2024-2025 Rutgers (New Jersey)

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone have any advice about student interviews? What type of questions do they ask? Are they more about personality instead of like "why medicine" or "why do you want to go here?" I didn't get any info abt the student interview when I had my faculty interview over 1 month ago but was just asked in the past few days to do a student interview to get to know me better and im a lil stressed abt it. Im instate btw
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It might just be the people they REALLY want that are being accepted rn
🥲
Anyone have any advice about student interviews? What type of questions do they ask? Are they more about personality instead of like "why medicine" or "why do you want to go here?" I didn't get any info abt the student interview when I had my faculty interview over 1 month ago but was just asked in the past few days to do a student interview to get to know me better and im a lil stressed abt it. Im instate btw
My advice is be prepared and "on-guard" (not stand-offish but like attentive/ready to answer) for student interviews as much as faculty. My interviewer also read my file, and while I wasn't asked the classic why us? and why medicine?, they did still ask about how I intend to contribute to the NJMs community and some more specific questions about my activities.
 
so aside from the meeting with dean heinrich in person, do we know of any other RD acceptances? Interviewed 8/15 for RD and anxiously awaiting anything :') edit: i did see an acceptance on cycletrack so maybe they just aren't on SDN? but i find it hard to believe!
 
Cycletrack now has a reported A on October 15th and October 16th. Maybe there were a few calls that came out for people that weren't on SDN? None yet on admit.org.
 
Cycletrack now has a reported A on October 15th and October 16th. Maybe there were a few calls that came out for people that weren't on SDN? None yet on admit.org.
May be this might be the Rutgers UG/Grad Students who got accepted RD!
 
how big are incoming class sizes if ED is ~80 students? Ive seen numbers like 150-180 but unsure how accurate those are. Any chance you have an idea?
Hi sorry for the late reply! Its pretty consistent with what people are saying which is about 170-180 ish people for the class size but ofc more acceptances go out than that.
 
If the ED class was as big as was previously said, it would be at least 50% harder for RD apps to be accepted, so it's a real possibility only the Harvard UG 4.0's are getting accepted in the RD pool
I’d def say njms leans more hollistic if thats any hope lol. They really thoroughly read your app and Dean Heinrich knows something personal about each applicant. One of the things i love about njms 🙂
 
Do you guys think they already made their decisions for the first month of interview dates, and that Dean is just calling when he has time?
That’s what Dean Heinrich insinuated during the Info sessions way back in the Spring - that they sort of know a good amount of the class roster before October 15th. Maybe there was an unexpected delay or backlog or something but I bet they internally have a list of at least some As by now.
 
Has anyone successfully rescheduled their student interview? Couldn't attend the one I was given but haven't heard back after responding.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it worth it to send a letter of interest at this stage if you’ve already interviewed and haven’t heard back?
 
Is it worth it to send a letter of interest at this stage if you’ve already interviewed and haven’t heard back?
I did 2 (1 right after my interview in early sept and 1 this past week). Not sure if it was necessary since everyone seems to not have heard back if they are not an RU alum.
 
We probably won't hear back today, because its Friday, and I don't think anyone's gonna wanna talk to undergrads over the phone on a Friday night

I believe the general policy of the school is to release decisions about once every two weeks, so we may hear back on Monday
 
Is it worth it to send a letter of interest at this stage if you’ve already interviewed and haven’t heard back?
I’m waiting until after the first batch of acceptance calls before sending mine (though at this stage it’s probably gonna be a letter of intent for me).
 
The delay could possibly be bc of the merger between NJMS and RWJMS. I don't think anyone got accepted to RWJ either (maybe someone else can confirm). There is a RWJ acceptance posted on admit.org but idk man I feel like it's a similar case as the 2 NJMS acceptances posted on cycletrack where I think these data points are misleading (I might be coping)
 
The delay could possibly be bc of the merger between NJMS and RWJMS. I don't think anyone got accepted to RWJ either (maybe someone else can confirm). There is a RWJ acceptance posted on admit.org but idk man I feel like it's a similar case as the 2 NJMS acceptances posted on cycletrack where I think these data points are misleading (I might be coping)
Yeah I think we’re all just coping LOL
 
Yeah I think we’re all just coping LOL
Yeah I'm wondering what the cause is - I mean it sounds like every previous year they made calls October 15th to nudge NJ people to commit to NJMS. I originally just assumed someone got sick or there was a mixup but its been two weeks, I'm starting to think this is part of the schedule. Hopefully they sent out some As before thanksgiving though.
 
Also what happened to the Sunday calls they just never happened outside ED😭
Night’s still young 🙂

Nah but I think it’s too early to draw conclusions given no calls have been made for RD apparently. Maybe when they start there’ll be some on the weekends.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Were the August Interviews all RD or were some ED placed in the RD pool? Also congratulations everyone! I'm just glad some of us panicking got As lol