You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Mercer
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
On the same boat! Complete 7/7. I'm nervous as well.Anyone else super anxious for an II? Been complete since 7/17. Just praying they see something in me!
Same. I check my portal everyday even though I will get an email when I get one lol.Anyone else super anxious for an II? Been complete since 7/17. Just praying they see something in me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GonnaBeFamous
New Member
For anyone who got in: I have the link to the group me!
soexcitedtobehere
New Member
last year it was 60 acceptedanyone have an estimate about how many ed applicants get accepted or denied?
purplegiraffe16
Full Member
for those who have interviewed already!
any general advice on how to best prepare? I have only ever done the mmi format so i'm super nervous. what's the general timeline of interview day? thanks so much!!
any general advice on how to best prepare? I have only ever done the mmi format so i'm super nervous. what's the general timeline of interview day? thanks so much!!
Speezer0809
Full Member
Anyone know if there are certain dates that Mercer releases decisions? (Ex: Once a month on the 3rd Friday) Just wanted to know if I can anticipate a given day rather than thinking it can drop at any moment.
shinyshinygumdrops
Full Member
IS II, Complete mid-July
Congrats! I was complete around the same time as you. Did you get your II invite today?IS II, Complete mid-July
shinyshinygumdrops
Full Member
Congrats! I was complete around the same time as you. Did you get your II invite today?
Hey! Yes, I got it yesterday pretty late in the day
purplegiraffe16
Full Member
does anyone know any info on how soon you can receive a decision after interviewing?
Hey everyone, I'm a current student here at MUSM and would be happy to answer some questions if anyone needs help or reassurance.
I was complete 7/3 and I’m IS 😭😭Anyone else super anxious for an II? Been complete since 7/17. Just praying they see something in me!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm debating whether to send a pre-II letter of intent if I don't hear back by Thanksgiving, but I don't know if that's something people usually do.I was complete 7/3 and I’m IS 😭😭
In my experience, you typically send these after you interview so you can discuss items from your interview that support why you would want to attend that school. November is still very early for Mercer.I'm debating whether to send a pre-II letter of intent if I don't hear back by Thanksgiving, but I don't know if that's something people usually do.
Oh okay, that's good to know. Thanks!In my experience, you typically send these after you interview so you can discuss items from your interview that support why you would want to attend that school. November is still very early for Mercer.
Curious about this as well. Interviewed today and it was a great experience. They unfortunately did not give us a timeline for decisions so now we wait..does anyone know any info on how soon you can receive a decision after interviewing?
Slinginarrows
Full Member
Based off last years post if you are accepted you should hear something on the third Wednesday of December. At the earliest maybe this upcoming Wednesday, but I would think December.
II this morning, complete 7/15
Congrats! What are y'alls LMs if I could ask? Thank you!II this morning as well! Submitted secondaries 8/27
66.5 LMCongrats! What are y'alls LMs if I could ask? Thank you!
Speezer0809
Full Member
You may submit ONE post-interview update letter to the [email protected] email. Must be in PDF format.Anyone know if Mercer accepts update letters? I don't see anywhere to submit one in the portal, or any info on their website
Slinginarrows
Full Member
I really hope we hear something tomorrow! This wait is driving me nuts!
Should've been more specific - can I do a pre-II update?You may submit ONE post-interview update letter to the [email protected] email. Must be in PDF format.
Speezer0809
Full Member
Not from what I’ve heard, no.Should've been more specific - can I do a pre-II update?
I sent one to their email address, and they said they would add it to my file!Should've been more specific - can I do a pre-II update?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Journeytomd2025
New Member
Good luck to anyone waiting to hear back today. Please let us know if you get a call!
So great to hear, thank you sm!I sent one to their email address, and they said they would add it to my file!
theresinbroski
Full Member
Does anyone know the rate that MUSM sends out interview invites throughout the application cycle? For instance, do they send out the bulk of their interview invites early in the cycle, or is it more of a steady trickle sent out from September until January for the RD applicants? CycleTrack really doesn't have many data points on this (not to mention the bias from self-reporting), so I'm curious if anyone here has more insight on the matter. I know previous years show a lot of people posting about receiving II throughout November, but it seems slower this year by comparison. Maybe that's wishful thinking on my part lol.
GApremed29
Full Member
A about an hour ago! Interviewed mid-october.
Journeytomd2025
New Member
When did you interview?A!! Just got the phone call!
emfuturemd
New Member
A at 4:30! Interviewed October 8th!
emfuturemd
New Member
Is there a group me for this upcoming class?
Slinginarrows
Full Member
A at 4:45! Interviewed on 10/31
10/17When did you interview?
topgun1885
New Member
Got the A by phone call at 5:15! Complete 8/6, Interviewed 10/22, LM 67.8
Journeytomd2025
New Member
What does LM mean?Got the A by phone call at 5:15! Complete 8/6, Interviewed 10/22, LM 67.8
topgun1885
New Member
LizzyM score! It’s this forum’s calculator that combines MCAT and GPA into one score for easy reference LizzyM Score Calculator - What are my medical school chances?What does LM mean?
georgiagal
New Member
Did everyone only get phone calls? Or were emails sent too?
topgun1885
New Member
At our interview, they said phone calls don’t really mean anything more, just depends on your interviewer’s availability, but they send out the emails and update the portals the day after (tomorrow).
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
georgiagal
New Member
Thank you!!At our interview, they said phone calls don’t really mean anything more, just depends on your interviewer’s ability, but they send out the emails and update the portals the day after (tomorrow).
Speezer0809
Full Member
Dang, it would suck to be in a situation where you were not called, giving off the impression you weren’t accepted alongside those getting calls in a given month, just to be accepted the next day. Fun little dose of unnecessary emotional roller coaster!At our interview, they said phone calls don’t really mean anything more, just depends on your interviewer’s availability, but they send out the emails and update the portals the day after (tomorrow).
For those that got a call, let us know when you get the email so we can fully chalk up this month.
Last edited:
Slinginarrows
Full Member
Anyone got an email yet?
60.7 with good ECsCongrats! What are y'alls LMs if I could ask? Thank you!
Speezer0809
Full Member
Just got the A! Called at 1:40pm.