-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
robot_soup
Full Member
No way to tell. Personally, I am erring on the side of caution since I have other apps to complete and time is a limited resource for me.do we think their prompts are gonna change? i wanna prewrite but im not sure
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
No way to tell. Personally, I am erring on the side of caution since I have other apps to complete and time is a limited resource for me.
i’m done with all of mine so was thinking about it but i might just take a day or 2 off
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
robot_soup
Full Member
I envy u my friendi’m done with all of mine so was thinking about it but i might just take a day or 2 off
SaitamaWifHair
Full Member
Personally, I just finished all my others and am going to take a day off to enjoy the weekend before trying to finish the app in a day or two. Probably helps though that I have a million essays written from my 37 other 2*i’m done with all of mine so was thinking about it but i might just take a day or 2 off
Did anyone get a secondary yet?we have to remember that its not in their best interest to do too stringent secondary cut offs because they make a lot of money from secondaries
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
This has been asked many times 🙂 I'm sure that the second people get them, they will post here.Did anyone get a secondary yet?
People will let you know when they get them.Did anyone get a secondary yet?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
According to cycletrack, at least 7 applicants got secondaries this cycle, some as early as July 9
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Does the school offer ED? Maybe they are early decision. Surprised no one’s posted on here about receiving oneAccording to cycletrack, at least 7 applicants got secondaries this cycle, some as early as July 9
That’s when we all got the teaser email……According to cycletrack, at least 7 applicants got secondaries this cycle, some as early as July 9
It’s crowdsourced and thus only as reliable as the people putting info into it.According to cycletrack, at least 7 applicants got secondaries this cycle, some as early as July 9
Sakkarai7481
Full Member
Lowkey feel like they are dropping the ball a bit lol...don't really think I'm gonna wanna complete this secondary if I get it after I've completed everything else
D
deleted1151110
easy way to seperate the wheat from the chaff, maybe the wait is a type of screening process 😉Lowkey feel like they are dropping the ball a bit lol...don't really think I'm gonna wanna complete this secondary if I get it after I've completed everything else
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FINALLY
+1 IS Mega school ties secondary received
+1 IS Mega school ties secondary received
I got two emails at the same time- the second email with the secondary+1 OOS for the email. The email did not contain a secondary link to their portal, however like the other comments said, we should receive that <24 hours.
Why are you applying to the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine? In your essay, please provide a response that clearly articulates how you believe our program specifically will enhance your education/training, what you feel you will uniquely contribute to our learning community, and/or what features of our medical school prompted you to apply.
In the space below, please discuss any experiences you may have had serving, working, living, and/or learning in broadly diverse environments that you believe would enable you to thrive in and contribute to our Miller SOM and Greater Miami community. (Optional)
In the space below, we invite you to choose one of our #MedCanes values and discuss how you exemplify that value. -Integrity: Demonstrating honesty and fairness in our words and actions -Collaboration: Working together in teams to achieve common goals -Accountability: Taking ownership and responsibility for our actions and outcomes -Respect: Treating others with dignity and compassion -Excellence: Giving of ourselves in a way that exceeds expectations (Optional)
5000 characters each
@wysdoc
In the space below, please discuss any experiences you may have had serving, working, living, and/or learning in broadly diverse environments that you believe would enable you to thrive in and contribute to our Miller SOM and Greater Miami community. (Optional)
In the space below, we invite you to choose one of our #MedCanes values and discuss how you exemplify that value. -Integrity: Demonstrating honesty and fairness in our words and actions -Collaboration: Working together in teams to achieve common goals -Accountability: Taking ownership and responsibility for our actions and outcomes -Respect: Treating others with dignity and compassion -Excellence: Giving of ourselves in a way that exceeds expectations (Optional)
5000 characters each
@wysdoc
That’s…. It?Why are you applying to the University of Miami Leonard M. Miller School of Medicine? In your essay, please provide a response that clearly articulates how you believe our program specifically will enhance your education/training, what you feel you will uniquely contribute to our learning community, and/or what features of our medical school prompted you to apply.
