You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
APPIC Internship Match 2019-20-- Phase II
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interview invites from:
Virginia Beach city school district
Green chimneys
Jewish child care Association
Metrohealth
Curious if MetroHealth was a mass email? I haven't heard from them yet.
Phone call invitation to Skype/Zoom interview for Devereux adult services.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Curious if MetroHealth was a mass email? I haven't heard from them yet.
I don't think Metrohealth was a mass email as they personalized it with my name.
Invitation: Personalized email for University of Iowa
Personal email invite 3/4 letting me know I would be contacted to set up an interview time later this week at Missouri Health Sciences Psychology Consortium, Truman VA internship.
Congrats! I’m a current intern there. If you have any questions please let me know! It’s a great training site. As of this morning, all of us have successfully obtained postdocs. Good luck with everything, and let me know if there’s anything I can do to give you more information!
Yeah mine had my name on it. It seemed like a copy paste text but was addressed to me.Curious if MetroHealth was a mass email? I haven't heard from them yet.
ScottishPsyD
Full Member
Invitation to interview via Skype with Royal Oaks/Compass Health Dual Track (NPTC-Central region). Personal email (addressed by name) at 12.30pm (EST) .
Invitation: Phone call; Wichita Collaborative Internship Program- Prairie View site
For those interested in if the sites have begun communicating: I have received notifications for interviews from the Southern Arizona VA (3/3), Erie VA (2/28), Sioux Falls VA (3/2), and Nebraska/Western Iowa VA (3/1) all via email notifications. I received a rejection from the Dayton VA (2/28). I received notifications stating they received all materials, are reviewing, and will get back to me from the Memphis VA and the Eastern Kansas VA (both 2/28).
My friend has heard from Tewksbury Hospital but that is all I know about it. Anyone know how to make a list on the first page like there was in the other Phase I forum?
My friend has heard from Tewksbury Hospital but that is all I know about it. Anyone know how to make a list on the first page like there was in the other Phase I forum?
PsyDSunSky
Full Member
I’m sorry. Did you apply to other sites? I’m not sure how to differentiate the two but it seemed like a mass invite. AU was Friday and SU was todayWas it a mass invite or personal invite? Mostly curious because I’m a little sad I haven’t heard from them myself yet :/
ScottishPsyD
Full Member
Invitation to interview: NPTC (Great Lakes) - Centerstone. Email with link to doodle survey to select skype interview times. Received 3/3 at 2.44pm
Junebug1234
Full Member
Thank you! Yes, I did apply to other sites 🙂 here’s hoping for more interviews. And good luck to you during the interview process!I’m sorry. Did you apply to other sites? I’m not sure how to differentiate the two but it seemed like a mass invite. AU was Friday and SU was today
WorkingMan
Full Member
I just got a screener call from Kaiser Permanente to see if they wanted to invite me for an interview later in the week. It was pretty awkward. One of the questions they asked me was why I thought I didn't match in round 1.
I just got a screener call from Kaiser Permanente to see if they wanted to invite me for an interview later in the week. It was pretty awkward. One of the questions they asked me was why I thought I didn't match in round 1.
Sorry that happened! At the end of the day its like all you can do is be honest and hope they liked your answer. Fingers cross you move on to an actual interview.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Junebug1234
Full Member
Wow that’s tough! I’m sorry that happened. I would not love that experience (and frankly it might turn me off from the site) but if you like the site, hopefully they accept your answers today as honest and recognize the excellent candidate that you are!I just got a screener call from Kaiser Permanente to see if they wanted to invite me for an interview later in the week. It was pretty awkward. One of the questions they asked me was why I thought I didn't match in round 1.
WorkingMan
Full Member
I was tempted to ask them why they thought they did not fill all their positions...but I did not.Sorry that happened! At the end of the day its like all you can do is be honest and hope they liked your answer. Fingers cross you move on to an actual interview.
