2024-2025 North Carolina - Chapel Hill

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So are people thinking this was the only acceptance date? Because in the 2019-2020, the Tuesdays also fell on the 10th and 17th and a lot of people got decisions the second week but I don’t wanna get my hopes up
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just got an acceptance email while on the highway LOL & the title says "acceptance letter" 😭😭😭 I was so convinced that I got R or waitlisted after hearing so many folks getting calls but do not lose hope y'all!! interviewed 10/21
 
just got an acceptance email while on the highway LOL & the title says "acceptance letter" 😭😭😭 I was so convinced that I got R or waitlisted after hearing so many folks getting calls but do not lose hope y'all!! interviewed 10/21
Congratulations!! IS or OOS?
 
Received a call yesterday but got the official email acceptance letter an hour ago.
Apparently they are having trouble with the deposit website but will check my portal when I get home
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are we expecting some rejections to come out today? It looks like last year they came out around this time. Interviewed 9/19 and still trying to keep my hope alive, but it would be nice to know :/
 
Are we expecting some rejections to come out today? It looks like last year they came out around this time. Interviewed 9/19 and still trying to keep my hope alive, but it would be nice to know :/
I checked and last year the rejections that came out after the acceptances were all Pre-II Rs. Like most schools, I think the people who didn't get A's will not be rejected. Instead, we will go to Continued Review (at UNC it seems they don't do WL until near the end of the cycle). There are always some rejections after interviews too, but I think that's rare unless something went wildly wrong. So for those of us who haven't heard anything, we can probably expected a CR email in the coming days.
 
futuresurg[emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]] said:
they hate us peeps who interviewed in september

Maybe they’re working backwards from most recent to oldest. (Idk I’m just coping)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone explain why they send out acceptances first and wait on the Rs and WLs (continued review?)? Why make us suffer even more by compounding bad news with multiple days of hopelessness?

I imagine that they have some sort of bracket system where we are constantly compared against one another. As we progress through the bracket we get accepted, but if we don’t progress through we eventually get the denial or waitlist.
 
I imagine that they have some sort of bracket system where we are constantly compared against one another. As we progress through the bracket we get accepted, but if we don’t progress through we eventually get the denial or waitlist.

If that’s actually how it’s done:

Awesome. I’m glad that a top medical school takes the March Madness approach to deciding our fate. Hopefully there’s a losers bracket.