You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Miami (Miller)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
use it as an upper limit and not a requirement5000 char for each prompt is diabolical
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doctorellewoods
Full Member
maybe they waited until after a lot of people are nearing the end of secondaries to send them out to see who has the strength to complete one last one LOL
D
deleted1196843
OOS, Miami is my undergrad and verified on 6/13. Still waiting for secondary!
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Don't forget to save your responses elsewhere. I exited it and didn't submit and now I have to re do an essay I didn't save already.
gorillionare-mindset
New Member
what kind of maniac writes the essay in the portalDon't forget to save your responses elsewhere. I exited it and didn't submit and now I have to re do an essay I didn't save already.
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
Yea I know I know. It was for the family ties to miller, not the real essays.what kind of maniac writes the essay in the portal
No clue. I also submitted and and did not get prompted to pay anythingHas there always been no secondary fee for Miller?
No clue. I also submitted and and did not get prompted to pay anything
Just kidding, there is a link after you submit the secondary that you have to click on. It takes you to another application portal website where it prompts you to pay.Has there always been no secondary fee for Miller?
bold-and-brash-
Full Member
The language on their site is wishy-washy- "UM Miller wiill send Secondary Applications to nearly every applicant who has applied to the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine."Are they just filtering based on stats (US citizenship/permanent residency, 3.7 cGPA, 3.6 science GPA, 505 MCAT), or anything else
(I left in the second i typo in wiill from them hehe)
ColdbrewFanatic
Full Member
+1 OOS Secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
applyingthiscycle
Full Member
I havent, just the original email that said your app was under reviewany mstp people receive one yet?
I havent, just the original email that said your app was under review
Same
applyingthiscycle
Full Member
Maybe the mstp does its own screening process. Not really sureSame
Not answering it. I don't have anything else pressing to say, so I should not answer it. If nothing pops out and comes to mind, probably a good idea to leave it blank, especially given their essays were 5000 characters of space each.How is everyone answering the "anything else" question at the end of the secondary?
BlueBudgie
Full Member
I applied for MD and still haven’t heard anything beyond the initial primary received email :/
Bubbles321
Full Member
+1 OSS
The 5000 characters is INSANE
The 5000 characters is INSANE
averagepremed0101
MD Class of 2029
+1 OOS
gudeggtama
Full Member
+1 OOS!
+1 OOS Verified 6/21
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
+1 oos
2024applicant123435
Full Member
If we apply for the MD/MPH program, are we still considered for the MD only program?
I was wondering this as well since their website says you should be able to mark both md and md/mph, but that isn't an option on the portal where you can just select md or md/mphIf we apply for the MD/MPH program, are we still considered for the MD only program?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
nevermind, looks like they are being nice to us this year with the secondary+1 oos yesterday morning. this is going to be a fun one
youngdumbandbroke
Full Member
I still haven't received one. Primary was verified 7/10Did anyone still not get one🤔
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
is anyone able to access the student orgs on their website? 5k characters for why miami so wanted to touch on some of them but its restricted lol
it'llbeworththewait
Full Member
There was a link on the submission confirmation page that you had to copy and paste into your browser. Here it is: University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine Applicant Portal. You can login using your AMCAS ID and your DOB. Then they will email you a login link every time. This is how you'll pay for the secondary app and check the status of it. Hope this helps!After submitting your secondary, has anyone else been able to access the portal again? They didn't prompt me to pay, and now it wont let me log in. No confirmation of completion either, lol... 😭
Yeah, verified 6/28 here, didn’t receive one yet, we’ll probably get ours on Monday I think they’re sending em out in batches from verified date.
Thank you so much!! I never got the submission confirmation page, it was glitching for me.There was a link on the submission confirmation page that you had to copy and paste into your browser. Here it is: University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine Applicant Portal. You can login using your AMCAS ID and your DOB. Then they will email you a login link every time. This is how you'll pay for the secondary app and check the status of it. Hope this helps!
Looks like it says I still havent submitted. Ill wait a couple days and see if it updates, otherwise ill reach out.
This was super helpful, thank you 🙂
medschool429435
New Member
They're only getting 3000 characters from me tops, I simply do not have that much to say 😂
ninjarules123
Full Member
Hi everyone, for Miami's letters of recommendation requirements, does a Math letter count as a science letter, and are the strict with it?
I know NYMC had a similar policy, but they emailed me to say that I could just move forward with my current letters (Bio and Math), and my app was marked complete.
Also, I really don't have that much experience with Spanish-speaking populations...would that be a major weakness in my application? I plan to say that I will be taking a medical Spanish class this upcoming semester at a community college but I don't know if that will suffice.
I know NYMC had a similar policy, but they emailed me to say that I could just move forward with my current letters (Bio and Math), and my app was marked complete.
Also, I really don't have that much experience with Spanish-speaking populations...would that be a major weakness in my application? I plan to say that I will be taking a medical Spanish class this upcoming semester at a community college but I don't know if that will suffice.
You should contact the admissions team to clarify whether a math letter will fulfill their requirements.Hi everyone, for Miami's letters of recommendation requirements, does a Math letter count as a science letter, and are the strict with it?
I know NYMC had a similar policy, but they emailed me to say that I could just move forward with my current letters (Bio and Math), and my app was marked complete.
Also, I really don't have that much experience with Spanish-speaking populations...would that be a major weakness in my application? I plan to say that I will be taking a medical Spanish class this upcoming semester at a community college but I don't know if that will suffice.
it'llbeworththewait
Full Member
To those who have submitted, how was payment collected? I never got an email or anything afterward. Submitted 8/1/24
It was an unusual process than most schools but here's how!There was a link on the submission confirmation page that you had to copy and paste into your browser. Here it is: University of Miami - Miller School of Medicine Applicant Portal. You can login using your AMCAS ID and your DOB. Then they will email you a login link every time. This is how you'll pay for the secondary app and check the status of it. Hope this helps!
robot_soup
Full Member
Does anyone know if they have a strict 2 week deadline?
I still have not received their secondary but I thought I read that in my pre-writing
(I'm hoping I'm wrong, just want to prepare myself if I'm not 🙂)
I still have not received their secondary but I thought I read that in my pre-writing
(I'm hoping I'm wrong, just want to prepare myself if I'm not 🙂)
Does anyone know if they have a strict 2 week deadline?
I still have not received their secondary but I thought I read that in my pre-writing
(I'm hoping I'm wrong, just want to prepare myself if I'm not 🙂)
no deadline that I see, only “We kindly request that you submit all required documents by January 15th, 2025. We recommend that you submit your most complete and competitive application as early as you are able to.”
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
currychicken
New Member
I still haven’t received the secondary… should I be worried? My stats are good so I don’t know what to think
Iron Man23
M.D. Class of 2029
I think they’ve only sent on 2 days so far. I’m sure a ton will be sent starting Monday this weekI still haven’t received the secondary… should I be worried? My stats are good so I don’t know what to think
anyone else still waiting on the secondary? I got the primary verification email on 7/9..
ribonucleoprotein
Full Member
got a complete + under review email, submitted 8/3