideration list is a waitlist, and if at any time you would like to remove yourself from the list, please let us know and we can update your application.
I got this response to an email and just wanted to clarify does this mean you can still be accepted off of cc as they continuously admit because I was under the impression that's was continued consideration was because this makes it sound firmly waitlist.
Like from my understanding, when you are placed on this list, they make a determination to place you on a waitlist in May if they didn't make a decision prior. But now, idk...
Please take this with a grain of salt, but I am also on the CC list, and when i go on the 'admissions decision' tab, the URL says WL. Does anyone else see this?Lol, it does make it sound that it's like firmly waitlist. I'm on the CC too. Now i'm curious if they would make the decision to accept you when you are on this list...
Like from my understanding, when you are placed on this list, they make a determination to place you on a waitlist in May if they didn't make a decision prior. But now, idk...
BarnBurner12
New Member
I think it may be the same for everyone. For me, it's" Applicant/Final/WL/Default" in the URL. Same for others?Please take this with a grain of salt, but I am also on the CC list, and when i go on the 'admissions decision' tab, the URL says WL. Does anyone else see this?
sweetstyle
Full Member
I've been on CC since December. I've recently gone to check the AMCAS pick my school tool and see that they have put Loyola as one of the schools i have been waitlisted at
bruhmoment12
Full Member
Interesting, I don't really see anything on my end.I've been on CC since December. I've recently gone to check the AMCAS pick my school tool and see that they have put Loyola as one of the schools i have been waitlisted at
ninstonbiller
Full Member
Anybody hear anything I thought they did every other week?
life_in_a_nutshell
Full Member
Same I got CCed late march and I’ve been seeing it as AL on AMCAS tooI've been on CC since December. I've recently gone to check the AMCAS pick my school tool and see that they have put Loyola as one of the schools i have been waitlisted at
Last edited:
Erle N. Meyer
New Member
Submitted in August. Heard nothing since. Guessing I won't hear anything but kinda crazy to hear nothing
Finally got the pre-II R
magic_fish12
Full Member
A withdrawn, best of luck of those on WL!
Me too, exactly 9 months after I submitted my secondary. Loyola you were not loyal to me! But my cycle is officially over 🥵💦Finally got the pre-II R
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
goldenretriever25
Full Member
Just withdrew my A with scholarship. Goodluck to you all today!! 🙂
life_in_a_nutshell
Full Member
Any recent WL movement?
I just got the call... I got my first A!!!!
Interviewed in Nov and was placed on the CC list mid dec.
Interviewed in Nov and was placed on the CC list mid dec.
BarnBurner12
New Member
+ 1 IS A..... First, acceptance feels sweet!
Interviewed mid-feb and cc'd early March
Interviewed mid-feb and cc'd early March
MozartandMed
New Member
Congrats!!! Did your portals change/get emails or just calls?