You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Meritus SOM
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
all2wellTV
Full Member
WL 3/3, interviewed 2/27. Ngl bummed about this one thought the interview went great🙁
MightyMed03
Full Member
I feel the same way...WL 3/3, interviewed 2/27. Ngl bummed about this one thought the interview went great🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I also felt the same way...WL 3/3, interviewed 2/27. Ngl bummed about this one thought the interview went great🙁
futuregirlydoc
Full Member
Yeah me too…was waitlisted today and my interview went greatWL 3/3, interviewed 2/27. Ngl bummed about this one thought the interview went great🙁
const3llations
Full Member
Our second deposit is due 4/15. So I'd expect movement before that dateWL 03/03. Interviewed 2/19. What does movement look like at this school?
mdbarbiexo
Full Member
Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?
futuregirlydoc
Full Member
Wondering the same thing.Does anyone know if the waitlist is ranked?
cinnamqnpearl
Full Member
are both deposits going to contribute to our tuition?
Yesare both deposits going to contribute to our tuition?
Hi, Did you end up receiving email confirming interview time? When?Hey guys! I scheduled my interview for the 11th but I haven’t received an email confirming my interview time. Will they contact me soon? Also if anyone has any advice for the interview, it would be much appreciated! Thanks 🙂
icryallthetime1
New Member
Hey, check your DMs. I replied there, but if you didn't see it, they sent me the confirmation email with the time the day before. Good luck!Hi, Did you end up receiving email confirming interview time? When?
dnkndonu8s
Full Member
Late submission and out of state, low stat applicant. I do have several volunteering and research experiences tho.
Applied 3/2
Secondary invite 3/3
Secondary submitted 3/6
Interview Invite 3/8
Applied 3/2
Secondary invite 3/3
Secondary submitted 3/6
Interview Invite 3/8
const3llations
Full Member
Good luck! I applied late and heard back quickly too!Late submission and out of state, low stat applicant. I do have several volunteering and research experiences tho.
Applied 3/2
Secondary invite 3/3
Secondary submitted 3/6
Interview Invite 3/8
bookedinscrubs
Full Member
OOS II
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone get off wl recently?
cinnamqnpearl
Full Member
does anyone else think seats have been filled?
Yes. That's why they're waitlisting everyone now. WL movement should pick up mid-April.does anyone else think seats have been filled?
MedMama1025
Full Member
Has anyone else gotten an “accepted pending seat” email, guaranteed a spot in next years class if no spots open up this year? Wondering if this is what everyone else means by “waitlist” or if there are different/ranked waitlist options
This is different (better) than a usual waitlist.Has anyone else gotten an “accepted pending seat” email, guaranteed a spot in next years class if no spots open up this year? Wondering if this is what everyone else means by “waitlist” or if there are different/ranked waitlist options
It is something only a few schools will offer, and gives you the place next year if this year’s waitlist doesn’t move enough for you to start now.
When did you interview, were you o wl before?Has anyone else gotten an “accepted pending seat” email, guaranteed a spot in next years class if no spots open up this year? Wondering if this is what everyone else means by “waitlist” or if there are different/ranked waitlist options
const3llations
Full Member
Anybody already figured out how they're planning to pay for the housing prices?
MedMama1025
Full Member
I was a late applicant this cycle, 2ndary submitted 2/11, II Invite 2/12, II 3/6, just got the “accepted pending seat” email yesterday 3/23… was just surprised to see the guarantee for the spot next year if one does not become available this year, i’ve honestly never heard of that beforeWhen did you interview, were you o wl before?
futuredoc17!
