2025-2026 Rutgers (Robert Wood Johnson)

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chilly_md

Full Member
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
2025-2026 Rutgers RWJ Secondary Prompts

1) RWJMS has identified the core values below as critical to our mission and vision. We strive to matriculate learners who embody these values.
R -- Respect, dignity and humanism for the diverse population we serve
W -- Wellness and resilience
J -- Joining learners hand in hand with care delivery
M -- Making patients first with safe, compassionate, high-quality care
S -- Science to advance human health

In two paragraphs or less, identify which value you selected and reflect on one of your experiences to discuss how you have built a foundation for this value.

2) RWJMS strives to matriculate a student body that supports and enriches each other and the learning environment. Please share a life experience, personal attribute, and/or perspective that will help contribute to this learning environment. (250 words or less)

3) Discuss a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. What did you learn from this situation? (Please keep this under 250 words)

4) Describe a time when you received feedback that you did not agree with. How did you handle this situation? What did you learn from this experience? (Please keep this under 250 words)

5) Please use this space if you would like to provide additional information to the admissions committee.


Good luck to all applying!

Interview Feedback:

 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@chilly_md
MSTP secondary

1) RWJMS has identified the core values below as critical to our mission and vision. We strive to matriculate learners who embody these values.
R -- Respect, dignity and humanism for the diverse population we serve
W -- Wellness and resilience
J -- Joining learners hand in hand with care delivery
M -- Making patients first with safe, compassionate, high-quality care
S -- Science to advance human health

In two paragraphs or less, identify which value you selected and reflect on one of your experiences to discuss how you have built a foundation for this value.



2) RWJMS strives to matriculate a student body that supports and enriches each other and the learning environment. Please share a life experience, personal attribute, and/or perspective that will help contribute to this learning environment. (250 words or less)



3) Discuss a difficult or challenging situation you have encountered and how you dealt with it. What did you learn from this situation? (Please keep this under 250 words)


4) Describe a time when you received feedback that you did not agree with. How did you handle this situation? What did you learn from this experience? (Please keep this under 250 words)




5) Please use this space if you would like to provide additional information to the admissions committee.
 
5. Please feel free to comment on any course grades, GPA trends, or MCAT scores and what you have learned about yourself. (No limit)
For this question, I took the MCAT four times, with a huge score jump (10 points) in my most recent attempt. Should I talk about this here? I included a narrative on how I started working as an ER tech during this time and seeing the application of textbook material to clinical settings is what allowed me to connect ideas and go more in-depth into my studies. Or, should I leave blank?
Also, a two-part here, but I got a C+ in Organic Chemistry, my only grade below a B ever. I felt like since it was a one-time thing it was better to address the bigger elephant, being the MCAT retakes. Am I right for this?
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@Premedhopeful2256 is this part of the prompt this year?? or are you looking at last year's?
Please feel free to comment on any course grades, GPA trends, or MCAT scores and what you have learned about yourself.

This was pulled directly from my application. I submitted already and decided to focus on MCAT after I got advice on reddit.
 
Is anyone else having issues with the "Explain your connection" part regarding ties to NJ? I have written my response, but the page is still being marked as incomplete and I'm still being prompted to answer it.
 
is anyones letter of references not being checked off on the status page even though they are listed under the documents tab?
 
Did you approach number 2 essentially as a diversity essay? I’m not sure if they want to hear about me collaborating with others, fit to the school mission or just how I’m different? RWJMS strives to matriculate a student body that supports and enriches each other and the learning environment. Please share a life experience, personal attribute, and/or perspective that will help contribute to this learning environment. (250 words or less)
 
do you guys think it would be ok for me to add this school at this point? I'm not a resident of NJ but I used to live there if that counts for anything (lmk please). Not too sure on if they have bad in state bias.
 
anyone know if the faculty Q&A zoom at the end of interview day is mandatory? i wasn't able to make it, but i didn't let admissions know because i read it as voluntary. but im now realizing i possibly misinterpreted that and im worried im cooked
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do NJMS and RWJ talk? If I got an interview from one can i still get from the other?
I'm wondering the same time. I know that they're separate institutions but during my NJMS Dean's Session they informed us that the two schools might be merging in the upcoming future so idk.
 
I'm wondering the same time. I know that they're separate institutions but during my NJMS Dean's Session they informed us that the two schools might be merging in the upcoming future so idk.
Do NJMS and RWJ talk? If I got an interview from one can i still get from the other?
I'd be willing to bet they're not talking to each other like that yet, and when they merge it'll be one secondary app, with a campus preference section.
 
+1 OOS II. LM 75. Submitted 9/10.

FWIW I have fairly significant ties to NJ. I didn't think this was going to pan out just because I submitted sort of late, but I'm happy it did! Super excited!
 
+1 OOS II. LM 75. Submitted 9/10.

FWIW I have fairly significant ties to NJ. I didn't think this was going to pan out just because I submitted sort of late, but I'm happy it did! Super excited!
did you send them an update letter or anything recently?
 
does anyone know what interview dates they have left?
Not sure, but when I got my invite the closest date was 3~ weeks out. So if people are getting invites this week I would assume they're interviewing in January. Complete guess tho.

EDIT: According to Admit they did send a decent number of invites in January as well last year.
 
Not sure, but when I got my invite the closest date was 3~ weeks out. So if people are getting invites this week I would assume they're interviewing in January. Complete guess tho.

EDIT: According to Admit they did send a decent number of invites in January as well last year.
yeah pretty sure II are slow right now because they're about to release the first batch of decisions for the people who already interviewed. and then people who get II after that should hear back in March, so I imagine lots will be sent out in january and feb
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do they go in order of sep interview first or is it random when calling? and if ur rejected or waitlisted u dont get a call right