-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I interviewed on 2/10, No update yet.Anyone get skipped again for decisions this week? 02/11 interview date for reference, received interview 02/3.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called today and they said it should come out second week of AprilHow long did it take those who got accepted to get their financial package? I’m worried if I do get accepted I won’t be able to get financial package before PTE deadline
is this for people waiting for a decision on their app post interview as well?I called today and they said it should come out second week of April
rave-rebel
Full Member
Hi, I'm also a current M1 at Stritch.Thank you so much for this! I was recently admitted to Stritch and absolutely loved it during my interview day. I would say that I am definitely interested in more competitive specialties. So, would you say that Stritch has enough research/opportunities for people interested in more competitive specialties? Also, how do you feel that Stritch prepared you and your classmates for the step exams?
First point: I'd say most, if not all, competitive specialties have ample research opportunities. For example, I know ortho and optho people who have denied projects just cause there are so many. Our match this year was pretty incredible, sending students to some top institutions for some of the most competitive fields (ex: 3 neurosurg matches, 5 derm matches, etc.). The only department I know of that is lacking somewhat in research is derm, just because the department is small/having a lot of turnover, but they are still open to it. Though applying derm is altogether a different ballgame from what I've heard.
Second point: Only an M1, but from what I've heard, Stritch prepares you well for step - they emphasize step material in our classes, and we matched very well this year.
rave-rebel
Full Member
Hi, also an M1 at Stritch currently.Thanks for giving this info! I was wondering if you think having exams that frequently increases stress? overall, do you like that schedule or would you prefer exams less frequently, for example, every 3-4 weeks?
Also, I was wondering how many mandatory sessions there are weekly? are they everyday?
Lastly, do students hang out a lot outside of school/classes or live together as roommates?
Exam schedules do change. For the first semester, they were essentially every 2 weeks like the other student said. Honestly, I preferred this - wayyyy less material to have to review for a single exam, made studying a lot less stressful because you actually had time to go over everything. Second semester, we have been more on the exams every 3-4 schedule. Its fine, but you now have near 25 lectures for a single exam which can be a lot.
Mandatory sessions depend on the class. The first class (molecular and cell bio) is a small group every day for an hour. Honestly, it's a great way to start cause you get to see classmates and meet people. Anatomy lab is also essentially every day, but you can go for 15 minutes and leave if you want. I would not let the mandatory sessions deter you, they get less and less frequent throughout the year.
Yes! We have a lot of social events both with our class and with the M2s, a lot of people live together and go out on the weekends. You will have ample time to do activities outside of school - I have nothing but great things to say about Stritch truly!
Snazzy_iceberg
Full Member
Thank you sm for answering!! I had a couple other qs.Hi, also an M1 at Stritch currently.
Exam schedules do change. For the first semester, they were essentially every 2 weeks like the other student said. Honestly, I preferred this - wayyyy less material to have to review for a single exam, made studying a lot less stressful because you actually had time to go over everything. Second semester, we have been more on the exams every 3-4 schedule. Its fine, but you now have near 25 lectures for a single exam which can be a lot.
Mandatory sessions depend on the class. The first class (molecular and cell bio) is a small group every day for an hour. Honestly, it's a great way to start cause you get to see classmates and meet people. Anatomy lab is also essentially every day, but you can go for 15 minutes and leave if you want. I would not let the mandatory sessions deter you, they get less and less frequent throughout the year.
Yes! We have a lot of social events both with our class and with the M2s, a lot of people live together and go out on the weekends. You will have ample time to do activities outside of school - I have nothing but great things to say about Stritch truly!
- Are exams multiple choice?
- Which, if any, third party resources do most students use? Are exams mostly in-house questions?
Prospectivestudent1212
Full Member
Just got the A!! First time I got a phone call for an A!!
Congratulations! When did you interview and were you on Continuous consideration?Just got the A!! First time I got a phone call for an A!!
1. Exams are all multiple choice. Standard is to match the vibe of step, so a lot of professors wont have "select the wrong choice" (although several exams still had these)Thank you sm for answering!! I had a couple other qs.
- Are exams multiple choice?
- Which, if any, third party resources do most students use? Are exams mostly in-house questions?
2. Like most medical schools, there are plenty of passed-down resources + in-house material. We have a handed down anki deck from multiple different people with different vibes. Honestly depends on the class. First classes like MCBG/BD/SHB (molecular cell bio & genetics, behavior & development, structure of human body/anatomy) was straight anki. The in house resources were kinda mid, some students are improving the old decks and are relatively exhaustive. Other courses like host defense (immuno) and FHB (function of human body/physiology) required self-teaching because anki just isn't it for those kinds of topics. All in all, we have a class drive with a lot of resources that you can pick and choose what works for you. All questions appear to be in-house, but several professors put significant emphasis on writing NBME style questions (due to pushback from earlier classes).
-TL;DR: We have handed down decks from earlier classes, but also we also have the "high-yield drive" that has tons of resources outside of anki. All exams are in-house questions.
pissimalnewbie
New Member
+1 OOS A
Just got off the WL. OOS A!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They do but not sure how they decide. CTE is tomorrow right?Does Loyola offer any Scholarship/Merit Rewards? If so how much? Also could some one point me to the Group me link please.
Since I got acceptance this week, I am given additional one week to decide.They do but not sure how they decide. CTE is tomorrow right?
Are spots still typically offered to applicants on the waitlist after May 15th?
Not sure if the AMCAS deadlines have changed at all, but back when I went through I was pulled off CC the back half of June.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K