This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Green22

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hi, I am in the first semester of my sophomore yr in college. I am wondering, with the following info, am I making good progress in terms of setting myself up to be accepted into a MD school or am I lacking??

State of residence:Alabama
cGPA:3.87 (not sure about sGPA....ive only made one B ever in calculus1)
volunteering: volunteered as a counselor at a camp for kids with juvenile rheumatoid arthritis for 7 full days (spent each night there at the camp), volunteering currently at Ronald Mcdonald house (10hours so far but that is rising every week)
Also, I work part time at a courthouse close to where I live.

Thanks.
 
All listed sounds good. What prereqs have you taken?

You will also want
-some research experience (not entirely necessary but becoming increasingly common)
-more clinical experience
-continue volunteering
 
All listed sounds good. What prereqs have you taken?

You will also want
-some research experience (not entirely necessary but becoming increasingly common)
-more clinical experience
-continue volunteering
I have completed both English comp's, both biology pre reqs, math pre reqs, and I think social science? I'm going by UAB's pre reqs. I'm majoring biology, so I should exceed the pre reqs without trouble.