You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Oakland (Beaumont) OUWB
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SPIDEY_Senses
Full Member
OOS applicant that sent 2Dary 7/12. I have not heard a single thing, will probably send an update letter.
D
deleted1201436
That’s what I did last week. 3 days later I got an ii. Never hurts to try especially with the cycle coming to end. After all, we did spend lots of money on apps.OOS applicant that sent 2Dary 7/12. I have not heard a single thing, will probably send an update letter.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1201436
That’s what I’m also wondering. It says my interview start time is at 11:20 AM ET but in the agenda they sent it shows 10 AM ET.Hey guys, idk if I am just being dumb, but I just got the email about the interview information (a week out) and the time at the top doesn't match the attached agenda and then the D&I session dates listed are not "the evening before my interview". They put in the email they will send info on my specific interview times the day prior, so did you all receive an accurate/edited agenda then?
Yeah mine does too. I’ll send an email to them for clarification and report back 🫡That’s what I’m also wondering. It says my interview start time is at 11:20 AM ET but in the agenda they sent it shows 10 AM ET.
lebronto123
New Member
how many acceptences did this school give out last year?
That’s what I’m also wondering. It says my interview start time is at 11:20 AM ET but in the agenda they sent it shows 10 AM ET.
Yeah mine does too. I’ll send an email to them for clarification and report back 🫡
Hey guys, idk if I am just being dumb, but I just got the email about the interview information (a week out) and the time at the top doesn't match the attached agenda and then the D&I session dates listed are not "the evening before my interview". They put in the email they will send info on my specific interview times the day prior, so did you all receive an accurate/edited agenda then?
Got a reply! Sign in at the time they told you (mine is 11:20am too) and the day will conclude at 3pm. The D&I pre-chat will only be provided on the dates listed in the email NOT necessarily the day before (it isn't offered the day before my interview). So my guess is we fully ignore that linked out documents and defer instead to the text of the email. Hope this helps other people!
Im assuming they are done sending II
altruistictwo
New Member
Does anyone know if the interview times next to our interviewers names listed on the applicant portal are in EST?
Should be EST. But since the email’s start time is (at least for me) earlier than the interview times listed I assume they would clarify then if necessary! Plus the email does specify EST so that at least should be 100% accurate 🙂Does anyone know if the interview times next to our interviewers names listed on the applicant portal are in EST?
Now I just got an email saying log in at 10am... so confusing... I guess I'll log in for that start time and see what happens.Got a reply! Sign in at the time they told you (mine is 11:20am too) and the day will conclude at 3pm. The D&I pre-chat will only be provided on the dates listed in the email NOT necessarily the day before (it isn't offered the day before my interview). So my guess is we fully ignore that linked out documents and defer instead to the text of the email. Hope this helps other people!
Future Dr. Hopefully
Full Member
Any waitlist movement??
Anyone have any idea for turnaround time for recent interviewees (interviewed friday)? Hoping maybe it’ll speed up since it’s near the end of the cycle but they didn’t really say anything about how long it would take and I was too afraid to be the one to ask lol. Maybe someone’s individual interviewer said something…?
D
deleted1201436
I'm also wondering the same. Just interviewed yesterday and they mentioned something about 2 weeks from now. Never gave an exact date (was also shy to ask lol)Anyone have any idea for turnaround time for recent interviewees (interviewed friday)? Hoping maybe it’ll speed up since it’s near the end of the cycle but they didn’t really say anything about how long it would take and I was too afraid to be the one to ask lol. Maybe someone’s individual interviewer said something…A
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
got an OOS II within the last few days, I am curious if we are just interviewing for the waitlist now ?!?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! They didn't state that we were interviewing for a WL spot at my interview on Friday and I doubt that we are tbh. Maybe thats wishful thinking, but last cycle they interviewed this late and admitted people March 20th which is before the WL gets tiered. Plus other "WL" have already been pulled off the WL and given acceptances recently.got an OOS II within the last few days, I am curious if we are just interviewing for the waitlist now ?!?
Also just my opinion, but they had great vibes at my interview and idk, I am just not pegging them as a shady school that doesn't disclose if you are interviewing for a WL position only (some other schools I may be more sus about lol).
musiclover17
New Member
+1 IS A!!! JUST GOT THE CALL!! MY FIRST MD A !!
OMG! Congrats!!!! When did you interview??+1 IS A!!! JUST GOT THE CALL!! MY FIRST MD A !!
musiclover17
New Member
Interviewed on 12/13 !!OMG! Congrats!!!! When did you interview??
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
same lol- we shall seeperfect! thank you. My interview is 3/13 so im hoping that i will be actually interviewing for a spot
perfect! thank you. My interview is 3/13 so im hoping that i will be actually interviewing for a spot
PLEASE do not take this the wrong way but did you mean to reply to yourself 🤣 Bc I feel like accidentally doing that is fully where I am at in the cycle mentally toosame lol- we shall see
Any point in sending an update letter or letter of interest here at this point? I had new publications to add, but idek if its worth it judging by how they said they end the interview szn in early March.
Pushing the groupme for anyone that recently got admitted!GroupMe
groupme.com
Just pushing the accepted student's groupme again!
If it doesn’t take much effort, then there isn’t much to lose by shooting your shot, but I wouldn’t get my hopes up personally.Any point in sending an update letter or letter of interest here at this point? I had new publications to add, but idek if its worth it judging by how they said they end the interview szn in early March.
