2024-2025 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
as far as I know, we will hear back in December. I believe it says on their website somewhere that if you interviewed before November (someone correct me if i’m wrong), you’ll hear back in December. If you interviewed after that, you’ll hear back in March. that seems to be how last year went too.
Got it- yeah that makes sense thanks! During the interview they said the earliest we can hear back is Oct. 15th (obviously due to AAMC guidelines) but didn't say Dec. explicitly, so just wanted to check.
 
Got it- yeah that makes sense thanks! During the interview they said the earliest we can hear back is Oct. 15th (obviously due to AAMC guidelines) but didn't say Dec. explicitly, so just wanted to check.
yea i remember them saying that too lol but maybe they just mean in general? because historically it has been december and march for UNC like cnmarsbars said. I hope they changed it this year and let us know earlier
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been seeing December everywhere, but I just noticed that in their Overview of Admissions Process on the portal it says, "We will begin offering acceptances in the fall." Any thoughts?
 
I've been seeing December everywhere, but I just noticed that in their Overview of Admissions Process on the portal it says, "We will begin offering acceptances in the fall." Any thoughts?

Can you post a screenshot of where you’re seeing that?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i wonder if they’ve always had the “we will begin releasing acceptances in the fall” in the portal or if that’s specific to this year. esp bc nobody got acceptances until December last year
 
i wonder if they’ve always had the “we will begin releasing acceptances in the fall” in the portal or if that’s specific to this year. esp bc nobody got acceptances until December last year
It's somewhat funny if you look at last year's thread, they were all having the same wonders and questions about December haha.
 
Got an acceptance call yesterday! I was shocked because it is still October. I hope it is not a prank call. No email yet or change in portal but I'm so happy!

Woah! Congrats! Do you mind posting or messaging me when you interviewed?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have any tips or insights for OOS interviewees? I don't have ties to the school but am from a nearby state.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any chance we'll hear today for more acceptances?
I think it's sort of impossible to tell at this point. Most acceptances last year occurred in December, but it looks like they're coming out earlier this cycle. These current acceptances also don't seem to fall on any particular day of the week (at least from what I can tell).
 
I think it's sort of impossible to tell at this point. Most acceptances last year occurred in December, but it looks like they're coming out earlier this cycle. These current acceptances also don't seem to fall on any particular day of the week (at least from what I can tell).
looks like in past years they sent out some either the 1st/2nd week of November. hopefully they change it up this year and celebrate halloween w some A’s 👀
 
FYI, when I got my II it said that interviewing before November 1st means we will find out "by the end of the calendar year" (implying the December release of decisions). I'm very grateful that someone spoke up and asked for clarification on that statement at the end of my interview day. The director of admissions was surprised ("Oh no, does it really say that?") and said that information was wrong.

She clarified that the system they use is having issues this year, and they are back to doing rolling admissions. So we can find out our admissions decisions any time from now to the end of the cycle.
 
FYI, when I got my II it said that interviewing before November 1st means we will find out "by the end of the calendar year" (implying the December release of decisions). I'm very grateful that someone spoke up and asked for clarification on that statement at the end of my interview day. The director of admissions was surprised ("Oh no, does it really say that?") and said that information was wrong.

She clarified that the system they use is having issues this year, and they are back to doing rolling admissions. So we can find out our admissions decisions any time from now to the end of the cycle.
super helpful thanks!! I was wondering why A's were coming in so much earlier than expected