2023-2024 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is anyone willing to call and ask if the class is full?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
same! rang a couple of times but straight to voicemail.
I know some people are still ‘plan to enroll’ and waiting on other schools for waitlist movement, but I believe the number of offers out is the size of the class already

Reactions: 1 users
I know some people are still ‘plan to enroll’ and waiting on other schools for waitlist movement, but I believe the number of offers out is the size of the class already
I believe at least 35 people have been pulled from the WL already

I am an IS applicant for the next cycle. I have a 510 MCAT and my goal is UNC Med. Should I retake the mcat?

I am an IS applicant for the next cycle. I have a 510 MCAT and my goal is UNC Med. Should I retake the mcat?
I’m IS and currently on the waitlist here but I regret retaking a 509. It didn’t change meaningfully and went down 2 points the second time. A 510 makes you competitive/ on par with most NC schools except Duke. Just keep doing your activities and engaging with patients and people in your community. Craft your personal statement and application well to fit who you are and you’ll do well.

Reactions: 4 users
If you have the time and energy to do so, then yes it would make you more competitive because the average mcat for in state is 512. However, there are a lot of other parts to your application and if those are strong, it might be okay
Do you think having a 510 makes me uncompetitive? I have a decent GPA and pretty good EC's. I just don't want the MCAT to be the thing that drags me down if I could retake it.

Do you think having a 510 makes me uncompetitive? I have a decent GPA and pretty good EC's. I just don't want the MCAT to be the thing that drags me down if I could retake it.
Not at all. Dude I got in with a 501 how tf does that happen, your MCAT won’t be the reason if you did receive an R

Do we think they’re done
I really wish some kind of official rejection came in, like at this point they have their class mostly sorted out and they 100% know that not everyone left on the waitlist has a chance, so...why not just keep the people they're seriously considering and let the rest of us move on with our lives? I know I'm in a privileged position with an acceptance at another school, but UNC is by far my first choice...With a looming CTE deadline and having to finalize housing, this waitlist experience has been incredibly frustrating.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone been able to call and reach the admissions office to see if they still have open slots to fill with waitlisted students? I know a few people said they were sent to voicemail last week. The FB page only says about 193 members (its not the most accurate) but isn't the expected class size supposed to be about 205-215?

question for those that are reapplicants, did you change your personal statement and activities a ton for your new application? I think I remember reading that UNC compares both your applications so I understand changing it so they aren’t just like “ oh the same thing again” but then I worry do I screw my chances of getting an interview again by changing it too much? Like I have no idea what the happy medium is

Has anyone been able to call and reach the admissions office to see if they still have open slots to fill with waitlisted students? I know a few people said they were sent to voicemail last week. The FB page only says about 193 members (its not the most accurate) but isn't the expected class size supposed to be about 205-215?
still no response today

question for those that are reapplicants, did you change your personal statement and activities a ton for your new application? I think I remember reading that UNC compares both your applications so I understand changing it so they aren’t just like “ oh the same thing again” but then I worry do I screw my chances of getting an interview again by changing it too much? Like I have no idea what the happy medium is

I completely rewrote my application!

I completely rewrote my application!
Same, I completely revamped my personal statement to portray the recent experiences I had undertaken since the last application (everyone is different and you might have a significant experience that will be in both versions of the personal statement) and also rewrote some of my activity sections. My secondary essays were all different prompts too so that had to be rewritten.

Hoping that I get into UNC this week:) it’s my dream and I’m not ready to leave home. In love with the school and people and really hoping to get in before my CTE deadline on Monday

Reactions: 4 users