However, I will say I am quite confident this school actually DOES care about updates since I got my interview within days of submitting a second one (included publication, new volunteering, course I enrolled in—I’m kinda non trad, and new planned shadowing). Doesn’t hurt to try, but odds are likely slim based off of the 500 interviews they say they give and the website being at 472 almost a month ago (pre my interview invite and multiple others in this thread) so they are likely getting extremely close to the cap if not already at it.
I know financial aid has not come out yet but does OUWB generally match financial aid? I got a scholarship for 20K a year at another school that is the same price as OUWB before aid. Is it better to ask them to match it, wait for financial aid to come back, or just mention I got a scholarship and not the amount in case they give me more money? Also, is this a bad idea to ask since I was not a crazy competitive applicant but did get a fast turnaround from interview to acceptance (under 3 weeks)?
definitely advocate for yourself and ask to match! although i personally would wait to hear back about what OUWB offers first (who knows, it may be more!)I know financial aid has not come out yet but does OUWB generally match financial aid? I got a scholarship for 20K a year at another school that is the same price as OUWB before aid. Is it better to ask them to match it, wait for financial aid to come back, or just mention I got a scholarship and not the amount in case they give me more money? Also, is this a bad idea to ask since I was not a crazy competitive applicant but did get a fast turnaround from interview to acceptance (under 3 weeks)?
Does anyone know the next admissions meeting or how often they meet? I've tried to read through these comments to get an understanding but it seems sort of sporadic. They said at my interview it might be 6 weeks until I hear back but it seems like they're rolling out faster this spring
What date was your interview? From what I have seen they seem to release acceptances via phone calls on Thursdays, but people have reported WL random dates (I assume via email)... I was told by an interviewer vaguely (2/28) "we are meeting tonight to discuss you and will hopefully have decisions within a few weeks" (I didn't ask, he just said that unprompted). I am not sure if maybe they meet each interview day and discuss while its fresh but don't actually make final decisions to be released that time...Does anyone know the next admissions meeting or how often they meet? I've tried to read through these comments to get an understanding but it seems sort of sporadic. They said at my interview it might be 6 weeks until I hear back but it seems like they're rolling out faster this spring
I also neurotically looked through recent decisions and someone recently waited only 12 days for an A, but some people waited months + some were As from WL recently so who knows... my hypothesis (and wishful thinking) is the earliest we would hear is 2/13 (unless you interviewed this week... then probs not), and if not then, I am hoping 2/20 (was a release date around that time last year via cycletrack).
I would hope we at least should know by second look April 15-16
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
PLEASEEE I THOUGHT THAT WAS A DIFFERNT PERSON- i am so donePLEASE do not take this the wrong way but did you mean to reply to yourself 🤣 Bc I feel like accidentally doing that is fully where I am at in the cycle mentally too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you!!! Yes, they definitely stuck with vague info around the decisions timeline during my interview day. Hopefully we won't have to wait too long 🙂What date was your interview? From what I have seen they seem to release acceptances via phone calls on Thursdays, but people have reported WL random dates (I assume via email)... I was told by an interviewer vaguely (2/28) "we are meeting tonight to discuss you and will hopefully have decisions within a few weeks" (I didn't ask, he just said that unprompted). I am not sure if maybe they meet each interview day and discuss while its fresh but don't actually make final decisions to be released that time...
I also neurotically looked through recent decisions and someone recently waited only 12 days for an A, but some people waited months + some were As from WL recently so who knows... my hypothesis (and wishful thinking) is the earliest we would hear is 2/13 (unless you interviewed this week... then probs not), and if not then, I am hoping 2/20 (was a release date around that time last year via cycletrack).
I would hope we at least should know by second look April 15-16
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
anyone been accepted after being on the AL?
D
deleted1193601
i was WL in january and accepted off it late februaryanyone been accepted after being on the AL?
modernfamilyluver
Full Member
oh damn congrats! what did u do if anything to get off?i was WL in january and accepted off it late february
D
deleted1193601
i didnt do anything, never sent anything afterward aside from thank yous after my interviewsoh damn congrats! what did u do if anything to get off?
D
deleted1201436
Anyone part of the March 3rd interview cohort know when we will hear back? They never really gave a date. How far after did everyone hear some sort of an update to their apps after their interviews?
D
deleted1193601
my faculty interviewer had a TON of tech issues and was giving me no response to my answers rlly so id say yes it was hard to connect with her. but my student was amazing!!!did anyone have a negative experince with the interviews? More so that their interviewer was very hard to connect to and gave no energy back or the length of the day in general
You had a student?? So interesting... I loved both my interviewers (one professor and one admin person) and had a wonderful interview day experience.my faculty interviewer had a TON of tech issues and was giving me no response to my answers rlly so id say yes it was hard to connect with her. but my student was amazing!!!
catlover222
Full Member
Does anyone know when merit and need-based scholarships are sent out? and is there anything we need to do prior to that in order to be considered for them besides filling out FASFA?
D
deleted1193601
i'm assuming beginning of april, around the time of second look. and I believe fafsa is all we need to do! haven't seen anything about cssDoes anyone know when merit and need-based scholarships are sent out? and is there anything we need to do prior to that in order to be considered for them besides filling out FASFA?
MWolverine2023
New Member
Interview date? congrats+1 OOS A by phone call
D
deleted1193601
has anyone been able to register for second look with the portal page or is it broken for other people too
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
strawberry32
Full Member
has anyone been able to register for second look with the portal page or is it broken for other people too
Mine is broken also
D
deleted1201436
Anyone from the March interview cohort hear anything yet?
TheQuibblerClinician
Full Member
noAnyone from the March interview cohort hear anything yet?
D
deleted1201436
Yeah I'm really hoping its sometime soon