You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 North Carolina - Chapel Hill
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
futuresurg629
New Member
Nah, hopefully this or next week for those who interviewed end of Septany A’s today?
doctornugget
Full Member
For mine last week, there was a check-in and a little meet-and-greet with everyone where we exchanged facts about ourselves. The initial schedule had said there would be a welcome from the dean, but they just sent us straight to lunch instead. I had a traditional interview with a faculty member, then a small group interview, then a 6-station MMI before a brief (and I mean very brief) send-off and Q&ADoes anyone have insight on how the interviews are structured? I know it is a MMI but is there a station that is a traditional interview too? Thanks!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seems like UNC has gone kinda silent this week 😔
yeah wonder when the rest of the 9/30 interviewees will hear back 😢
futuredactar
Full Member
Do y’all think we’ll hear something this week? They were awfully silent last week smh
no idea. apparently UNC works in mysterious ways ✨ my gut feeling is that (not founded on any evidence) the next major wave will be first week of DecemberDo y’all think we’ll hear something this week? They were awfully silent last week smh
PlantsRCool
Full Member
Have they sent out any post-II rejections?
futuredactar
Full Member
I haven’t heard of anything yetHave they sent out any post-II rejections?
saw one rejection on cycle track today
this is just an educated guess but UNC had an interview day today and 11/14 and will have another 12/5. There is likely substantial prep organizing those dates etc. I would assume they are busy. An A could be anytime between now to like july or whenever it starts.
futuredactar
Full Member
I thought they interviewed every Thursday and Monday?this is just an educated guess but UNC had an interview day today and 11/14 and will have another 12/5. There is likely substantial prep organizing those dates etc. I would assume they are busy. An A could be anytime between now to like july or whenever it starts.
I interviewed 11/14 but avialable dates were today (11/18) and dec 5th. i have a friend who interviewed today. i dont think there as much method to any of this as one would assume. but also i think that works in everyones favor in the sense that no news is good news.I thought they interviewed every Thursday and Monday?
kacey
Full Member
i just got an IS II and I completed in August!is it likely there's still a chance for IS II for those complete in july? getting really nervous...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
GoofyGoober2
Full Member
IS II complete 7/18 LM 77is it likely there's still a chance for IS II for those complete in july? getting really nervous...
curlydoctor
Full Member
IS II today, complete 7/17, LM 83
PREMED4LIFE22
Full Member
IS II today as well, LM 81. Complete 8/2
IS II today!! complete 8/15 LM 70
coasttocoast408
Full Member
IS II! Complete 8/19 LM 62
gallifreystands
Full Member
IS II! Complete 9/20, LM 73
gallifreystands
Full Member
Earliest I saw was 1/30, and then one in early Feb.Is everyone else only seeing options for February?
NorthRelief
New Member
How was the interview experience here?
It felt very laid back and conversational for me. I enjoyed it a lot bc I hate when interviews are stiff and intense.How was the interview experience here?
D
deleted1043440
I loved the MMI (mostly had students). The group interview was fine, but a little awkward. The traditional interview was a little impersonal since its closed file - so lots of "standard" questions.How was the interview experience here?
airport
Full Member
I enjoyed it but it was tiring just because they have all the interview types. MMIs were my favorite because the think time was helpful, although I had a roleplay MMI and it felt a bit unnatural. I don't want to say too much but the actor was not portraying a patient, and at some point they told me "No offense, but [light insult]" and it just took me so off guard and I reflexively laughed. The traditional felt short and because it was closed file, it didn't feel particularly productive if that makes sense. For example, they asked about an extracurricular area that I never participated in. It was very relaxed and conversational, but I wasn't sure if it made sense to talk about myself without the context of what I shared in my primary/secondary, so it felt like a lot of catching them up on who I was. The group activity was very chill in my opinion, but maybe I got lucky because my groupmates were very relaxed and friendly.How was the interview experience here?
D
deleted1043440
Have they started sending out rejections?
Per CycleTrack, it looks like they started coming out the first week of December last year.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
seems some people have already gotten R’s per cycle track
applyingthiscycle
Full Member
anyone got any intel on whether or not the MD-PhD program has stopped sending interview invites? Hard to tell if the last wave of interview invites is over based on cycletrack...
hopefully not haha my partner is applying MD PhD and has not heard anything back yetanyone got any intel on whether or not the MD-PhD program has stopped sending interview invites? Hard to tell if the last wave of interview invites is over based on cycletrack...
spideygirl
New Member
OOS II, complete 7/29!
curlydoctor
Full Member
What should I expect during the group interview?
just_a_bagel
Full Member
interviewed 9/9 and driving myself crazy not knowing when i'm going to hear back 😝
We’re all on the edge of our seats 😭😭😭
Not yet. But does anyone know how much the deposit will cost? Not to jump the gun..
nope interviewed 9/30 and haven’t heard backHas anyone got any acceptance from UNC! interviewed on 09/12 but not heard back
interviewed 9/26 and haven’t heard backHas anyone got any acceptance from UNC! interviewed on 09/12 but not heard back
D
deleted1043440
If you’re asking has anyone gotten acceptance this cycle, yes some people on here have reported acceptances. They seem to very high stat individuals though. I anticipate the October-November interviewees will hear back by the end of this month.
Last edited by a moderator:
Pacaketurtle
Full Member
So do we still think the admissions system is broke and it’s random rolling admissions or we think that interviewees before mid November should find out sometime next week like all previous year?
During my nov 14 interview they said everyone will be notified of their current status (A, R, continued review) by the end of december. Same was told to friend who interviewed nov 18th. they have another interview date set for tmw so i would not anticipate any news til at least after that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1043440
During my nov interview they said everyone will be notified of their current status (A, R, continued review) by the end of december. Same was told to friend who interviewed nov . they have another interview date set for tmw so i would not anticipate any news til at least after that.
Is “continued review” like a soft waitlist?
Last edited by a moderator:
Pacaketurtle
Full Member
During my nov 14 interview they said everyone will be notified of their current status (A, R, continued review) by the end of december. Same was told to friend who interviewed nov 18th. they have another interview date set for tmw so i would not anticipate any news til at least after
Based on previous year threads, I don’t think so. There were continued review people that got accepted from January through March if I remember correctlyIs “continued review” like a soft waitlist?
GoofyGoober2
Full Member
At my interview yesterday they stated everyone would get a decision or a "under review" email before the end of December. Even our interview cohort. That said I think there's an interview date on December 12th so I wouldn't expect anything till after that - most likely later given they're trying to get decisions for everyone that's interviewed this year.
Not yet. But does anyone know how much the deposit will cost? Not to jump the gu