You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Oakland (Beaumont) OUWB
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congrats!!Omg IS A!!![emoji322][emoji322][emoji3060][emoji3060]
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
When did you interview??Omg IS A!!![emoji322][emoji322][emoji3060][emoji3060]
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
strawberry32
Full Member
When did you interview??
10/18!
freezyqueen1432
Full Member
Are there particular days where decisions go out, or is it more random? Getting to 4 weeks since I interviewed but they made it seem like would’ve heard back by now 😪
Try 10 weeks 🙁 (interviewed 09/27).Are there particular days where decisions go out, or is it more random? Getting to 4 weeks since I interviewed but they made it seem like would’ve heard back by now 😪
Last edited:
cookietartie
New Member
That’s nothing, I interviewed 8/23 and haven’t heard back yetAre there particular days where decisions go out, or is it more random? Getting to 4 weeks since I interviewed but they made it seem like would’ve heard back by now 😪
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
So if we don't hear anything back after the 8 week mark since they said 4-8 weeks, should we reach out via email?? I interviewed 10/18 and I still did not hear back.
dazed&confused24
Full Member
So if we don't hear anything back after the 8 week mark since they said 4-8 weeks, should we reach out via email?? I interviewed 10/18 and I still did not hear back.
This was the advice I got when I asked, also interviewed quite early and have heard nothing.I think it's fine to GIVE them an update about something new you are doing or, if you haven't done it, why you like their school so much.
I don't think it's good to ASK THEM for an update, that's essentially asking them, "well, are you going to admit me or not/" or "what's taking you so long?"
freezyqueen1432
Full Member
iirc from my interview they said 2-4 weeks LOL…sorely mistaken i supposeThat’s nothing, I interviewed 8/23 and haven’t heard back yet
aglewis444
New Member
Just wanted to push this again for any new accepted students!Hey everyone! Current OUWB M1 here.
Congratulations to the newly accepted members of the Class of 2029! Get started meeting your fellow classmates through this groupme chat! Note that this is a totally informal group just to meet everyone.
GroupMe
groupme.com
I am one of the four Class Senators for the Class of 2028, and will be representing your Class of 2029 until you elect your own officers in October! So feel free to post any questions you have in this GroupMe above or also here in this formu, but I have added the other Senators and other students in the class above you all to this GroupMe as well so that anyone can ask questions to them directly and also allow you to meet some of your fellow classmates!
Have a wonderful Holiday season and Happy New Year!
majesticman
Full Member
IS WL interviewed 9/20
premedmichigan11
Full Member
Does anyone know if OU usually has a lot of WL movement?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
majesticman
Full Member
they said in my interview "don't panic if your decision is WL. We historically do pull from our waitlist" Not sure how much movement that actually means. Hopefully a lot lolDoes anyone know if OU usually has a lot of WL movement?
HalTheHalibut
Full Member
Rejoice with me, for I have received a summoning to interview at the venerable Oakland University! My heart doth leap with joy as I ready myself for this noble quest to pursue the path of the healer.
Should any who read this missive have trodden this path ere now, pray, share thy counsel so that I might stand as steadfast as a fish of yore, finned with knowledge and resolve. May thee all ride the tides of fortune!
With fervent anticipation,
HalTheHalibut
Should any who read this missive have trodden this path ere now, pray, share thy counsel so that I might stand as steadfast as a fish of yore, finned with knowledge and resolve. May thee all ride the tides of fortune!
With fervent anticipation,
HalTheHalibut
D
deleted1177773
When were you complete?IS II today, LM 68
7/29When were you complete?
dominoes1207
Full Member
+1 OOS A!
freezyqueen1432
Full Member
+1 OOS A!! got the call and almost crashed my car 😭
strawberry32
Full Member
Is the Facebook group showing on anyone’s portal yet?
Nothing on my end.Is the Facebook group showing on anyone’s portal yet?
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
ok they have already let in 114...and the class size is 125....do they let in more poeple or are there only 11 seats left?
also does anyone know the # of people they WL and the # of those people who get accecpted?
also does anyone know the # of people they WL and the # of those people who get accecpted?
They will admit more than their class size, as they know many students they accept will ultimately choose to attend a different institution.ok they have already let in 114...and the class size is 125....do they let in more poeple or are there only 11 seats left?
also does anyone know the # of people they WL and the # of those people who get accecpted?
View attachment 396603
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
how many more than their class size do they admit?They will admit more than their class size, as they know many students they accept will ultimately choose to attend a different institution.
any idea of # WL to # from WL accecpted?
premedmichigan11
Full Member
how many more than their class size do they admit?
any idea of # WL to # from WL accecpted?
I think they offer about 300 admissions
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Any idea how many people get waitlisted and how many get accepted from the waitlist?
I got my background check email this morningDid anyone who got accepted more recently get the option to do the background check yet?
strawberry32
Full Member
I was accepted 12/5 and haven’t yetDid anyone who got accepted more recently get the option to do the background check yet?
Got it for other schools. Seems like they are starting to send them out!Did anyone who got accepted more recently get the option to do the background check yet?
shawarma123
New Member
can anyone give some insight about what interview 1 and interview 2 then interview 1 or 2 on the schedule means? are they both traditional interview or is there an MMI aspect? also what does the interview 1 or 2 mean on the schedule? i must be missing something lol
D
deleted1193601
two traditional interviews - no MMIcan anyone give some insight about what interview 1 and interview 2 then interview 1 or 2 on the schedule means? are they both traditional interview or is there an MMI aspect? also what does the interview 1 or 2 mean on the schedule? i must be missing something lol
bigfoot36487
Full Member
Is it worth sending a letter of interest if I haven’t heard anything yet?
Is it worth sending a letter of interest if I haven’t heard anything yet?
Might as well
strawberry32
Full Member
Ok sounds good, thank you all! I was accepted on 12/19/24 so I just wanted to make sure.
Just got the background check email!
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
how long does it usually take to hear back post interview?
prayinforanA
Full Member
I was told 6-8 weeks, I am at 7 weeks today and nothing yet
wackertwiddle54129
Full Member
Haven't heard anything from them; does anybody know if they still have interview spots open/if they're considering applicants?
D
deleted1193601
I was told 6-8 weeks, I am at 7 weeks today and nothing yet
same here
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Haven't heard anything from them; does anybody know if they still have interview spots open/if they're considering applicants?
They have an admissions tracker on their website, there’s like [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]]interviews sent out already and I think they usually send [emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji6[emoji640][emoji637]]]]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]][emoji[emoji638][emoji639][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]][emoji[emoji6[emoji640][emoji638]][emoji640][emoji640]]]
prayinforanA
Full Member
OOS WL today. hope there is some movement
D
deleted1193601
+1 OOS waitlist 🙁 so bummed - i love this school
If you don't mind sharing, when did you interview?OOS WL today. hope there is some movement
when did you interview?+1 OOS waitlist 🙁 so bummed - i love this school