After speaking to interns at sites that are in Phase II, training directors also wonder themselves why they are here. Thus, I am also curious and tempted to ask why they are here too. Similar to you, I wouldn't ask it, as it could be taken the wrong way. If only there could be a feedback process to interview/ranking declines for applicants and training directors...that would certainly help with self-reflection and areas of growth.I was tempted to ask them why they thought they did not fill all their positions...but I did not.
WorkingMan
Full Member
I really like that idea. Perhaps if enough people comment on this in the survey, perhaps they could work in something like that. Especially given that so many sites are asking Phase II applicants that question. I'm not going to lie, it comes off as a bit aggressive to an already-way-too-stressed-out doctoral student. For me, it was definitely a turn off for them to ask me that, so they are much lower on my rank list because of it. (Not to mention that they introduced the phone call as a quick screener but then went on to ask full-on interview style questions about my supervision preferences and rotations I am interested in, etc.) But I also understand that there could be a perfectly benign reason they are asking.After speaking to interns at sites that are in Phase II, training directors also wonder themselves why they are here. Thus, I am also curious and tempted to ask why they are here too. Similar to you, I wouldn't ask it, as it could be taken the wrong way. If only there could be a feedback process to interview/ranking declines for applicants and training directors...that would certainly help with self-reflection and areas of growth.
Excellent site! I interviewed with them during the universal interview day. Good luck!
Invitation to interview via Skype with Royal Oaks/Compass Health Dual Track (NPTC-Central region). Personal email (addressed by name) at 12.30pm (EST) .
I really like that idea. Perhaps if enough people comment on this in the survey, perhaps they could work in something like that. Especially given that so many sites are asking Phase II applicants that question. I'm not going to lie, it comes off as a bit aggressive to an already-way-too-stressed-out doctoral student. For me, it was definitely a turn off for them to ask me that, so they are much lower on my rank list because of it. (Not to mention that they introduced the phone call as a quick screener but then went on to ask full-on interview style questions about my supervision preferences and rotations I am interested in, etc.) But I also understand that there could be a perfectly benign reason they are asking.
I think that’s definitely an off-putting question! It may just be that they are curious, or a way is judging how applicants are handling a stressful situation, or they are truly insensitive, etc.
Don’t let your imposter syndrome kick in! I hear over and over about all the amazing applicants that match to great fits in Phase II. You got this.
Invitation to interview via Skype with Royal Oaks/Compass Health Dual Track (NPTC-Central region). Personal email (addressed by name) at 12.30pm (EST) .
I interviewed with them! I really liked the LP I Skyped with. They retain a lot of interns for post-doc positions. I think that says a lot!
Invitation from University of Nevada-Las Vegas (mass email); 30 minute phone interview
Personal email invitation to Skype interview with the Mary A. Rackham Institute.
Phase II is such a rollercoaster you guys. I was so bummed to not match, then I worked like crazy to do 19 cover letters in less than a week, and now everything is happening so fast! My little squirrel heart can’t take it. [emoji883]
Phase II is such a rollercoaster you guys. I was so bummed to not match, then I worked like crazy to do 19 cover letters in less than a week, and now everything is happening so fast! My little squirrel heart can’t take it. [emoji883]
Phase II is such a rollercoaster you guys. I was so bummed to not match, then I worked like crazy to do 19 cover letters in less than a week, and now everything is happening so fast! My little squirrel heart can’t take it. [emoji883]
I feel you! I only applied to 13 but am trying to keep the anxiety calm while waiting to (hopefully) hear back from places. Hoping the rest of this week brings good news.
WorkingMan
Full Member
Received invitation on 3/1 to interview at UC Santa Cruz on 3/7.
WorkingMan
Full Member
Got an email from a university site saying that they are still in the process of deciding who to invite for interviews. So...if you are feeling super antsy, just remember that sites are still busy processing all the applications. Just because you have not heard anything yet does not necessarily mean anything one way or the other.
NeuroNerdsUnite
Full Member
My goodness this past week and now have been crazy. Between all the cover letters, midterm paper, and practicum reports, I've written around 60 single spaced pages! I decided to apply to 11 sites with a majority of them centered around where my wife matched. What's awesome is that I've only heard back from my Colorado sites.
