You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Rutgers (New Jersey)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
It was late ~9:45 pm. I was surprisedcongrats! what time did the call come in?
We're cooked PaulAnyone else interview in late September LOL and dean's session in mid October and hasn't heard anything back lol. Imma assume waitlist or rejection by now lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
Did anyone submit a LOI/update and hear back after? And did anyone get notified about being waitlisted yet? I wish they would just keep us updated even if we are rejected/waitlisted post ii. It’s been months… I feel like we’re just being kept in a limbo
DukeOfArrakis
New Member
Is there even a point of an LOI before we even know if we have been waitlisted or rejected lol? I might send something if they officially let me know I have been waitlistedDid anyone submit a LOI/update and hear back after? And did anyone get notified about being waitlisted yet? I wish they would just keep us updated even if we are rejected/waitlisted post ii. It’s been months… I feel like we’re just being kept in a limbo
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
Has anyone who had a student interview 2 months out from their faculty interview been accepted yet? Wondering if my delay in receiving a student interview delayed my app being re-reviewed after my interview.
Same thing happened to me - had my faculty interview in mid-October and my student interview in mid-December. I haven't heard anything yet either, telling myself you're right lolHas anyone who had a student interview 2 months out from their faculty interview been accepted yet? Wondering if my delay in receiving a student interview delayed my app being re-reviewed after my interview.
seaborn_0808
Full Member
What is the student interview request?
exact same situationAnyone else interview in late September LOL and dean's session in mid October and hasn't heard anything back lol. Imma assume waitlist or rejection by now lol
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
I hope they send more acceptances out today and review apps from before that they might’ve skipped! [emoji1696]
I've just accepted that its probably a WL/R at this point. Sad too I really hit it off with my interviewer and thought it went super well. alas this process is a ****show and honestly just feels like playing a slot machine waiting to hit a jackpotI hope they send more acceptances out today and review apps from before that they might’ve skipped! [emoji1696]
lostinthemaze
Full Member
I'm coming up on 12 weeks from my deans session now. if i dont hear anything by then do we think its worth reaching out to the admissions office and seeing whats up
hooddoctor
New Member
I just got a call to do an optional student interview (did my actual interview yesterday) but I was busy and couldn’t do it. The lady said that it has no bearing on the application whatsoever. Can anyone help explain why they do the student interview and if it’s offered to everyone?
I think its meant to give you a chance to talk to a current student and ask questions/get to know what people are like.I just got a call to do an optional student interview (did my actual interview yesterday) but I was busy and couldn’t do it. The lady said that it has no bearing on the application whatsoever. Can anyone help explain why they do the student interview and if it’s offered to everyone?
Though I personally I always assume that I'm being evaluated regardless. At the very least if you start acting weird or saying bad things they'll probably let Admissions know.
if it makes you feel better I am 16 weeks post-deans session and also crickets…..I'm coming up on 12 weeks from my deans session now. if i dont hear anything by then do we think its worth reaching out to the admissions office and seeing whats up
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sunsetEnjoyer
New Member
I'm coming up on 18 weeks since my dean session, has anyone had any success contacting the office or emailing them or do we just wait and hope for the best. They are the ones that gave us that timeline of "12 weeks".
doctorellewoods
Full Member
what is the typical turn around time from interview/deans session to decision?
I know it varies a lot but I don't recall them giving us any timeline in my interview or deans session
Thanks!
I know it varies a lot but I don't recall them giving us any timeline in my interview or deans session
Thanks!
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
during my deans session, the dean said it can take UP TO 12 weeks to hear back... not sure if its 12 weeks from interview or deans session but seems like a lot of people had their deans session 12+ weeks ago and havent heard back yetwhat is the typical turn around time from interview/deans session to decision?
I know it varies a lot but I don't recall them giving us any timeline in my interview or deans session
Thanks!
Deans session early october, silence sinceduring my deans session, the dean said it can take UP TO 12 weeks to hear back... not sure if its 12 weeks from interview or deans session but seems like a lot of people had their deans session 12+ weeks ago and havent heard back yet
seaborn_0808
Full Member
Can you do your student interview on a different day than your faculty interview?
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
Has anyone been waitlisted yet?
Deans session in october, haven't heard a word from them in any directionHas anyone been waitlisted yet?
yes! In fact it likely may be a different day because it all depends on student availability.Can you do your student interview on a different day than your faculty interview?
