2025-2026 Michigan State

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I wanted to get more info how students make the decision to stay at either of the campuses during the first 2 years, east Lansing v Grand Rapids. If there are any current med students in this chat that could offer some insight and advise on pros and cons, that would be much appreciated!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Recently interviewed at MSU. Based on admit and posts here, feels like they should be releasing a decision wave soon. Anybody receive an A since early December?
 
Like most people here, I’m anxiously waiting for the next batch of post-interview decisions, so I dug through old SDN threads to see when MSU CHM historically started sending acceptances again after the holiday break. Not sure if this helps anyone, but here’s what I found:

2024–2025 cycle: first post-holiday acceptance = Jan 24, 2025 (Fri)
(this was 4 days after MLK Day, which was that preceding Monday)
Also appears to be the only acceptance batch reported in January that year.

2023–2024 cycle: first post-holiday acceptance = Jan 17, 2024 (Wed)
(2 days after MLK Day)
Additional reported acceptances: Jan 24, 2024 (Wed) and Jan 31, 2024 (Wed)

2022–2023 cycle: nothing reported until Feb 7, 2023

2021–2022 cycle: first post-holiday acceptance = Jan 18, 2022 (Tue)
(1 day after MLK Day)

Not sure what this means for this year (if anything), but figured I’d share the dates in case it helps anyone else who’s also spiraling a bit lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone done the LRM interview yet? mine is coming up and have limited information on it so was just curious what the set up was like/difficulty. thanks in advance!
 
has anyone done the LRM interview yet? mine is coming up and have limited information on it so was just curious what the set up was like/difficulty. thanks in advance!
Is the LRM interview after the main interview? I applied LRM but never heard of an "LRM interview" yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who has released their background check, still not received the official acceptance? I released the report on 2/2/2026 and I have not seen any updates in my portal or email.
 
I got my official acceptance last week, but haven’t gotten an email for the April first look dates. Does anyone mind sharing the dates? I’m OOS and need to start planning flights/travel and time off before prices get too expensive. Thank you!
 
Hi! I'm an admitted student and I just saw that MSU CHM and COM are merging. I was wondering if current students, or other admitted students, have thoughts on what this would mean? I guess I'm unclear on how much of a merger this would be -- would we have the same classes?
 
Follow this link and scroll down to "Unified MD & DO College." It will help answer some of your questions: FAQs | Office of the President | Michigan State University

The plan is to form a unified college for the sake of making a more recognizable name for MSU's health sciences. Think "Michigan Medicine" for UofM... The name they are aiming for is "MSU Medicine." As far as anything that would relate to your day-to-day life as a CHM student goes, there will be no difference. And no, we will not have classes together. The programs themselves are not merging. It's just one combined college that will house all of the different programs.

I should add, the FAQ that mentions sharing curriculum is mainly referencing that we have some shared faculty already and occasionally some of the prerecorded anatomy lectures are done by those faculty. So you occasionally might see in the corner of an anatomy lecture video "College of Human Medicine and Osteopathic Medicine," which is just referencing that that lecture is being used in both programs. As far as I know, anatomy is the only course I've seen this in.
 
Last edited:
Hi! I'm an admitted student and I just saw that MSU CHM and COM are merging. I was wondering if current students, or other admitted students, have thoughts on what this would mean? I guess I'm unclear on how much of a merger this would be -- would we have the same classes?
We dont share the same classes as it is. We dont even share the same bulildings. The only campus shared is with East lansing. This just means that all medical schools (PA,MD,DO etc.) will be under the College of Medicine. Everything will still be seperate. But I assume this will consolidate things regarding how money goes.
 
Has anyone heard about the scholarships? I know they said donor-funded should be allocated by next Wednesday. Was curious if anyone has gotten notification about a donor scholarship, or if there are other merit or need based they might give
 
Sorry to be this person but does anyone know what MSU does for a positive THC test, I have quit completely but am worried about the time it stays in my system. Also are the drug tests urine or hair and are they observed
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone!

I was just accepted off the waitlist and could not be more excited!!

Does anyone know if there is much movement in terms of campus assignments? I was automatically assigned to the East Lansing campus but do have the option to join a waitlist for the Grand Rapids one.

Just wondering if it's a good idea to request the waitlist in terms of finding a place to live on time and how likely it is to be reassigned or if I should just accept EL and look for places there.

If anyone has any thoughts on either campus that would be great! Originally I was leaning toward GR, but now am just happy to be accepted!
 
Hi everyone!

I was just accepted off the waitlist and could not be more excited!!

Does anyone know if there is much movement in terms of campus assignments? I was automatically assigned to the East Lansing campus but do have the option to join a waitlist for the Grand Rapids one.

Just wondering if it's a good idea to request the waitlist in terms of finding a place to live on time and how likely it is to be reassigned or if I should just accept EL and look for places there.

If anyone has any thoughts on either campus that would be great! Originally I was leaning toward GR, but now am just happy to be accepted!
How long did they give you to accept?