Brain and Body Integration: personal email, and interview completed via teleconference with the training director.
University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Personal phone call with the interview taking place tomorrow via phone.
Colorado department of corrections: personal email invite and interview on Thursday via phone.
Good luck everyone as you continue to balance phase 2 responsibilities with everything else you have to manage.
Brain and Body Integration: personal email, and interview completed via teleconference with the training director.
University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Personal phone call with the interview taking place tomorrow via phone.
Colorado department of corrections: personal email invite and interview on Thursday via phone.
Good luck everyone as you continue to balance phase 2 responsibilities with everything else you have to manage.
Oof, yup. Have heard back from 8 sites, waiting on 9 others, while writing psych evals, group notes, individual notes, RA work, dissertation... I want to go on a break from computers hahahaMy goodness this past week and now have been crazy. Between all the cover letters, midterm paper, and practicum reports, I've written around 60 single spaced pages! I decided to apply to 11 sites with a majority of them centered around where my wife matched. What's awesome is that I've only heard back from my Colorado sites.
Brain and Body Integration: personal email, and interview completed via teleconference with the training director.
University of Colorado Colorado Springs. Personal phone call with the interview taking place tomorrow via phone.
Colorado department of corrections: personal email invite and interview on Thursday via phone.
Good luck everyone as you continue to balance phase 2 responsibilities with everything else you have to manage.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
PsyDSunSky
Full Member
Good luck to you too love! Take care of yourselfThank you! Yes, I did apply to other sites 🙂 here’s hoping for more interviews. And good luck to you during the interview process!
Junebug1234
Full Member
I feel you both (and I'm sure everyone else on this thread can relate)! I find myselfOof, yup. Have heard back from 8 sites, waiting on 9 others, while writing psych evals, group notes, individual notes, RA work, dissertation... I want to go on a break from computers hahaha
❤️❤️ same to you 🙂Good luck to you too love! Take care of yourself
psych123chi
Full Member
Received an email yesterday from Kennedy Krieger that they are reviewing my application. Good to finally hear something from somewhere!
3/5 8:51am FSU MDC personal email with interview dates on 3/6-7, 3/11, 3/14-15.
Last edited:
3/5: University of Nebraska-Lincoln; mass email; interview dates for this week only
3/5: University of Notre Dame; Mass Email; interview dates next week
3/5: University of Notre Dame; Mass Email; interview dates next week
Last edited:
PsyDSunSky
Full Member
VA White River Junction Mass email
3/5 8:51am FSU MDC personal email with interview dates on 3/6-7, 3/11, 3/14-15.
Me as well! Good luck to you.
psych123chi
Full Member
Marcus Autism Center email on 3/5 to schedule a video interview. 3/6, 3/7, 3/8, 3/11, 3/12, 3/14 various times.
Also waiting on Ohio State. Had rapid fire emails yesterday but radio silence again today!Hello wonderful people! Has anyone heard from Ohio State University or University of Arkansas for medical sciences?
WorkingMan
Full Member
Has anybody heard from University of Houston or University of Houston-Clear Lake?
SukiCvilleBoston
Full Member
Hi guys. Has anyone heard from Vancouver Coastal Health, Edmonton Consortium, or University of Missouri-DHP Peds Neuropsych track?
I mentioned before that I’m a current intern, so feel free to pm me with any questions about the site!Interview invite from Harry S. Truman VA, sent 3/5, interview options for today-friday and next tuesday.
3/5 Personal email invites from McGuire VA and Western NY VA requesting availability for this week and next.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Email invite from Washburn Center for Children, interviews offered thurs, mon, tues, thurs.
Still waiting on those ones too!Hi guys. Has anyone heard from Vancouver Coastal Health, Edmonton Consortium, or University of Missouri-DHP Peds Neuropsych track?
Mary and William UCC Invite; Zoom or Phone; 3/8, 3/12, 3/13
3/5 1:58pm personal email from South Island Child & Youth Mental Health Services requesting availability 3/12-14; phone.