Back to Basics WW: A Cycling Edition - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So you were more comfortable staying on a jokey vote, when I believe Stagg also had IRL stuff? Not trying to be rude just wanted to make sure I understand completely.
Sorry, on mobile and missed this. Yes I was more comfortable staying on him, than throwing down a vote that was lacking in analysis on my part. I know a joke vote isn't much better, but I didn't want to vote elsewhere "just because"

Members don't see this ad.

So...you're also echoing lol
not exactly. I had my own thoughts about kata's posts, and I was curious to see how others were feeling. As the only vote on kata right now, how am I echoing?

D2 Absentee Mod Lynch Tally

MJ (1) - AM
bryndi (3) - dolphin, Skim, genny
Weim () -
cheat (2) - pippy, bryndy
allie (1) - PCC
raf (1) - jboo
PCC (1) - weim
dolphin (1) - sporty
kata (1) - raf

missing: cheat, kata, allie, mj

11/15

Lynch close ~ 30 min

mShsGD9.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't like Raf's logic on D1 that wolves were more likely to get on the thread earlier. I've seen that logic work for night closes, but for D1 (even with tags not working properly) seems like a giant stretch and definitely shouldn't be your 'only feels.'

Weim's comments about ties are strange as heck. I could see it as an attempt to talk strategy and contribute without wolf hunting, and it's possible she didn't realize how non-village it sounded. I don't like her follow up posts to the original comment, either. My better half started the day with a WM lynch and I'm not really seeing her Allie feels.

I'm back!

Just read through today.

The weim tie situation still bothers me, but now that I'm re-analyzing the situation, I'm seeing what you guys are saying about it being too risky for her to put herself out there like that if wolf. And yeah, my logic was pretty tinfoil-y, but thats how I tend to think in WW, and I throw it out there for others to see to see if people agree or not. I still think that's better than just throwing a vote down with no reasons, but whatevs.

for now, unlynch weim

Weim peaked my interest saying that cray acted similarly in a past game when she was a wolf. I haven't played a ton with cray, so I'm wondering if anyone else had any thoughts on that.

Other than that weird end of lynch situation, cray has seemed normal to me, so I'm interested to see how the PCC hydra turns out.

My thought re: the bolded is that it's not a comment she would have made thinking it was going to be risky. It's where her head space is.

Unlynch Allie

Lynch Weim

I don't like Raf's logic on D1 that wolves were more likely to get on the thread earlier. I've seen that logic work for night closes, but for D1 (even with tags not working properly) seems like a giant stretch and definitely shouldn't be your 'only feels.'

Weim's comments about ties are strange as heck. I could see it as an attempt to talk strategy and contribute without wolf hunting, and it's possible she didn't realize how non-village it sounded. I don't like her follow up posts to the original comment, either. My better half started the day with a WM lynch and I'm not really seeing her Allie feels.

My thought re: the bolded is that it's not a comment she would have made thinking it was going to be risky. It's where her head space is.

Unlynch Allie

Lynch Weim
How do you feel about Allie not voting yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Do YOU think she will flip village? She's not reading wolfy to me. Considering her history as an easy lynch and the way that this lynch has formed, I don't see a reason not to be uncomfortable with it.

Why are you asking me? You're the one seeming to object to the lynch. Are you going to move to save her?

Do YOU think she will flip village? She's not reading wolfy to me. Considering her history as an easy lynch and the way that this lynch has formed, I don't see a reason not to be uncomfortable with it.
You're making it seem like it's a runaway bandwagon. She has 3 votes. I don't see you switching to cheat to try to save her.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm probably tunneling. But after Stagg flipped village I wanted to look at those on his lynch and I'm feeling the strongest towards MJ still. I'm trying not to let my judgement be clouded by him asking for a sub...but I feel like subs just add a whole other layer to the game and rather than letting someone sneak by because we're giving them a chance to participate more as a sub...I'd rather just lynch now.

Why are you asking me? You're the one seeming to object to the lynch. Are you going to move to save her?
You're making it seem like it's a runaway bandwagon. She has 3 votes. I don't see you switching to cheat to try to save her.
I do not have a problem with a cheat lynch, but I do have a problem with ending the lynch in a tie.

Unofficial D2 Lynch Tally

MJ (1) - AM, allie
Weim (1) - PCC
allie () -
raf (1) - jboo
PCC (1) - weim
dolphin (1) - sporty
kata (1) - raf

missing: cheat, kata, mj

12/15

Lynch close ~ 14 min

mShsGD9.gif

High snark level must be a wolf. :p
Lynch pippy

Hey guys sorry just now getting on. Had a pretty busy day and now just got some down time. I'm reading through and this one sticks out a lot. Like how can you assume wolf attributes if you aren't a wolf. Seems like a pretty bold statement IMO. So for now lynch dolphin

Hey guys sorry just now getting on. Had a pretty busy day and now just got some down time. I'm reading through and this one sticks out a lot. Like how can you assume wolf attributes if you aren't a wolf. Seems like a pretty bold statement IMO. So for now lynch dolphin

What?

