You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Meharry
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
g0_dawgs
New Member
The student one is more of a vibe check and an opportunity for you to ask questions, the other two are both open.Any insights into the interview process? is it open or closed?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Holistic? Not when the applicant fits their mission statement and probably has high stats. The funniest thing is that many of these accepted high-stat applicants will ultimately choose and enroll in another medical school over Meharry!Says alot about them as an institution and the fact that they'll break rules for certain people. The requirement is to finish a secondary before getting an interview invite. How can you say your process is holistic (per their website) when you basically skipped a whole process for others. That was some BS excuse and it's nothing against you as a person.
Anyways, I'll suggest you do the Secondaries. Let them know you didn't because of perhaps financial reasons or something. Then submit immediately after your interview so they can have something to judge you based of.
thegranddoc
Full Member
Anyone still waiting for a secondary? Like I don’t even expect to receive one at this point
username16
Full Member
congrats! when was your interview?I just got the A from Meharry 😊
Last edited:
congrats! when was your interview?
Finished my last interview of the 3 interviews on 11/30/2024
soontobemed_
Full Member
congratulations! if you don’t mind sharing, what are your stats?Finished my last interview of the 3 interviews on 11/30/2024
congratulations! if you don’t mind sharing, what are your stats?
511/4.00
soontobemed_
Full Member
awesome! congrats again!511/4.00
Does anyone know the Meharry admissions email address?
futured0ct0rr
Full Member
[email protected]Does anyone know the Meharry admissions email address?
soontobemed_
Full Member
any insight on how current students’ experiences have been at Meharry? Interested in learning more about how the flow of things are and things of that nature
any insight on how current students’ experiences have been at Meharry? Interested in learning more about how the flow of things are and things of that nature
I am not a current student but I think our experience will be different from the current students. My interviewer told me that Meharry is transitioning to Pass/Fail for preclerkship years. Clerkship years will be the H/HP\P\F. Classes will be in the morning with few interactions in the afternoon so that students can pursue extracurricular activities. Big emphasis on early clinical experience with their new mobile clinic starting next year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soontobemed_
Full Member
as far as student support in terms of student well being and overall experience, would you know anything about how current students may feel about how supportive/involved meharry’s faculty is ?I am not a current student but I think our experience will be different from the current students. My interviewer told me that Meharry is transitioning to Pass/Fail for preclerkship years. Clerkship years will be the H/HP\P\F. Classes will be in the morning with few interactions in the afternoon so that students can pursue extracurricular activities. Big emphasis on early clinical experience with their new mobile clinic starting next year.
as far as student support in terms of student well being and overall experience, would you know anything about how current students may feel about how supportive/involved meharry’s faculty is ?
I can’t comment on that apart from what I gathered from my interview and my experience attending HBCU. I know you will be supported by the facility.
username16
Full Member
Is anyone else still waiting to hear back from an October/November interview?
dragon_lord
Full Member
do y'all think meharry will still send out more interview invites or are they mostly done for the application season?
anotherpremed_1
Full Member
i interviewed in november and also still waiting to hear backIs anyone else still waiting to hear back from an October/November interview?
futureobgyny
Full Member
So from what I've gathered on this thread, there is a hard MCAT cutoff? Like they will only interview you if you have a 505+? I got a secondary and I have a 501 so now I'm doubting if it is even worth applying and paying the app fee...
I may be wrong, but I remember also hearing about the cutoff earlier this cycle and how someone got the info from the admissions team. Idk if its 100% true, but I did get rejected about a week after submitting my secondary. My stats were 504 and 3.94 GPA.So from what I've gathered on this thread, there is a hard MCAT cutoff? Like they will only interview you if you have a 505+? I got a secondary and I have a 501 so now I'm doubting if it is even worth applying and paying the app fee...
Wow, I submitted my secondary in September and haven't received absolutely anything. Looks like I've been ghostedI may be wrong, but I remember also hearing about the cutoff earlier this cycle and how someone got the info from the admissions team. Idk if its 100% true, but I did get rejected about a week after submitting my secondary. My stats were 504 and 3.94 GPA.
soontobemed_
Full Member
same. submitted secondary in september and it’s been crickets.Wow, I submitted my secondary in September and haven't received absolutely anything. Looks like I've been ghosted
purpleyurble
Full Member
I also had a score below 505 and they sent me a secondary. They rejected me two weeks later, even before I turned in the secondary, explaining they had a cut off. Personally, I would not turn it in.So from what I've gathered on this thread, there is a hard MCAT cutoff? Like they will only interview you if you have a 505+? I got a secondary and I have a 501 so now I'm doubting if it is even worth applying and paying the app fee...
