You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Michigan State
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yourfuturedoctor999
Full Member
IS Pre-II Rejection, sigh
geopigeon
truly a midfest
Based on the stats on the other website, there is no order. Allegedly one R person submitted a secondary 9/10 and another 7/18 and a bunch in betweenwhat order do they reject applicants in? just wondering
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
crackhousehaven
Full Member
yeah...did you guys get an email for Pre-II rejection?
saucyrabbit
Full Member
+1 IS II this morning! LM 74. I was complete 7/18
marathoner_15
Full Member
+IS II!!!
Med student interview was fun. Everyone was nice. Overall liked the experience.Anybody attend one of the first few interview days? How did it go?
Id 2nd thisMed student interview was fun. Everyone was nice. Overall liked the experience.
Thanks! So nothing too unusual or unexpected?Med student interview was fun. Everyone was nice. Overall liked the experience.
NopeThanks! So nothing too unusual or unexpected?
adresearchgal
Full Member
Pre II R 🥴
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same lol, i wonder whyPre II R 🥴
Thedoomed12
Full Member
Pre II OOS R
The fact that I am a lower stat OOS applicant and haven't been rejected, but submitted my app almost two months ago, makes me wonder if its cause they're still reviewing my app, or cause they simply haven't gotten to it yet
dancegirl12
New Member
Any IS rejections?
Schools won't necessarily review in order of application receipt.The fact that I am a lower stat OOS applicant and haven't been rejected, but submitted my app almost two months ago, makes me wonder if its cause they're still reviewing my app, or cause they simply haven't gotten to it yet
geopigeon
truly a midfest
several, scroll upAny IS rejections?
Congrats on the interview. Do you know if we are expected to send Thank you emails?Nope
Neur0Ninja
Full Member
+1 A (IS)
+1 IS A 🙂
It was a phone call! In fact, they said the email will be coming later. I haven't even gotten one yet!Congrats to those with As! I have a question, did they call you to inform the decision? I want to know if should bother refreshing my email or not😂
Neur0Ninja
Full Member
They called me, they said an email will arrive within 24 hours with more information regarding the admissionCongrats to those with As! I have a question, did they call you to inform the decision? I want to know if should bother refreshing my email or not😂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
golions1234
New Member
congrats on the A!! can i ask when you interviewed??+1 IS A 🙂
9/29!congrats on the A!! can i ask when you interviewed??
jasonbourne125
Full Member
Congrats to those who received A's today! If you have any questions about the school to help you determine if you want to matriculate, feel free to PM. I am an M1 student who came from OOS.
I recently interviewed haven't heard back yet but just wondering is a thank you letter necessary?Congrats to those who received A's today! If you have any questions about the school to help you determine if you want to matriculate, feel free to PM. I am an M1 student who came from OOS.
I just got one today. Someone from my same interview day already reported an A though. But it seems like all the As so far are iss so maybe oos still have a shot?Has anyone gotten an email about post-interview feedback or a post-interview survey? I know they've sent those out in past cycles and I'm wondering if they aren't doing so this year.
BunnyQueen
New Member
What day did you interview if you dont mind sharing? I'm an IS student waiting to hear back. I just got the post-interview survey email as well.I just got one today. Someone from my same interview day already reported an A though. But it seems like all the As so far are iss so maybe oos still have a shot?
BunnyQueen
New Member
Just got placed on the Alternate list. T-T Does anyone know how it works or when you can expect to get off of it?
Yeah just got it today as well.I just got one today. Someone from my same interview day already reported an A though. But it seems like all the As so far are iss so maybe oos still have a shot?
If nothing has changed from last year WL movement starts on or after May 1st.Just got placed on the Alternate list. T-T Does anyone know how it works or when you can expect to get off of it?
9/29.What day did you interview if you dont mind sharing? I'm an IS student waiting to hear back. I just got the post-interview survey email as well.
vagusvoyager
New Member
What day did you interview?Just got placed on the Alternate list. T-T Does anyone know how it works or when you can expect to get off of it?
Buddy got an IS pre-II R LM 76. Huge community focus on their app with desire to do primary care. For a school so focused on addressing physician shortages in Michigan I feel they routinely miss the mark and leave high stat IS applicants out by focusing too much on yield protection.
geopigeon
truly a midfest
in the rejection email self reflection guide they placed a huge emphasis on mission fit for their "successful candidates" and a explicit desire for going into primary care and lots of community service so thats really wild to hearBuddy got an IS pre-II R LM 76. Huge community focus on their app with desire to do primary care. For a school so focused on addressing physician shortages in Michigan I feel they routinely miss the mark and leave high stat IS applicants out by focusing too much on yield protection.
I’m IS with a LM of 78. I’m sure it happens, but it’s not universalBuddy got an IS pre-II R LM 76. Huge community focus on their app with desire to do primary care. For a school so focused on addressing physician shortages in Michigan I feel they routinely miss the mark and leave high stat IS applicants out by focusing too much on yield protection.
What does yield protection even do?MSU did not accept someone with above a 518 MCAT IS last year and I am pretty sure that was the case for the last few years as well (though I do not have that data and can only go off memory). OOS was even lower with a 511. That may have changed this current cycle but historically either MSU yield protects which would explain their stat averages being well below the countries or those high stat applicants were just not applying to MSU (which I know from colleagues and friends is also not true).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Make sure people you offer acceptances choose your schoolWhat does yield protection even do?
I suppose they’re assuming people are going elsewhere and thus accept within such a fine margin. Post-II A rate must be highMake sure people you offer acceptances choose your school
Last edited:
geopigeon
truly a midfest
I’m not certain what counts as high but iirc it’s around 60%. They send out around 550 interviewsI suppose they’re assuming people are going elsewhere and thus accept within such a fine margin. Post-II A rate must be high
That’s the second highest of schools I applied to, with Mich being firstI’m not certain what counts as high but iirc it’s around 60%. They send out around 550 interviews
Current M1 here at CHM. There are definitely people in my class with MCAT scores in the 520s, so I don’t think “yield protection” plays as big of a role as some people assume. MSU-CHM really is a mission-driven school. Getting into med school is hard in general—there are so many qualified applicants, and unfortunately, great people get overlooked every year.
Having strong stats and saying you align with a school’s mission is one thing, but being able to show that you genuinely mean it—through your essays or interviews—is what really matters. Some applicants say what they think the school wants to hear, and admissions committees can usually tell. On the flip side, there are people who truly do align with a school’s mission but struggle to express that as clearly. It’s a tough process all around.
Not getting into your top choice can definitely sting, but I really believe you end up where you’re meant to be. If medicine is what you’re meant to do, keep going until you get there—it’s worth it.
For what it’s worth, one of the biggest things I’ve noticed about my classmates is that we all chose CHM because of its mission and values. The vast majority of people here genuinely embody that, and I think the admissions committee does a great job choosing students who reflect what the school stands for.
Having strong stats and saying you align with a school’s mission is one thing, but being able to show that you genuinely mean it—through your essays or interviews—is what really matters. Some applicants say what they think the school wants to hear, and admissions committees can usually tell. On the flip side, there are people who truly do align with a school’s mission but struggle to express that as clearly. It’s a tough process all around.
Not getting into your top choice can definitely sting, but I really believe you end up where you’re meant to be. If medicine is what you’re meant to do, keep going until you get there—it’s worth it.
For what it’s worth, one of the biggest things I’ve noticed about my classmates is that we all chose CHM because of its mission and values. The vast majority of people here genuinely embody that, and I think the admissions committee does a great job choosing students who reflect what the school stands for.