In the space below, please discuss any experiences you may have had serving, working, living, and/or learning in broadly diverse environments that you believe would enable you to thrive in and contribute to our Miller SOM and Greater Miami community. (Optional)
In the space below, we invite you to choose one of our #MedCanes values and discuss how you exemplify that value. -Integrity: Demonstrating honesty and fairness in our words and actions -Collaboration: Working together in teams to achieve common goals -Accountability: Taking ownership and responsibility for our actions and outcomes -Respect: Treating others with dignity and compassion -Excellence: Giving of ourselves in a way that exceeds expectations (Optional)
5000 characters each
@wysdoc
None of the onslaught of prompts from last year?
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
did anyone not get it yet
Yes 😢did anyone not get it yet
+1 OOS
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
Yes 😢
batches i wonder? i’m OOS
Got it! Haha I just had to refresh my inboxI got two emails at the same time- the second email with the secondary
i am hoping thats the case. im also OOS, whats your LM Score? 70 herebatches i wonder? i’m OOS
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
i am hoping thats the case. im also OOS, whats your LM Score? 70 here
lol exactly the same [emoji24]
Haven’t gotten it yet either. Let’s just be patient!i am hoping thats the case. im also OOS, whats your LM Score? 70 here
WestieFather
New Member
OOS
Just got two emails, one containing the link to the portal.
Just got two emails, one containing the link to the portal.
That's what it looks like. Total bummer because I prewrote everything from last year lmaoThat’s…. It?
None of the onslaught of prompts from last year?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That’s…. It?
None of the onslaught of prompts from last year?
I mean each are 5000 characters so length is still consistent lol
For what it’s worth I heard they are actually filtering primaries for the secondaries, it even says it in the first email they just sent.
Hope y’all get it 🤝
Hope y’all get it 🤝
I feel much better about 3 essays with absurd max limits than 6262737 essays with normal max limits.I mean each are 5000 characters so length is still consistent lol
I feel like using 3,000 out of 5,000 characters is fine. Trying to spend 5,000 characters on a “Why Us” will probably lead to grasping at straws!
I feel much better about 3 essays with absurd max limits than 6262737 essays with normal max limits.
I feel like using 3,000 out of 5,000 characters is fine. Trying to spend 5,000 characters on a “Why Us” will probably lead to grasping at straws!
Very true
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
So glad I didn't prewrite this one...yay for procrastinationThat’s…. It?
None of the onslaught of prompts from last year?
Yes, it's mercifully shorter than it used to be.So glad I didn't prewrite this one...yay for procrastination
Sorry to those of you who pre-wrote the thousands of words going by previous year's questions...
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
+1 OOS
barbiedoc07
Full Member
+1 OOS earlier today!
medicalchic17
Full Member
for the people that have received the secondary, when were you verified?
jrlybob1
Full Member
for the people that have received the secondary, when were you verified?
6/6
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
5/29for the people that have received the secondary, when were you verified?
D
deleted1194381
bro is it true they changed ALL THE PROMPTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
medicalchic17
Full Member
5/29
I was verified wayy later so maybe it is going by batches 🤞🏻
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Are they just filtering based on stats (US citizenship/permanent residency, 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 science GPA, 505 MCAT), or anything elseFor what it’s worth I heard they are actually filtering primaries for the secondaries, it even says it in the first email they just sent.
Hope y’all get it 🤝
no ideaAre they just filtering based on stats (US citizenship/permanent residency, 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 science GPA, 505 MCAT), or anything else
any mstp people receive one yet?
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
No idea they just said “your primary application has successfully cleared our initial review process” but didn’t say what that wasAre they just filtering based on stats (US citizenship/permanent residency, 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 science GPA, 505 MCAT), or anything else