-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Rutgers (New Jersey)
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
PremedNJ.123
Full Member
I interviewed in October with no decision yet. Was recently informed that no response was made because the committee is still very strongly considering my application. I’m sure you are in a similar boat my friend. Best of luck!Are they still sending out Rs and As? I interviewed in October and haven't heard a decisions either way
flowerplant2000
Full Member
woah thats insane esp bc the april 30th deadline is approaching. i interviewed late dec and also havent heard back.I interviewed in October with no decision yet. Was recently informed that no response was made because the committee is still very strongly considering my application. I’m sure you are in a similar boat my friend. Best of luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also waiting since late September and having radio silence 😢. Hopefully we all get positive responses back!I interviewed in October with no decision yet. Was recently informed that no response was made because the committee is still very strongly considering my application. I’m sure you are in a similar boat my friend. Best of luck!
D
deleted1191314
I'm convinced NJMS stands for “Not Joining Med School"
(pls take me of the PAL)
(pls take me of the PAL)
Is there any indication of a hard deadline for when they'll get back to those of us who interviewed last year?
firstgrenpremed
Full Member
I’m still waiting on my financial aid package and I have a great scholarship from another school but would choose NJMS if I got a comparable financial aid offer. If I plan to enroll at the other school today, will my acceptance be rescinded? I’ve been seeing mixed answers about this
I'd call admissionsI’m still waiting on my financial aid package and I have a great scholarship from another school but would choose NJMS if I got a comparable financial aid offer. If I plan to enroll at the other school today, will my acceptance be rescinded? I’ve been seeing mixed answers about this
timbucktoo_
New Member
Just checking in, anything new for anyone? A, WL, R?
Just saw 1 R as of May 1st reported on cycletrack, but nothing on my end to reportJust checking in, anything new for anyone? A, WL, R?
PremedNJ.123
Full Member
Nothing on my end as well. Seems like results typically get sent out on Sundays so I’m hoping this could be the one🤞
Update: it wasn't😭
Update: it wasn't😭
Last edited:
wayshegoes
Full Member
I'm expecting my interview invite any day now! No way they would just ghost a paying applicant.
😂 I know they’re super behind this year, in the past they notified applicants by first week of April so not sure what’s happening this yearI'm expecting my interview invite any day now! No way they would just ghost a paying applicant.
timbucktoo_
New Member
Every night around this time, I hold my phone for hope, and I go to sleep crying losing hope for the day that may never come. Dr Heinrich please stop leading me on
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PremedNJ.123
Full Member
The most real post I’ve seen on SDN…Every night around this time, I hold my phone for hope, and I go to sleep crying losing hope for the day that may never come. Dr Heinrich please stop leading me on
Nontrad_App_098
Full Member
Same!I'm expecting my interview invite any day now! No way they would just ghost a paying applicant.
AnotherNeuroticPremed999
Full Member
I know that PAL movement at NJMS only really occurs towards the end of May/beginning of June, but I am just losing hope and trying to force myself to start the application to reapply, knowing that NJMS has historically rigid waitlists. Hope people on the (unofficial) HPAL get news soon so PAL movement can start. 🙏
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
I am thinking about withdrawing from the PAL. If someone has already done this, can you walk me through the steps of doing so?
Havent done it myself yet but I dont see anything on the portal to withdrawal. I was planning on just emailing the adcom at [email protected]. Other schools I emailed got back within like 1-2 business daysI am thinking about withdrawing from the PAL. If someone has already done this, can you walk me through the steps of doing so?
So there is an “unofficial” HPAL?I know that PAL movement at NJMS only really occurs towards the end of May/beginning of June, but I am just losing hope and trying to force myself to start the application to reapply, knowing that NJMS has historically rigid waitlists. Hope people on the (unofficial) HPAL get news soon so PAL movement can start. 🙏
AnotherNeuroticPremed999
Full Member
Looking at past NJMS SDN posts, there seem to be people who got called in May/June and were told that they were accepted off the “high priority waitlist” without ever being emailed/told that they were put on the HPAL. That is why many people call the HPAL at NJMS “unofficial.” So for NJMS, no news is good news by the time April/May comes around after you interview, since you would likely be on the HPAL rather than the PAL.So there is an “unofficial” HPAL?
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
I heard NJMS responds favorably to letters of intent, so I am guessing (though not quite certain) that most of the waitlist pulls, at least the earlier ones, are people who sent those types of letters
I am not in a position to send one, so I am pretty sure I will not get in, which is why I am withdrawing from PAL.
I am not in a position to send one, so I am pretty sure I will not get in, which is why I am withdrawing from PAL.
PremedNJ.123
Full Member
Near 30 weeks post interview, waiting on this life-altering response. This wait is not for the weak of heart. If I get the A, I will demand scholarship as compensation lmao.
I Hope everyone else is holding up alright🫶
I Hope everyone else is holding up alright🫶
Last edited:
cherrygirl<3
Full Member
my friend called admissions and they said PAL movement would start next week and normal alternate list the week after that... good luck wl soldiers 🫡🫡🫡🫡
D
deleted1194381
pre ii R
heir_of_snakes
Full Member
Update: I’ve officially withdrawn from PAL. It was a tough decision, especially with decisions expected next week. NJMS was one of my top choices this cycle, and I would have gladly accepted an offer if given the chance. However, during the time I remained on the waitlist, a better opportunity came along, one that I’d be foolish not to take. Given that, I couldn’t in good conscience continue holding a spot on the waitlist with no intention of attending.
