Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
That's how I understood it as well...On MSAR I saw that they only accept updates if you are placed on an alternate list?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That's how I understood it as well...On MSAR I saw that they only accept updates if you are placed on an alternate list?
According to admit it's ~61%! But I think it's higher for OOS since they send fewer II for OOS applicants.Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate?
My strategy would be probably in the new year. Maybe Jan-March, when they may start looking at the AL. I have no idea how the admissions process is reviewed, but I would think sending it too early it risks getting filed away. But I don't know if they may "bookmark" applicants who have sent updates, so timing could be irrelevant. Waiting a couple of months also gives you more time to add more experiences/updates. Waiting also shows them that even months/weeks after, you remain very interested in their program and they are "top of mind".When would be the best time to send an update after being placed on the alternate list. How long should you wait to send it?
Sounds good think I will have a good amount of updates by thenMy strategy would be probably in the new year. Maybe Jan-March, when they may start looking at the AL. I have no idea how the admissions process is reviewed, but I would think sending it too early it risks getting filed away. But I don't know if they may "bookmark" applicants who have sent updates, so timing could be irrelevant. Waiting a couple of months also gives you more time to add more experiences/updates. Waiting also shows them that even months/weeks after, you remain very interested in their program and they are "top of mind".
Im tweaking that I haven’t heard back after II on 10/14
Get used to quick answers for the MMI. The student interview is very chill and informative, the MMI is a bit less traditional and takes preparation in my opinion. Good luck!I have an interview coming up! Can anyone provide tips on how their interview went? Any odd ball questions they may have asked? This is my only md II so far so I really want to go well eek! 🙂
I emailed them before and they said you can send them to their admissions office and they’ll forward to your interviewer.Did anyone send post-interview thank you emails? I did not get the contact information for my student interviewer, so I am not sure how to go about that or whether its recommend sending one?
Thanks, that helps a lot!I emailed them before and they said you can send them to their admissions office and they’ll forward to your interviewer.
You don’t have to but it can’t hurt to send one considering it should only take you a few minutes.
For me, the info session invite came in the reminder email they sent about five days before the interview dateHey all. I have an interview coming up and was wondering if there is an informational session during the interview day? I was only able to sign up for the two interviews.
when did u interviewWaitlisted. Is there any hope?
Octoberwhen did u interview
I believe someone received an A that interviewed on 11/6. It’s a few post upHas anyone who interviewed first week of November heard back??
Manifesting A's for all of us too!! I would be over the moon and it's all I want for Christmas this year!! Trying not to be impatient since I interviewed only a couple weeks ago, but I'm anxious to hear back.Manifesting A's for all of us still waiting.... seems like Tuesdays and Fridays have been the trend lately for acceptance calls?
I know a current MS1 here who is OOS and got in with a 503 or 504 last cycle - don't count yourself out!I'm not sure how I've dodged the rejection waves so well yet as a OOS with a 503 MCAT, but who knows at this point,
Acceptances for CHM?? Or just in general for the cycle? I haven't seen any A's reported on Cycle Track or SDN for here.Looks like acceptances are going out on SDN! Praying I get the call today! acceptances??
they're on admitAcceptances for CHM?? Or just in general for the cycle? I haven't seen any A's reported on Cycle Track or SDN for here.
oh okay, thanks! Time to panic 🤠they're on admit
Amazing!! CongratsGot the call today, IS interviewed 11/19. Can't believe this is real!
Aww omg congrats!! I'm still waiting for my phone call 🤞I got the A!!! I have been ugly crying all day (well since 12:49 pm EST) - as a non-trad re-applicant, I am so excited. This is my dream school and I can't believe it's real.
Thank you!! Fingers crossed you get good news soon!!Aww omg congrats!! I'm still waiting for my phone call 🤞
See you around🥳I got the A!!! I have been ugly crying all day (well since 12:49 pm EST) - as a non-trad re-applicant, I am so excited. This is my dream school and I can't believe it's real.
Would love to know this too!Is there a group chat for admitted students?
The email I got when I got an interview said to reach out to the admissions office if slots aren’t available within the same week.Did anyone else have 2 weeks between MMI and student interview… the availability was limited
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.