2025-2026 Meritus SOM

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone have a virtual interview scheduled for 12/5? no body ever let me in to the MSOM morning presentation, and it says the meeting has not started, although it was from 10 - 11AM EST and its past 11AM EST
When I interviewed in early November, the Tues./Thurs. interview dates were virtual with a same-day morning presentation and Fridays were in-person, but you attended the Thurs. virtual morning presentation the day before the interview. They may have changed things after I interviewed, but under that system, you were to do the virtual information session on Thurs. for a Thurs. virtual interview or Friday in-person interview.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 OOS A! Secondary submitted 10/5, interviewed 12/18, got the call 12/30.

Anyone have word as to an accepted students page/group?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was accepted here recently after interviewing/touring the school. I loved it. But today I found out that MSOM has mandatory attendance and in the middle of the first semester started requiring students to swipe their ID cards both before and after class to keep their grade for the day. Also that they have a strict policy against students audio recording lectures. They're shockingly very opposed to recording their own lectures to distribute to students after class (I didn't even realize I needed to be asking schools about this because I thought this was standard now). Apparently student morale is currently very low. I'm so bummed. They seemed so accommodating. I would've never known any of this from my visit there. Anyway, I'm withdrawing my A. Hopefully it will go to someone who is a better fit. Just thought you guys should know
 
Did anybody was able to successfully re-schedule Meritus interview? They are not responding to email, and nobody picks up the phone
 
I was accepted here recently after interviewing/touring the school. I loved it. But today I found out that MSOM has mandatory attendance and in the middle of the first semester started requiring students to swipe their ID cards both before and after class to keep their grade for the day. Also that they have a strict policy against students audio recording lectures. They're shockingly very opposed to recording their own lectures to distribute to students after class (I didn't even realize I needed to be asking schools about this because I thought this was standard now). Apparently student morale is currently very low. I'm so bummed. They seemed so accommodating. I would've never known any of this from my visit there. Anyway, I'm withdrawing my A. Hopefully it will go to someone who is a better fit. Just thought you guys should know
If attending classes is ur kryptonite then yes definitely a solid choice to withdraw.
 
How long was it? And did you like do anything (update letter or intent)?
I interviewed on 12/12 and placed on WL a week later. I sent an email a week after I was placed on the WL, basically it was an LOI and telling them i would like to have an estimate timeline to prepare and give my current job enough time to hire someone else. They ghosted me until yesterday 2/9 i got the A email at like 8:30pm EST.
 
If attending classes is ur kryptonite then yes definitely a solid choice to withdraw.
It's not just about attending class, its a matter of being able to accurately document several hours of lecture material solely off of written notes. I never had to worry about that in undergrad, I can't even imagine trying to do that in med school
 
I interviewed on 12/12 and placed on WL a week later. I sent an email a week after I was placed on the WL, basically it was an LOI and telling them i would like to have an estimate timeline to prepare and give my current job enough time to hire someone else. They ghosted me until yesterday 2/9 i got the A email at like 8:30pm EST.
thanks bro
 
It's not just about attending class, its a matter of being able to accurately document several hours of lecture material solely off of written notes. I never had to worry about that in undergrad, I can't even imagine trying to do that in med school
Respectfully, if you’re having to rely on written down notes while in lecture, you’re doing it wrong. Not sure how you did undergrad, but by jotting down quick notes or marking slides that your professor spends more time on, it’ll make it easier for you to review materials that are high-yield for exams and quizzes.

Your studying in medical school will be largely self-driven.

I also recently toured and they said that lectures are not mandatory - only the lab courses and TBLs are.
 
Respectfully, if you’re having to rely on written down notes while in lecture, you’re doing it wrong. Not sure how you did undergrad, but by jotting down quick notes or marking slides that your professor spends more time on, it’ll make it easier for you to review materials that are high-yield for exams and quizzes.

Your studying in medical school will be largely self-driven.

I also recently toured and they said that lectures are not mandatory - only the lab courses and TBLs are.
They also told me that it's only the lab courses and TBL and that's kind of my point of sharing this. Apparently it realistically ends up being one mandatory event in the morning and one mandatory event in the afternoon. Every day. If you're choosing to ignore what I'm saying, that's totally up to you. If you're a good fit, that's great. Everyone deserves to make an informed decision
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Applied super late to the school. (OOS)

Submitted Primary Application - 1/18
Submitted Secondary Application - 1/21

Interview Invite - 1/21
Interviewed - 2/6

Accepted! - 2/9


Made an account here to ask if there's an accepted students groupme?
I paid my deposit in Feb and they told me that the accepted students GroupMe should be sent by next month! Just found that out today
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1

Wait, really? I thought they were supposed to get back to us within 2 to 3 weeks? I had my interview about 10 days ago and I didn’t get an update. I’m not sure what to expect?
They had told our group at the time that it would take about 4-6 weeks. Based on your interview date, I'd say a few weeks from then is when you'd get a response. But some folks are getting a response a little earlier than that, so it's possible that could happen for you too.
 
1

Wait, really? I thought they were supposed to get back to us within 2 to 3 weeks? I had my interview about 10 days ago and I didn’t get an update. I’m not sure what to expect?
My group was told the same 4-6 weeks time period, but I heard back the next week, so I really don't think it's feasible to predict their timeline. But I'd expect them to start ramping up movement this month and next, for sure. Best of luck!