2025-2026 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

+1 II OOS...anybody have any advice on how they felt their interview went? I thought this school was pretty big on accepting IS students, so I'm pretty shocked.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did y’all interview? I interviewed in early December, not sure if I should expect to hear back in this round.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS Priority Alternate List. Time to prepare for other interviews. Congrats to those who got the A!
Does anyone know what the movement looks like for the waitlists in May?
 
They say they accept ~20 ppl from the high priority waitlist; but it is super variable from year to year. like last year they basically took nobody off of the waitlist. movement starts towards the mid/end of may into early june.
 
hi, does anyone know what testing looks like here during preclinical years (frequency, whether in-person or not, etc.) ?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys! I received an email today from the assistant dean of admissions and wanted to communicate this to everyone here. She let me know that they're out of interview spots. She's creating an interview WL, but fears no further spots will be open. I'm assuming that means if you submitted a secondary after October, it's likely you won't get an II, maybe an interview WL spot. 🤷‍♀️ (don't quote me on that though 😅) I know the school also has spots reserved for the linkage programs that typically interview in May. So if you're one of those students, please don't worry lol. But it doesn't seem like they'll be sending out any more II's for regular cycle applicants, just interview WL spots, and I'm unsure what the movement from that list looks like. But good luck to everyone on the remainder of the cycle! Wishing ya'll the best!! 🙏
 
Hi guys! I received an email today from the assistant dean of admissions and wanted to communicate this to everyone here. She let me know that they're out of interview spots. She's creating an interview WL, but fears no further spots will be open. I'm assuming that means if you submitted a secondary after October, it's likely you won't get an II, maybe an interview WL spot. 🤷‍♀️ (don't quote me on that though 😅) I know the school also has spots reserved for the linkage programs that typically interview in May. So if you're one of those students, please don't worry lol. But it doesn't seem like they'll be sending out any more II's for regular cycle applicants, just interview WL spots, and I'm unsure what the movement from that list looks like. But good luck to everyone on the remainder of the cycle! Wishing ya'll the best!! 🙏
If they’re out of interviews, why would there be WL interview spots at all?
 
Last edited:
If they’re out of interviews, why would there be WL interview spots at all?
Yeah, I'm also confused why this is an email only that person got and nobody else....why was the assistant dean communicating that to them specifically?
 
Yeah, I'm also confused why this is an email only that person got and nobody else....why was the assistant dean communicating that to them specifically?
Hi I'm the person who posted this. I realize I could've provided more context so that you guys would know it was legit. My apologies for that. I emailed Dr. Copeland b/c I was asking if they would accept a reference letter from a current medical student before an II. I know from previous years that they accept those types of letters, but it's typically after an interview, and if you're on their WL. (I have many friends who are M4, M3, and M2's, at RWJ who have sent these letters when they applied) However, my reason for emailing her is b/c I hadn't received an II yet and wanted to know if I could send one before an interview. I thought it would be better if I just asked her directly about this, and that was her response to me.

For some additional context, I graduated from their Master of Biomedical Science program in 2024 and communicated with Dr. Copeland both in person and through email numerous times in the past b/c I had applied through their linkage program when I was an MBS student. I felt comfortable asking her about the reference letter from current students b/c of our relationship. My reason for posting this here was b/c I had seen previous posts asking if RWJ was still interviewing and felt that this would bring some answers to those who hadn't heard anything or were still wondering this. I just thought it would soften the blow of a rejection email and provide some reasoning 🤷‍♀️

As for the interview WL.... I honestly don't understand that either. Especially since they have ppl on high priority and regular WL's. My guess is that as ppl start withdrawing their acceptances, there may be some ppl who applied later that they're willing to interview and accept before ppl on the WL's. 🤷‍♀️ lol again not entirely sure about that, and I personally agree that it would make more sense to just accept ppl off the WL's rather than interview more applicants. But yeah, those are my thoughts and guesses on that. And here's my email, just in case ya'll wanna see it from the source. 🙂
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-02-16 at 11.45.29 AM.png
    Screenshot 2026-02-16 at 11.45.29 AM.png
    209 KB · Views: 393
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone been accepted off the HPWL recently? At this point, should we assume there won't be movement, or is there still hope?