You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
cheesefries03
Full Member
i interviewed this week so praying i hear back soon too!!10/2
zzzpanda
New Member
Fingers crossed for you!!i interviewed this week so praying i hear back soon too!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
palindromed
New Member
Congratulations! Has your portal updated? Been a few hours for me and it hasn't reflected the change in status yet.
OOS A! Interviewed late september
supplementalfridge
New Member
Thank you! Yes, my portal has updated.Congratulations! Has your portal updated? Been a few hours for me and it hasn't reflected the change in status yet.
MED WARRIOR
Full Member
+1 A!!!! Yesterday!
med_school2025
New Member
Has anyone still not heard back? I interviewed early September and haven’t received a CC or A yet.
D
deleted1223266
OOS III just got an II! However, I live out of state. Should I try to fly in for the in person or should I do virtual? I cannot tell.
I just got an interview now too! Chose virtual... what did you end up doing? Also, any news?
cheesefries03
Full Member
I chose virtual as well!! It was such a great day, I don't think they seem to bias too much one way or the other. The student panel people all interviewed virtually as well. Congrats on the II!!OOS II
I just got an interview now too! Chose virtual... what did you end up doing? Also, any news?
Nothing yet! I I interviewed 2 days ago HAHA so I have some time
D
deleted1223266
Awesome, that's great to hear! The MSAR makes it seem that Loyola interviews very few people but then accepts most of them? I don't know if its true or not.I chose virtual as well!! It was such a great day, I don't think they seem to bias too much one way or the other. The student panel people all interviewed virtually as well. Congrats on the II!!
Nothing yet! I I interviewed 2 days ago HAHA so I have some time
I think they send out invites monthlyDoes Loyola have another round of interview invites going out soon?
D
deleted1223266
Interviewed today, was told decisions are meted out every 2 weeks, and decision for us will be in 6 weeks... I wonder if its like certainly by 6 weeks, or anytime btwn now and 6 weeks...
cheesefries03
Full Member
I got continued consideration today 🙁 is that a soft R? have people successfully submitted letters and received As?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
randal'thor
Full Member
Interviewed 9/30. Still haven't heard anything yet; does anyone know about how long my turnaround should be? I had thought they said late October during the interview
med_school2025
New Member
What day did you interview?I got continued consideration today 🙁 is that a soft R? have people successfully submitted letters and received As?
hruerneruireguhrehu
New Member
Hello! Congrats to any accepted students or to anyone waiting to hear back! Is there any group chat with admitted students for this cycle yet? On AMP it has a link for the incoming class facebook group, but thats for last years, i dont think there is one yet for this year, unless anyone else knows of one. Thanks!
For us on 9/23 they said 4-6 weeks, so I am wondering the same thing. Maybe we will hear back in two weeks ish?Interviewed 9/30. Still haven't heard anything yet; does anyone know about how long my turnaround should be? I had thought they said late October during the interview
cheesefries03
Full Member
10/14!What day did you interview?
randal'thor
Full Member
Sounds about right I think. Good luck!For us on 9/23 they said 4-6 weeks, so I am wondering the same thing. Maybe we will hear back in two weeks ish?
D
deleted1223266
Don't know if this helps at all? 2024-2025 Loyola (Stritch) It discusses the continued consideration, which isn't exactly a waitlist just yet, and could still end up being an A? Not sure but I am curious as well...I got continued consideration today 🙁 is that a soft R? have people successfully submitted letters and received As?
undueclearance11
Full Member
Does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips for the interview? Also, did anyone who was accepted after the interview submit a post-interview letter of interest?
D
deleted1223266
I'm also interested about the post-interview letter of interest, interviewed about two weeks ago. Tips for the interview, I can't say, because they were so down to earth that it felt more like a heart to heart conversation than an interview, especially with the faculty. The student interviewer was also super down to earth. One of the students in the student panel told me was that the post-interview acceptance rate is quite high, something like 80% or something, so the interview is lower stakes - they just want to confirm you are a right fit for the school. So it is a matter of being yourself - if they like that, you fit there, if not, you don't 🙂Does anyone who has already interviewed have any tips for the interview? Also, did anyone who was accepted after the interview submit a post-interview letter of interest?
undueclearance11
Full Member
thank you so much! if anyone has input on the post-interview letter of interest please let me know, as well as the timing (how long after the interview you sent it)?I'm also interested about the post-interview letter of interest, interviewed about two weeks ago. Tips for the interview, I can't say, because they were so down to earth that it felt more like a heart to heart conversation than an interview, especially with the faculty. The student interviewer was also super down to earth. One of the students in the student panel told me was that the post-interview acceptance rate is quite high, something like 80% or something, so the interview is lower stakes - they just want to confirm you are a right fit for the school. So it is a matter of being yourself - if they like that, you fit there, if not, you don't 🙂
supplementalfridge
New Member
thank you so much! if anyone has input on the post-interview letter of interest please let me know, as well as the timing (how long after the interview you sent it)?