New Member
any tips for interviewing here?
cinnamqnpearl
Full Member
not that I've been accepted but will they charge monthly or is this part of tuition?Anybody already figured out how they're planning to pay for the housing prices?
cinnamqnpearl
Full Member
dress professionally, be confident and know your why medicine, why msom, and prepare some situational answers too. meaning if they were to ask you about a time you showed leadership, etc. Just be yourself, its very conversationalany tips for interviewing here?
firstgen_premed
New Member
When I talked to financial aid, they said 6 months of rent for housing is due at once at the start of the semester (July 1), not per monthnot that I've been accepted but will they charge monthly or is this part of tuition?
firstgen_premed
New Member
I ended up caving in and applied for Sallie MaeAnybody already figured out how they're planning to pay for the housing prices?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ATSU-KCOM is another school that does this, I am currently on their listI was a late applicant this cycle, 2ndary submitted 2/11, II Invite 2/12, II 3/6, just got the “accepted pending seat” email yesterday 3/23… was just surprised to see the guarantee for the spot next year if one does not become available this year, i’ve honestly never heard of that before
cinnamqnpearl
Full Member
so does this mean their wl is ranked?I was a late applicant this cycle, 2ndary submitted 2/11, II Invite 2/12, II 3/6, just got the “accepted pending seat” email yesterday 3/23… was just surprised to see the guarantee for the spot next year if one does not become available this year, i’ve honestly never heard of that before
MedMama1025
Full Member
This was kind of my question too- as in would I get the next available seat or will they still give to others on the regular WL.. not sure, but I would assume at least this type of response would be “ranked” higher than the regular WL if it’s not ranked further aside from that,, who knows though that’s just my assumptionso does this mean their wl is ranked?
const3llations
Full Member
bookedinscrubs
Full Member
anyone else still waiting for a decision post-interview?
yes, interviewed on 3/6anyone else still waiting for a decision post-interview?
cinnamqnpearl
Full Member
Yes, interviewed on 3/5anyone else still waiting for a decision post-interview?
Yes, interviewed 3/20. Still waiting.anyone else still waiting for a decision post-interview?
bookedinscrubs
Full Member
me 3/19 and also waiting! on a WL for a different school 🙁Yes, interviewed 3/20. Still waiting.
mdbarbiexo
Full Member
Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats please?So surreal!!! Got off the APS (accepted pending seat with guarantee for class 2031) this morning at around 11AM.
Completed: 3/3/26
Interviewed: 3/12/26
APS: 3/16/26
Accepted for class of 2030: 4/2/26
Stay positive!!!
dnkndonu8s
Full Member
still waiting for a decision. interviewed on 3/17
MedMama1025
Full Member
I got my APS on 3/23… fingers crossed I’ll be joining you this year!!🤞🏼 congratulations🎉So surreal!!! Got off the APS (accepted pending seat with guarantee for class 2031) this morning at around 11AM.
Completed: 3/3/26
Interviewed: 3/12/26
APS: 3/16/26
Accepted for class of 2030: 4/2/26
Stay positive!!!
Thank you! Sure I’m nontrad on my 5th gap yr. 501 mcat; 3.5 sgpa; 3.7 cgpa with 7000+ clinical hours as an MA in an IM office and DO shadowing which involved OMT. I’m OOS and ORM.Congratulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats please?
From what I can tell, MSOM is very big on mission and like if you did your research on their program and hospital. Hope that helps!
Thanks!! you’re in a good spot with enough time for movement so hopefully you hear back soon🤞I got my APS on 3/23… fingers crossed I’ll be joining you this year!!🤞🏼 congratulations🎉
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also on the regular wl wondering the same thing
MedMama1025
Full Member
Honestly I don’t truly know… this would be the assumption from me, but I didn’t even know this was an option until I received the email… also who knows how many of us got an APS offer and who all accepted it ya know,, could go in your favor, it may not, only time will tell I guessSo is the APS waitlist first priority for seats opening up? I’m on the regular waitlist so just curious if that means there is less of a chance for us on the regular waitlist to get off
Swigly1010
New Member
Hello everyone, I’m posting here hoping for a bit of reassurance. I interviewed on 3/12 and am still waiting to hear back. This was my only interview this cycle, so I’m really hoping for a positive outcome. Lately I’ve been getting a bit worried since it’s been quiet with no updates. I also submitted a letter of interest but haven’t heard anything yet. If anyone has advice or can share similar experiences, I’d really appreciate it. 🥺
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 115
- Views
- 29K
