You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Tufts
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
waffling_on
New Member
Tufts Maine A! Interviewed 10/17. Strong rural ties but not to Maine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hifromvenus
Full Member
OOS Boston A. Interviewed 10/23 😊
neuroscience2024
Full Member
damn I interviewed 10/21 for Boston and have not heard anything or have any update in my portal... am I rejected then? was it an email? at what time?OOS Boston A. Interviewed 10/23 😊
Last edited:
landhuman1234
Full Member
I dont even think early August has gotten an II at least for Bos track 😂have there been a late august or later complete ii?
hifromvenus
Full Member
damn I interviewed 10/21 for Boston and have not heard anything or have any update in my portal... am I rejected then? was it an email? at what time?
I got an email at 7am est. during the interview sesh they told us that people who interviewed that day would hear back this week. It might be a different day for your session idkdamn I interviewed 10/21 for Boston and have not heard anything or have any update in my portal... am I rejected then? was it an email? at what time?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
They told us the ad com was meeting 11/4 and we would hear the following week… unclear if that was this week or next but odd. Is your portal updated too?I got an email at 7am est. during the interview sesh they told us that people who interviewed that day would hear back this week. It might be a different day for your session idk
Has anyone heard from these interview dats been deferred or rejected?
that's crazy - will they even have time to get through all the applicants? is this how every cycle is?I dont even think early August has gotten an II at least for Bos track 😂
landhuman1234
Full Member
Who knows, maybe yes maybe no. But I presume at least from other SDN threads that we can at least expect to keep hearing for IIs well into the winter herethat's crazy - will they even have time to get through all the applicants? is this how every cycle is?
Noahkahan7
New Member
OOS Boston A this morning! Interviewed [emoji2389]0/[emoji2390][emoji2389].
that is such a fast turn around! Edit: Congrats!!!!OOS Boston A. Interviewed 10/23 😊
OOS Boston A
neuroscience2024
Full Member
When did you interview?OOS Boston A
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
10/23 I thinkWhen did you interview?
Wait until later in the cycle when you know which school you will definitely be enrolling in, then follow the instructions your school gives youDoes anyone know if we wait for an email with background check info? Like how to submit one? Or do we go through the AAMC website, it’s kinda confusing
Is there an unofficial GroupMe or other type of group chat for accepted students?
happypremed2001
Full Member
There is an official Facebook group made by the school but no group chats. We should make one tho I am def looking to connect with other accepted studentsIs there an unofficial GroupMe or other type of group chat for accepted students?
If anyone wants to connect! Tufts University SOM Accepted Students C/O 2029
cubsandhawks
Full Member
Are the admissions usually this quiet?
ranbir2024
Full Member
Any one received II recently?
powerpuffgirll
Full Member
No, submitted secondary mid/late July and radio silence. Hopefully soon.Any one received II recently?
+1 IS LM78No, submitted secondary mid/late July and radio silence. Hopefully soon.
brainfart123
Full Member
Congrats!!! May I ask your complete date?+1 IS LM78
futureMD2321
Full Member
I think they were referring to radio silence… lolCongrats!!! May I ask your complete date?
Sorry for the confusion, yea I was referring to radio silenceCongrats!!! May I ask your complete date?
neuroscience2024
Full Member
+1 Deferred Decision :/
II: late October
Do they like letters of interest or updates at this point? what does this mean for odds of admission? Am I toast? This is one of my top choice schools!
II: late October
Do they like letters of interest or updates at this point? what does this mean for odds of admission? Am I toast? This is one of my top choice schools!
Interviewed here today—they said the next round of decisions (which include today’s interviewees) will be sent out before Thanksgiving!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
just_a_bagel
Full Member
Secondary complete 7/16 and haven't heard anything since :/
seaborn_0808
Full Member
I really want a II from this school but wondering if I should give up on hearing back 🙁 complete 7/9
futureMD2321
Full Member
I was complete 7/19 and still hoping too. From prior cycles it seems like they send II pretty consistently through January so there's still timeI really want a II from this school but wondering if I should give up on hearing back 🙁 complete 7/9
Are there any current students on here that would be able to answer what the general consensus is on needing a car during pre-clinical years? and if you do, what is the parking situation like? Thank you!
futureMD2321
Full Member
I lived in Boston for undergrad. The med school is right in downtown Boston and as long as you’re planning on living around the city then you definitely wouldn’t need a car. Parking is also often difficult to find and you’ll likely have to pay for it or go into a garage.Are there any current students on here that would be able to answer what the general consensus is on needing a car during pre-clinical years? and if you do, what is the parking situation like? Thank you!
Anyone think there will be some II's today?
wantedmd10
Full Member
What time do decisions usually come out? I know for my interview date 11/6 they said they are most likely answering tomorrow!
thecaliforniadoctor
New Member
What time do decisions usually come out? I know for my interview date 11/6 they said they are most likely answering tomorrow!
Someone on here said 7am was when they got their A email. Not sure what time zone that is though… maybe eastern assuming they are from near the school
mintchocochip
Full Member
i got mine around noon estWhat time do decisions usually come out? I know for my interview date 11/6 they said they are most likely answering tomorrow!
mintchocochip
Full Member
i can't comment on needing a car, but parking in boston sucks lolAre there any current students on here that would be able to answer what the general consensus is on needing a car during pre-clinical years? and if you do, what is the parking situation like? Thank you!
im not a current student but I know that Tufts is affiliated with many hospitals in and around Boston. Some of those hospitals are difficult to get to via public transport so I would lean more towards needing a car.Are there any current students on here that would be able to answer what the general consensus is on needing a car during pre-clinical years? and if you do, what is the parking situation like? Thank you!
happypremed2001
Full Member
There is no depositFellow As, I thought we’d have to submit a deposit but I see nothing about it. Anyone have insight?
11/6 according to cycle trackhas tufts sent out any boston iis in a while?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
thecaliforniadoctor
New Member
At my interview, they said decisions would likely come during Thanksgiving week (M-W), with today being possible but unlikely if they finished early. I feel like it will probably be next week.Any chance we are getting decisions today?
landhuman1234
Full Member
It seems like those were Maine Track no?11/6 according to cycle track
mintchocochip
Full Member
how can you see that in cycle track?It seems like those were Maine Track no?
Are there any current students on here that would be able to answer what the general consensus is on needing a car during pre-clinical years? and if you do, what is the parking situation like? Thank you!
Don’t need car first year, second year you most likely need a car but depending on where you’re placed for CAP you might be able to get away without one. Honestly, parking near or at Tufts seems pretty bad. I heard there’s a parking pass system and it’s ~$7-10 per day, but I haven’t really tried myself.
We luckily have a good amount of options when it comes to public transportation in terms of getting to campus and the med center
Are there any current students on here that would be able to answer what the general consensus is on needing a car during pre-clinical years? and if you do, what is the parking situation like? Thank you!
Don’t need car first year, second year you most likely need a car but depending on where you’re placed for CAP you might be able to get away without one. Honestly, parking near or at Tufts seems pretty bad. I heard there’s a parking pass system and it’s ~$7-10 per day, but I haven’t really tried myself.
We luckily have a good amount of options when it comes to public transportation in terms of getting to campus and the med center