Hey! I interviewed on 9/23 and was accepted on 10/15. I sent a post-interview update/interest letter on 10/6. At the end of my interview day they emphasized wanting to hear updates from us, so I tried to send it 2 weeks or so after my interview since they said decisions would take 4-6 weeks.I'm also interested about the post-interview letter of interest, interviewed about two weeks ago. Tips for the interview, I can't say, because they were so down to earth that it felt more like a heart to heart conversation than an interview, especially with the faculty. The student interviewer was also super down to earth. One of the students in the student panel told me was that the post-interview acceptance rate is quite high, something like 80% or something, so the interview is lower stakes - they just want to confirm you are a right fit for the school. So it is a matter of being yourself - if they like that, you fit there, if not, you don't 🙂
undueclearance11
Full Member
Thank you sooo much for answering! I actually sent them an update letter a week before getting my II, so I already shared all the updates I had. Do you think it would be worth sending a post-interview letter of interest that doesn't have updates (besides continuing to get hours in what I said I would)?Hey! I interviewed on 9/23 and was accepted on 10/15. I sent a post-interview update/interest letter on 10/6. At the end of my interview day they emphasized wanting to hear updates from us, so I tried to send it 2 weeks or so after my interview since they said decisions would take 4-6 weeks.
supplementalfridge
New Member
ofc! This is just my opinion, I have no idea what is the correct answer LOL, but it could be good to just thank them for the interview and what you liked about the day. For example, in my letter I said I really liked talking about [...] and I liked learning about [...] and basically emphasized how much the interview day excited me and what specifically I liked about the school / what I would want to be involved in there.Thank you sooo much for answering! I actually sent them an update letter a week before getting my II, so I already shared all the updates I had. Do you think it would be worth sending a post-interview letter of interest that doesn't have updates (besides continuing to get hours in what I said I would)?
D
deleted1223266
I literally had the exact same question! I sent an update letter about a week before my interview invite, but I thought there is nothing left to update them with... Interesting thought. One idea is to share completed hours of anticipated hours. But yeah, it's a bit of a crapshoot. On the one hand, don't want to seem pushy. On the other hand, want to show special interest. It's like dating unfortunately!ofc! This is just my opinion, I have no idea what is the correct answer LOL, but it could be good to just thank them for the interview and what you liked about the day. For example, in my letter I said I really liked talking about [...] and I liked learning about [...] and basically emphasized how much the interview day excited me and what specifically I liked about the school / what I would want to be involved in there.
undueclearance11
Full Member
thanks, this is super helpful!! just to clarify, did you also send a thank you letter right after the interview and say what you liked/learned, then send another update/LOI a few weeks later going into more detail about what you liked about the interview? or did you skip on the initial interview thank you and just include that in the update/LOI? thanks sm again for your help!ofc! This is just my opinion, I have no idea what is the correct answer LOL, but it could be good to just thank them for the interview and what you liked about the day. For example, in my letter I said I really liked talking about [...] and I liked learning about [...] and basically emphasized how much the interview day excited me and what specifically I liked about the school / what I would want to be involved in there.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supplementalfridge
New Member
I sent thank you letters directly to my interviewers the next day, and then a combined update/LOI a few weeks later to the portal. I did not send an update prior to my interview so that was why I kind of combined it.thanks, this is super helpful!! just to clarify, did you also send a thank you letter right after the interview and say what you liked/learned, then send another update/LOI a few weeks later going into more detail about what you liked about the interview? or did you skip on the initial interview thank you and just include that in the update/LOI? thanks sm again for your help!