I’m not posting this to draw attention to myself or my outcome, but rather to offer some perspective to those currently stressed about waitlists, and to future applicants who may find themselves in a similar position. Things may not always go the way you imagined. Sometimes they’ll go better. Sometimes worse. But please, don’t let an admissions decision define your self-worth. After NJMS didn’t accept me, I spent a lot of time hating myself, only to realize later that it opened the door to something even better.
Use every experience, whether it feels like a win or a setback, as a chance to grow. Not just for admissions, but for your own personal satisfaction and development.
I’m not posting this to draw attention to myself or my outcome, but rather to offer some perspective to those currently stressed about waitlists, and to future applicants who may find themselves in a similar position. Things may not always go the way you imagined. Sometimes they’ll go better. Sometimes worse. But please, don’t let an admissions decision define your self-worth. After NJMS didn’t accept me, I spent a lot of time hating myself, only to realize later that it opened the door to something even better.
Use every experience, whether it feels like a win or a setback, as a chance to grow. Not just for admissions, but for your own personal satisfaction and development.
aralynn0
Full Member
Does that mean they’re expecting to go through the whole PAL next week or something?? Seems unlikely with how rigid the waitlist seems to have been in past years, right?my friend called admissions and they said PAL movement would start next week and normal alternate list the week after that... good luck wl soldiers 🫡🫡🫡🫡
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
premedgal444
Full Member
where you headed??Update: I’ve officially withdrawn from PAL. It was a tough decision, especially with decisions expected next week. NJMS was one of my top choices this cycle, and I would have gladly accepted an offer if given the chance. However, during the time I remained on the waitlist, a better opportunity came along, one that I’d be foolish not to take. Given that, I couldn’t in good conscience continue holding a spot on the waitlist with no intention of attending.
I’m not posting this to draw attention to myself or my outcome, but rather to offer some perspective to those currently stressed about waitlists, and to future applicants who may find themselves in a similar position. Things may not always go the way you imagined. Sometimes they’ll go better. Sometimes worse. But please, don’t let an admissions decision define your self-worth. After NJMS didn’t accept me, I spent a lot of time hating myself, only to realize later that it opened the door to something even better.
Use every experience, whether it feels like a win or a setback, as a chance to grow. Not just for admissions, but for your own personal satisfaction and development.
wayshegoes
Full Member
OOS Pre II R hehe
AnotherNeuroticPremed999
Full Member
I think that just means that they are going to start looking at the PAL next week.Does that mean they’re expecting to go through the whole PAL next week or something?? Seems unlikely with how rigid the waitlist seems to have been in past years, right?
cherrygirl<3
Full Member
I think that just means that they are going to start looking at the PAL next week.
yeah i dont have too much other info besides that i'm sorry :/
PremedNJ.123
Full Member
Any day now, I’m sure of it…
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
do you know if they meant PAL (as in the people who got told they're on PAL) or the secret HPAL (the people who haven't heard back at all regarding decisions since their interview)?my friend called admissions and they said PAL movement would start next week and normal alternate list the week after that... good luck wl soldiers 🫡🫡🫡🫡
Scary_Plantain
New Member
I don’t think they were referring to an official alternate list since they specifically named which ones they would be going through next!do you know if they meant PAL (as in the people who got told they're on PAL) or the secret HPAL (the people who haven't heard back at all regarding decisions since their interview)?
tiraratirara
New Member
Question: How does one withdraw from the PAL, because I don't see a withdraw on the amp thing. Do we have to email them?
cherrygirl<3
Full Member
do you know if they meant PAL (as in the people who got told they're on PAL) or the secret HPAL (the people who haven't heard back at all regarding decisions since their interview)?
i'm not really sure, they just said going through pal then normal alternate list i'm sorry 🙁
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
you mean they aren't referring to an *unofficial* list since they specifically named going through the priority alternate and regular alternate list?I don’t think they were referring to an official alternate list since they specifically named which ones they would be going through next!
notreally surewhat2003
Full Member
For the accepted students…Do we know when they are awarding scholarships or if they’ve already sent it out?
PremedNJ.123
Full Member
How imma feel if PAL & AL movement starts while I'm still waiting for a response
Scary_Plantain
New Member
Preciselyyou mean they aren't referring to an *unofficial* list since they specifically named going through the priority alternate and regular alternate list?
tiraratirara
New Member
Does anyone know? NJMS still has not responded for like a week.Question: How does one withdraw from the PAL, because I don't see a withdraw on the amp thing. Do we have to email them?
neurokidpop1840
Full Member
i hope so 🥺Precisely
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
AnotherNeuroticPremed999
Full Member
That was what their office said (from the reply that someone else here got from emailing them), however, it may not occur if nobody declines an A at NJMS. They also are generally pretty late (compared to other schools) in sending PAL acceptances. From previous years, it seems that PAL usually see movement from early June to the end of June.Wait so are you guys saying that HPAL / PAL is probs gonna start moving this week?
Anybody else not heard back yet post-interview?
PremedNJ.123
Full Member
I got the call, IS A!
yoyo333
Full Member
congrats!!!!! when did you hear back?![]()
I got the call, IS A!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 253
- Views
- 94K