I want to say they decided the cutoff during the application cycle but who knows really. It's disappointing.
What date did they reach out to you?I also had a score below 505 and they sent me a secondary. They rejected me two weeks later, even before I turned in the secondary, explaining they had a cut off. Personally, I would not turn it in.
I want to say they decided the cutoff during the application cycle but who knows really. It's disappointing.
Interesting! I received my secondary invite 8/5/24 and submitted it 8/22/24 and crickets since then. I guess this explains why 🤪So from what I've gathered on this thread, there is a hard MCAT cutoff? Like they will only interview you if you have a 505+? I got a secondary and I have a 501 so now I'm doubting if it is even worth applying and paying the app fee...
Although didn’t someone get an II BEFORE submitting a secondary earlier in this thread?
This process feels so random sometimes.
Good luck to everyone still hanging in there!
futured0ct0rr
Full Member
Does Meharry accept update letters?
yes, i emailed it to admissions
a PDF?yes, i emailed it to admissions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futured0ct0rr
Full Member
a PDF?
yes mine was a one page PDF
rettus1998
Full Member
didn't receive a secondary yet, applied in July, is it over? lol
WhimsicalRobot
Full Member
didn't receive a secondary yet, applied in July, is it over? lol
+1
SushiSphinx
Full Member
I just got a secondary invitation?? Two days before the submission deadline ..wild. Is it even worth it? Do y'all think there is even a chance I can be interviewed this late?
SushiSphinx
Full Member
Aaah now I'm conflicted. I'll take a look at the questions + fees and see if I think it's worth it. Are you leaning towards submitting it?I’m in the same boat as you. I just got one rn. But especially bc I don’t even meet the 505 cut off. But I got one last year and I did remember the interview very late. So yes I think there’s a chance
If you just got it now… is the submission deadline a thing then?+1 on just now received secondary. I'm OOS and ORM. Open to opinions on whether to submit. I didn't prewrite.
I think so lololIf you just got it now… is the submission deadline a thing then?
Wait what!? Interviewing right before classes start?!?If I can get it done on time and in good quality then yes. They don’t take fee waivers so that’s also something I’ll take into account. But I think yes I might. It seems like you never know what they’ll do or who theylll prioritize so I would do it. As you seen they gave interview out to someone without doing their secondary and last year they gave interviews out like right before school started bc they under enrolled
😩😭😩🫠
SushiSphinx
Full Member
Yeah, I decided I will try to submit mine too! I appreciate all of your encouragement, advice, and insight. Good luck to us! ❤️If I can get it done on time and in good quality then yes. They don’t take fee waivers so that’s also something I’ll take into account. But I think yes I might. It seems like you never know what they’ll do or who theylll prioritize so I would do it. As you seen they gave interview out to someone without doing their secondary and last year they gave interviews out like right before school started bc they under enrolled
WannabeDocMcStuffins
Full Member
Received secondary yesterday as well!
username16
Full Member
Does anyone know when we will hear a decision from Oct/Nov interview? the wait is killing me😭
canvmariz242
New Member
Is it closed for anybody else or is it just me?Does anyone know if the Jan 15th deadline means by Jan 15th at 11:59 p.m.? I assume it does but I’m so nervous that I’m psyching myself out lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah I made an account when I got my secondary invite but now I can't fill in the responses or submit. I was skeptical about getting a secondary invite two days before the deadline anyways. I am having a better-than-expected cycle so I'm taking this as a sign to move on and make my peace lolClosed like it won’t let you start the secondary? Or you can’t submit?
Did you check again? Mine was closed also but then it opened again and allowed me to submit.yeah I made an account when I got my secondary invite but now I can't fill in the responses or submit. I was skeptical about getting a secondary invite two days before the deadline anyways. I am having a better-than-expected cycle so I'm taking this as a sign to move on and make my peace lol
oh shii I'm about to try then. Thank you both!Oh you’re right! Mine just let me open it!
WannabeDocMcStuffins
Full Member
I’m really hope they give us late secondary receivers a chance! Do they pre-screen before sending them out? Because my MCAT score is not around the 505 cut off 😭.