D
deleted1223266
If we are lucky, next decision batch comes out on Nov 12th I believe. Crossing my fingers for all you future Jessies!
randal'thor
Full Member
+1 oos A! Phone call around 4pm PST. interviewed 9/30
Congrats! Also got the A yesterday! Has your portal been updated with the acceptance info? I got my call around 6 PM PST yesterday+1 oos A! Phone call around 4pm PST. interviewed 9/30
randal'thor
Full Member
not yetCongrats! Also got the A yesterday! Has your portal been updated with the acceptance info? I got my call around 6 PM PST yesterday
Getting a little worried that the portal isn't updated yet (maybe I am being paranoid). Does it usually take time for it to update?not yet
Strive4Gr8ness
New Member
I just did right now! Interviewed 09/04 in-person. LM 70.4Has anyone gotten a continued consideration email lately?
tennis4217
Full Member
Congrats! I wish I was you!First acceptance!
Thank you! I applied last cycle and received zero interview invites, was devastated and grieved for a month, then picked myself up, made the necessary changes, then applied again this cycle. I definitely understand the feeling of being on the other side, so know that you never know what others have done when you find yourself comparing. It does not come easy to any of us. Best wishes to you!Congrats! I wish I was you!
not_houseMD
Full Member
How many interview invites is considered safe?Thank you! I applied last cycle and received zero interview invites, was devastated and grieved for a month, then picked myself up, made the necessary changes, then applied again this cycle. I definitely understand the feeling of being on the other side, so know that you never know what others have done when you find yourself comparing. It does not come easy to any of us. Best wishes to you!
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
In the ye-old era, I heard the following rhyme:How many interview invites is considered safe?
"Interviews of 3, in school you shall be"
No idea if that still stands.
nontradmedic95
35 secondaries submitted, wallet empty.
It's kind of fuzzy, but I'm using MSAR matriculation data for each school as a conservative estimate of their acceptances. Obviously there's WL movement, but say a school has a 20% post interview acceptance rate, and another has 30% rate. That means that the upper end of my chance of being rejected are 80% and 70%. So 0.8*0.7*N3*N4.... eventually, your chance of being rejected from all of them gets low. However, this doesn't account for poor interview skills or other factors that may put you at a disadvantage compared to other candidates. Statistics are for populations, not individuals. Right now, I have 3 interviews. Assuming I'm the average candidate, my chance of matriculating somewhere right now is at least 54%. Again, this doesn't account for WL movement, just the matriculation rate compared to the number of interviews.How many interview invites is considered safe?
There are so many factors that it is a statistic I'm not familiar with. At the same time, even if I knew, I also don't believe it helps your application in any way to ponder this. It would more likely cause more stress than improve your chances of getting accepted.How many interview invites is considered safe?
bubbleguppy7
New Member
hi friend! as another reapplicant, i want to emphasize @rkdwlgh's message and state that everyone's journey is their own. i had 5 IIs last cycle, all of which turned into waitlists, and ended up rejected at all the schools when their classes started. i was devastated but pushed myself through this cycle and was lucky to receive an early A. i didn't have many changes in my app, nor in my interviews. unfortunately, the cycle can be unpredictable. just now that you're not in this alone. we're fighting the good fight :')In the ye-old era, I heard the following rhyme:
"Interviews of 3, in school you shall be"
![]()
No idea if that still stands.
not_houseMD
Full Member
that’s awful I can’t imagine the high’s to subsequent lowshi friend! as another reapplicant, i want to emphasize @rkdwlgh's message and state that everyone's journey is their own. i had 5 IIs last cycle, all of which turned into waitlists, and ended up rejected at all the schools when their classes started. i was devastated but pushed myself through this cycle and was lucky to receive an early A. i didn't have many changes in my app, nor in my interviews. unfortunately, the cycle can be unpredictable. just now that you're not in this alone. we're fighting the good fight :')
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1223266
Unbelievable. What a struggle and suffering! I really feel for all of us applying to medical school, and the tragedy that so many people want to live out a medical profession and are basically constrained by systemic limits.that’s awful I can’t imagine the high’s to subsequent lows
JPace24
Healthcare Finance Bro by Day, Applicant by Night.
May this type of love not find me.Unbelievable. What a struggle and suffering! I really feel for all of us applying to medical school, and the tragedy that so many people want to live out a medical profession and are basically constrained by systemic limits.
undueclearance11
Full Member
For people who have gotten their decision, was the 6 weeks from interview to decision timeline that they give generally accurate or did you hear sooner/later than that?
cheesefries03
Full Member
do we know how often they evaluate for decisions? / when will the next batch be?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K