Lol what...my joke vote is what sticks out the most

I'm probably tunneling. But after Stagg flipped village I wanted to look at those on his lynch and I'm feeling the strongest towards MJ still. I'm trying not to let my judgement be clouded by him asking for a sub...but I feel like subs just add a whole other layer to the game and rather than letting someone sneak by because we're giving them a chance to participate more as a sub...I'd rather just lynch now.

Why did you explain your vote for MJ yesterday as a test vote and move off when Weim switched him into the lead?

This gets my feels going, actually.

It's D2. He's subbing out really early in the game, and has so few posts that if the mods can sub him out tonight there will be very little to make reading the new player any more complicated than normal.

What does it meaaaaan

Is this . . . is this for real?

Reactions: 1 users
Unofficial D2 Lynch Tally

MJ (2) - AM, allie
Weim (1) - PCC
allie () -
raf (1) - jboo
PCC (1) - weim
dolphin (2) - sporty, cheat
kata (1) - raf

missing: kata, mj

13/15

Lynch close ~ 9 min

mShsGD9.gif

Why did you explain your vote for MJ yesterday as a test vote and move off when Weim switched him into the lead?
He was never in the lead. Weim switched her vote and created a tie. I got weird feels from her post with her vote switch and moved my vote to her.
My vote for MJ yesterday was for totally different reasons than today...I'm voting for him in the light of Stagg flipping village.

could go with cheat for what pippy bolded, but I don't like ties.

lynch allie

because that post sets me off.
when i was looking earlier, indy had been leading for most of the day but never really defended. maybe she has by now though, gotta get a vote in before close though.

D2 Absentee Mod Lynch Tally

MJ (2) - AM, allie
Weim (1) - PCC
allie (1) - kata
raf (1) - jboo
PCC (1) - weim
kata (1) - raf

missing: mj

14/15

Lynch close ~ 2 min

mShsGD9.gif

could go with cheat for what pippy bolded, but I don't like ties.

lynch allie

because that post sets me off.
when i was looking earlier, indy had been leading for most of the day but never really defended. maybe she has by now though, gotta get a vote in before close though.

gross

Sorry, on mobile and missed this. Yes I was more comfortable staying on him, than throwing down a vote that was lacking in analysis on my part. I know a joke vote isn't much better, but I didn't want to vote elsewhere "just because"
Okay, I understand that. But I don’t know i still don’t completely agree but maybe we just have a difference of opinion on it. And I do like not voting for someone just because. But I am confused by the cheat vote for me, and am willing to keep you around

Unlynch Bryndi
Lynch cheat

D2 Final Tally

MJ (2) - AM, allie
bryndi () -
Weim (1) - PCC
cheat (4) - pippy, bryndy, skim, dolphin
allie (1) - kata
raf (1) - jboo
PCC (1) - weim
kata (1) - raf

missing: mj, genny

13/15

Check your votes!

Yeah I know it sounded weird I was rapid typing bc it was close to ten. I meant in the fact, that I had feels about the explanation Bryndi gave but I slightly agreed enough to unlynch. I didn’t see her reveal of the protector before I posted.

Sigh.. well I tried. Have fun playing fools

The next 12.5 miles were quite eventful. At some point after the 1st rest stop, it seems @Crayola227 decided to switch to a tandem bike for the remaining 87.5 miles with @PrincessButterCup pedaling along with her. Everyone else seemed content with their own bikes and kept pedaling. The miles passed uneventfully with @WildZoo taking the pull position while Karabou drafted her. There were some mild hills but nothing too daunting yet. The 2nd rest stop pulled into view. Pickerington High School was the 25 mile rest stop and the finish line for those only riding 25 miles. For those in the KaraZoo peloton, this wouldn't be their finish.

It seems that the mild hills outdid one as @cheathac came riding into the rest stop, hands on hips and having a difficult time breathing. Her choice of bike might not have been the best idea as it was a mountain bike rather than a road bike. However, there have been those crazy enough to venture the century with a mountain bike who have made it to the finish line. Just takes a little extra effort which Cheat didn't seem to have. Deciding 25 miles was all she could do, she went to the see what the celebration was like at the 25 mile finish.

ezgif-4-f051cb0cf8.jpg

Dead is @cheathac, Rider - Vanilla Townie

Finished grabbing more gatorade and snacks, Karabou and Dubz headed out recharged for the next 10 miles and the elevation increase that would start to get noticeable. As they pulled out, they noticed once rider who seemed to think this was a relay rather than a ride. @Mad Jack got off his bike at the stop and handed it off to @capri1722 who was waiting for this moment. Hopefully the bike will be fitted well for her as she has the difficult task of riding the hilly 75 miles yet to come.

It is now N2. 14 riders remain. Night closes at 6:30am est (or early if all actions in and mod is around)

Cyclists
1. @PrincessButterCup / @Crayola227
2. @johnnaboo
3. @PippyPony
4. @raf2769
5. @Animal Midwife
6. @Skimble
9. @bryndiana.jones
10. @dolphin106258
12. @genny
13. @katashark
14. @SportPonies