2025-2026 Loyola (Stritch)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people who have gotten their decision, was the 6 weeks from interview to decision timeline that they give generally accurate or did you hear sooner/later than that?
Looking at admit, it seems pretty spiratic. It's been 8 weeks for me currently, and I haven't heard anything... I guess we will have to wait and see. Good luck to you!
 
Does anyone have insight into the range of merit scholarships that Loyola Stritch typically offers and how selective the process tends to be? I’m trying to get a clearer sense of what level of funding is common. Thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know how many interviews Loyola sends out?
Seeing conflicting info on Admit (619) vs. MSAR (211 from Oct 2024)?

Also, were there any ethical/MMI type questions during the interviews?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a current M1 attending Stritch and am on the outreach committee where I have participated in several interview days already. If anyone has any questions that are within my scope to answer, I'm available this week/next week to answer questions.
 
I am a current M1 attending Stritch and am on the outreach committee where I have participated in several interview days already. If anyone has any questions that are within my scope to answer, I'm available this week/next week to answer questions.
Hi! Thank you so much for answering questions.
I had a couple questions related to the curriculum/grading.

- does Loyola have internal ranking? if so, can you talk a little bit about that?
- how does the curriculum align with third party resources?
- are exams in house or NBME?
- would you say there are easily accessible research opportunities?
 
- does Loyola have internal ranking? if so, can you talk a little bit about that?
>Yes internal rankings, used for your dean letter at the end of the year. Changes one word on it from excellent to great to satisfactory to bad to whatever. Not overly important, but you learn your position after 2nd year iirc but overall irrelevant
- how does the curriculum align with third party resources?
>Aligns very well with anking, haven't used many others.
- are exams in house or NBME?
>Combined? Definitely not one or the other, stritch is putting a lot of emphasis on step material but they're written by lecturers. Overall pretty USMLE related exam content.
- would you say there are easily accessible research opportunities?
>I was able to get onto several projects within the first block of our curriculum. There are tons of research opportunities in several fields and you be spammed with them to the point youll stop reading them. Stritch is a very good research school.
 
Looking at admit. doesn't look like anyone reported an A who interviewed late November. I doubt the exec committee will meet week of Christmas. I would say they will send out late nov and dec interview As in Jan.
 
>Yes internal rankings, used for your dean letter at the end of the year. Changes one word on it from excellent to great to satisfactory to bad to whatever. Not overly important, but you learn your position after 2nd year iirc but overall irrelevant

>Aligns very well with anking, haven't used many others.

>Combined? Definitely not one or the other, stritch is putting a lot of emphasis on step material but they're written by lecturers. Overall pretty USMLE related exam content.

>I was able to get onto several projects within the first block of our curriculum. There are tons of research opportunities in several fields and you be spammed with them to the point youll stop reading them. Stritch is a very good research school.
Thank you for your answer! I have a couple other questions:

- What is the exam structure like (which days, schedule, how often)?
- How many hours per day do you study? Is there flexibility to make time for social life, family, etc?
- Are lectures mandatory attendance?
 
Last edited:
Does anyone know why Stritch is ranked so low? Seems like a solid program and all of the students there seem to have nothing but good things to say about it
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you for your answer! I have a couple other questions:

- What is the exam structure like (which days, schedule, how often)?
- How many hours per day do you study? Is there flexibility to make time for social life, family, etc?
- Are lectures mandatory attendance?
Exams are frequent. Varies per block, but usually like 2 weeks, morning and afternoon. I study around 4-10 hours a day excluding weekends. You'll find it surprising how much time you have for family/social life. Lectures are not mandatory but there are mandatory sessions like intros, groups, and labs.
Does anyone know why Stritch is ranked so low? Seems like a solid program and all of the students there seem to have nothing but good things to say about it
Stritch doesn't participate in the ranking system. View the PD rank list, iirc it places us T50
 
Exams are frequent. Varies per block, but usually like 2 weeks, morning and afternoon. I study around 4-10 hours a day excluding weekends. You'll find it surprising how much time you have for family/social life. Lectures are not mandatory but there are mandatory sessions like intros, groups, and labs.

Stritch doesn't participate in the ranking system. View the PD rank list, iirc it places us T50
Thank you so much for this! I was recently admitted to Stritch and absolutely loved it during my interview day. I would say that I am definitely interested in more competitive specialties. So, would you say that Stritch has enough research/opportunities for people interested in more competitive specialties? Also, how do you feel that Stritch prepared you and your classmates for the step exams?
 
Thank you so much for this! I was recently admitted to Stritch and absolutely loved it during my interview day. I would say that I am definitely interested in more competitive specialties. So, would you say that Stritch has enough research/opportunities for people interested in more competitive specialties? Also, how do you feel that Stritch prepared you and your classmates for the step exams?
congrats!! Since you were recently admitted, when did you interview? just trying to figure out what interview day they’re up to!
 
I missed a call from the Loyola Medical Center at ~12:30PM CST.... is this it? They didn't leave a voicemail though and haven't received any emails
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Exams are frequent. Varies per block, but usually like 2 weeks, morning and afternoon. I study around 4-10 hours a day excluding weekends. You'll find it surprising how much time you have for family/social life. Lectures are not mandatory but there are mandatory sessions like intros, groups, and labs.

Stritch doesn't participate in the ranking system. View the PD rank list, iirc it places us T50
Thanks for giving this info! I was wondering if you think having exams that frequently increases stress? overall, do you like that schedule or would you prefer exams less frequently, for example, every 3-4 weeks?
Also, I was wondering how many mandatory sessions there are weekly? are they everyday?
Lastly, do students hang out a lot outside of school/classes or live together as roommates?
 
Have any accepted student been able to join the admitted FB group chat? I requested to join a few days ago but haven't been accepted.