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
I've had a few interviews this cycle that turned into waitlists but NJMS is my top choice. I sent them a LOI before receiving a decision from them and I still haven't heard back 3+ months out from my interview. If I were to reapply this upcoming cycle, I would want to ED to NJMS but in order to know that I need to improve on for my ED reapp and whether I'm competitive for it or not, I kind of need to know where I stand so if I'm not in the running for an acceptance, I can prep for an ED reapp and ask Dean Heinrich if my application is good/stuff i should improve on. Should I reach out to him to explain this situation and how I'd want feedback for my ED application for next cycle if things don't work out here so I can start on that or should I wait?
hittheroad
Full Member
i would def wait. reaching out right now might seem desperate/like you're giving up. if i have learned anything, they really appreciate persistence and tenacity. i would email at the end of the cycle if you still don't hear and keep sending letters for now.I've had a few interviews this cycle that turned into waitlists but NJMS is my top choice. I sent them a LOI before receiving a decision from them and I still haven't heard back 3+ months out from my interview. If I were to reapply this upcoming cycle, I would want to ED to NJMS but in order to know that I need to improve on for my ED reapp and whether I'm competitive for it or not, I kind of need to know where I stand so if I'm not in the running for an acceptance, I can prep for an ED reapp and ask Dean Heinrich if my application is good/stuff i should improve on. Should I reach out to him to explain this situation and how I'd want feedback for my ED application for next cycle if things don't work out here so I can start on that or should I wait?
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
Has anyone been accepted to this school recently? The last reported acceptances were like two weeks ago for interviews in November. I’m wondering when they’re going to get back to us Sept/Oct interviewees with some decisions. I just want to know my decision even if I am waitlisted ugh.
borngiorno
Full Member
august interviewees as the skeleton in the drowning kid/skeleton meme. literally not a peep since august
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Is there any chance however remote that they could be calling old interviewees tonight
eggwlegs
Full Member
With every Sunday that passes, I’m slowly losing hope 🥲Is there any chance however remote that they could be calling old interviewees tonight
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
Any calls tonight/recently? Or are they done for the time being?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lostinthemaze
Full Member
What they told me during my deans session, IIRC, was that they aren't changing anything until they merge with RWJ, which is expected to happen in 2028, and then they will follow RWJ system in terms of pre-reqs and p/f. However, please correct me if I'm not remembering correctlyis it true that njms is p/f starting next year?
is it just for pre clincial or all 4 years
hittheroad
Full Member
when was your deans session?What they told me during my deans session, IIRC, was that they aren't changing anything until they merge with RWJ, which is expected to happen in 2028, and then they will follow RWJ system in terms of pre-reqs and p/f. However, please correct me if I'm not remembering correctly
Hey, current RWJMS student here trying to offer some help. P/F for pre-clinicals might be true because we over here are very adamant about staying P/F for pre-clinicals and fighting for you guys as well. Now after second year, which is clinicals, it is standard practice to have a ranking system, high honors, honors, pass, etc, which is normal for just about every other institution, if I am not wrong.What they told me during my deans session, IIRC, was that they aren't changing anything until they merge with RWJ, which is expected to happen in 2028, and then they will follow RWJ system in terms of pre-reqs and p/f. However, please correct me if I'm not remembering correctly
hittheroad
Full Member
when was yours?In my deans sessions, the students said that first semester will be p/f, then second will be ranked system
meowmix12345
New Member
Friend got a call just now, dean sesh was early november but sent a LOI 2 weeks ago.Any calls tonight/recently? Or are they done for the time being?
truthwarrior
Full Member
for accepted students not planning on attending, was there a withdraw application option for u? im trying to withdraw but only see the part for pay my deposit on my portal
studentdoctor543
Full Member
Have any accepted students received financial aid info? (like next steps, where to submit parental info, etc.). I submitted my FAFSA in December but haven't heard anything yet.
IS priority WL, interviewed 8/29
maybe all us old interviews will get some news today then! mid September and radio silence
6 months just to get waitlisted haha ( I was first week of September and still haven't heard)maybe all us old interviews will get some news today then! mid September and radio silence
Last edited:
I was third week, at this point I just want answers wtf6 months just to get waitlisted haha ( I was first week of September)
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
did anyone else hear back besides late august people?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cherrygirl<3
Full Member
still waiting to hear back from early nov ii and january student ii, waiting for my WL email already [emoji854]
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
thank you for your service 😆 good luck to you wherever you decide to go to med school!!i'm withdrawing my A today, best of luck to everyone!!!
elephant98
Full Member
IS priority waitlist 🙁
borngiorno
Full Member
OOS priority WL, interviewed in August.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K