2024-2025 Meharry

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m really hope they give us late secondary receivers a chance! Do they pre-screen before sending them out? Because my MCAT score is not around the 505 cut off [emoji24].

Me too. I’m hoping it’s not just a money grab as I also don’t meet the cut off. It says on MSAR they screen but idk what they base their decision on. This was my favorite school so fingers crossed [emoji1692]
 
anyone know when we should be expecting a II wave? its already mid January and I don't think I;ve seen one from Meharry so far
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too. Especially since folks submitted back in August and their records were apparently not up-to-date. That’s a long time ago.
Actually the more I think about it, the more it makes sense. I’m sure they’ve had plenty of completed applicants since August, but as their records are out-of-date, it seems like they are under the amount of applicants than expected at this point in the cycle. So they send out secondary invites and extend the deadline…
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is wild! Like I was diligent and submitted, like so many others. And they somehow didn’t update their records for months?

I hope they are in a better place now and can get through all the reviews properly and gives us all a fair chance. 🫠 not that we’re desperate for an A or anything 🤪

Good luck y’all!
 
Last edited:
This is wild! Like I was diligent and submitted, like so many others. And they somehow didn’t update their records for months?

I hope they are in a better place now and can get through all the reviews properly and gives us all a fair chance. 🫠 not that we’re desperate for an A or anything 🤪

Good luck y’all!
yeah it’s a little unbelievable to think that they’re record weren’t up to date and it wasn’t realized until now.. but hey what do I know
 
Hmmm I submitted and paid by 8/22/24. So maybe that’s about where they stopped updating? 🤷🏻‍♀️ we’ll never know I guess
 
there were some that got rejected earlier on and a few II sent out.. other than that there hasn’t been much action in the thread at least
 
Hi! Does anyone know what the range of MCAT scores of people who have been accepted this year are? I’m getting anxious since hearing about their strict cut off score
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It’s been over the 3-5 business days they stated it would take to get their records updated. Did anyone get the email that this has been done?
No but I assume it’s going to be a longer cycle than usual for them due to the extension of the secondary deadline. I imagine those applicants who fall within whatever criteria they’ve set are who they want to interview are given preference and those of us who were complete before then will ultimately end up getting the shorter end of the stick. I think it’ll be a matter of stringing applicants along until the class seats are filled.
 
No but I assume it’s going to be a longer cycle than usual for them due to the extension of the secondary deadline. I imagine those applicants who fall within whatever criteria they’ve set are who they want to interview are given preference and those of us who were complete before then will ultimately end up getting the shorter end of the stick. I think it’ll be a matter of stringing applicants along until the class seats are filled.
I mean I’m under the 505 cut off, so I’m just waiting for my R at this point.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad