Bake and They WWill Come - Sign-Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Contingency Lynch Sporty
because I think the 3 people that voted for me tonight are the wolves. So, if Sporty is not the wolf, Cray definitely is. I'm posting this now because I have to go to bed and if I die, these are the people I would go after.
On the one hand, I think that's a little too obvious. On the other hand, those are my top 2 suspects after MJ. On the other other hand, the three of them (MJ, Sporty, and Cray) have now voted together two days in a row, which is interesting.

If I had to rank the remaining players in terms of sketch level: Cray, Sporty, Genny, Paws, Moose
ETA it should go without saying that this is not the order I would lynch in, however.

Now it's time for bed. 😴
 
*Surprise! An absentee mod has been spotted (I know people were starting to doubt I had any part in this game -- you're right, I'm primarily a figurehead mod)*

Several accusations flew throughout the day and a few stray spatulas were thrown. One happened to hit a certain someone in the head, leading to a major meltdown.

Furious, MJ banged his fist on the counter. "This is ridiculous. How dare anyone doubt me? Have I done nothing but lead you all in the best way possible? I'm *THE* sous chef. I demand respect!"

Some animals were through with this nutty squirrel's tirades. "I saw MJ filling all of the bags of sugar with salt. He's a fraud!" The hangry players descended into anarchy, burying MJ alive. That salt will mummify him, right?
Lynched is @Mad Jack , squirrel (WOLF), who could choose one player each night to determine their ability. Enjoy the great beyond, Mayor Sous Chef :flame:.

It is now N8. Night tentatively will end at **9am** EST aka whenever KB dang well pleases.

Hungry Hippos
2. @Crayola227
3. @Miranda Senft
5. @capri1722
14. @SportPonies
15. @StayingPositive2017
16. @genny

Roadkill
10. @Glammyre, lightning rod
11. @greeneyegal92, bomb
1. AMel (@Animal Midwife & @Melchizedek), vote controller
6. @johnnaboo, vanilla
7. @WildZoo, samurai
12. @mmmdreamerz, vanilla
4. @MixedAnimals77, virgin
13. @PrincessButterCup, vanilla
9. @kcoughli, protector
8. @Mad Jack , ability seer/MAYOR Sous Chef!
Did he have a mayor ability? Are we allowed to know?
@Karabiner13 @kaydubs @CoffeeQuestionMark
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The night was back to being a dangerous time and without a mama bear to protect everyone, it was even more worrisome. No one slept, too afraid that they would be the next one to go. @genny had been attacked once before but mama bear @kcoughli had done her job well and genny survived. Tonight, like many had in this kitchen, genny decided she needed a midnight snack. She cautiously made her way to the kitchen where she noticed a platter of snickerdoodles.

The mods walked into the kitchen and found genny slumped on the counter. The platter of cookies was in fact not snickerdoodles but rather chilidoodles. Seems if your granddaughter is given a chilidoodle, you better make sure she’s not taking things from strangers.

Dead is @genny, granddaughter, vanilla

During the night, a hungry hippo materialized in the kitchen after a long layover flight and decided that a chocolate chip cookie, apple cinnamon streusel muffin, and a vanilla buttercream frosted chocolate cupcake would make for a good midnight snack. All items were quickly devoured and rendered useless.

Looking around at an even smaller number now. Everyone realized it was time to sink or swim again.

It is now D9. Lynch will end at 10:30pm EST

Hungry Hippos
2. @Crayola227
3. @Miranda Senft
5. @capri1722
14. @SportPonies
15. @StayingPositive2017

Roadkill
10. @Glammyre, lightning rod
11. @greeneyegal92, bomb
1. AMel (@Animal Midwife & @Melchizedek), vote controller
6. @johnnaboo, vanilla
7. @WildZoo, samurai
12. @mmmdreamerz, vanilla
4. @MixedAnimals77, virgin
13. @PrincessButterCup, vanilla
9. @kcoughli, protector
8. @Mad Jack, ability seer/MAYOR Sous Chef!
16. @genny, vanilla
 
Lynch Tracker

D1 Sous Chef Tally
paws (4) - paws, AMel, MOOSE, mixy, MOOSE, sporty
jboo (2) - jboo, glam, dubz, capri
pbc (1) - kc, MOOSE, pbc
wz
(1) - mj
mj (6) - glam, dubz, 3m, genny, kcough, mixy
missing: cray, greeney



D2 Final Lynch Tally

AMel (2) - j. crew, sporty, cray
MOOSE () - AMel
mj () - kc
greeney (6) - mixy, MOOSE, genny, capri, mj, kcough
paws () - genny
Capri (4) - pbc, AMel, paws, mj, sporty
Kc () - mj
genny (1) - 3m
3m
(1) - dubz
Missing: greeney



Final D3 Lynch Tally
jboo (5)
- genny, MOOSE, mixy, paws, capri
MOOSE () - jboo
3m (3) - kcough, pbc, mj
Genny (4) - dubz, 3m, sporty, capri, jboo
mj () - paws
Missing: cray



Final D4 Lynch Tally

MOOSE (1) - 3m
mixy
(1) - cray
3m (6) - kcough, Mixy, pbc, mj, MOOSE, capri
Capri (2) - genny, paws
pbc (1) - sporty



D5 Final Lynch Tally

Capri (1) - paws, mixy, paws, moose, sporty
Pbc (2) - moose, sporty, Cray, mj
Cray (5) - genny, paws, pbc, moose, capri
MJ () - kcough, paws, pbc, capri
Sporty () - paws
Missing: kcough



Final D6 Lynch Tally
Cray (7)
- sporty, paws, mj, kc, moose, capri, genny
Moose (1) - genny, Cray



D7 Lynch Tally

Moose () - paws
MJ (4) - paws, moose, capri, paws, genny, moose
Capri (4) - kcough, sporty, paws, mj, moose, kcough, cray
Sporty () - genny, kcough, capri



D7 D8 Lynch Tally
MJ (4) -
capri, moose, paws, genny, paws, cray
Moose (3) - paws, mj, sporty, cray
 
On the one hand, I think that's a little too obvious. On the other hand, those are my top 2 suspects after MJ. On the other other hand, the three of them (MJ, Sporty, and Cray) have now voted together two days in a row, which is interesting.

If I had to rank the remaining players in terms of sketch level: Cray, Sporty, Genny, Paws, Moose
ETA it should go without saying that this is not the order I would lynch in, however.

Now it's time for bed. 😴
Why sporty? Is that who you plan on voting for?
 
D9 Lynch Tally

Sporty (1)
- moose
Moose (1) - paws

2/5

Deadline ~ 11 hours

1439325099_nancy.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Why sporty? Is that who you plan on voting for?
The more I think about it the sketchier she seems. Like of course there's the fact that she voted with Cray and MJ for two days in a row. But she's also never voted for MJ even once this whole game, not even with waffles included. Not just that, but she also soft defended MJ at times:

I've not played as many games as some other players in this game, but I've seen ability seering equally as wolf and village.... and if we don't have an affiliation seer, I wouldnt be surprised to see the ability seer on the village side instead.

-I’ve never actually seen MJ throw a rage quit like that as a wolf. The game I wolfed with him in, he tried to skim by through to the end, because it always got him out of a lot of lynches. His pissiness really reads mislynched villager to me.

There was also this exchange (immediately after the first Cray lynch/MJ's initial role reveal) where Sporty appeared to be PR hunting:

...or MJ has to vote for her and someone better protect him?

You say that as though you know there's a protector?

What the eff with the power role hunting, Sporty?????

My guess with the lynch votes seeming "too perfect" or whatever is that the wolves thought, "Hey, it's lylo, they haven't lynched a single wolf, the chances that they'll lynch all three of us back-to-back-to-back seem pretty low, so we can afford to be less careful and/or lose one wolf."
 
The more I think about it the sketchier she seems. Like of course there's the fact that she voted with Cray and MJ for two days in a row. But she's also never voted for MJ even once this whole game, not even with waffles included. Not just that, but she also soft defended MJ at times:





There was also this exchange (immediately after the first Cray lynch/MJ's initial role reveal) where Sporty appeared to be PR hunting:







My guess with the lynch votes seeming "too perfect" or whatever is that the wolves thought, "Hey, it's lylo, they haven't lynched a single wolf, the chances that they'll lynch all three of us back-to-back-to-back seem pretty low, so we can afford to be less careful and/or lose one wolf."
She didn't think MJ was wolfy in PM either, but honestly, he skated by on the mayor thing I think. It just seems very unlikely that she would protect a fellow wolf so obviously.

What are your thoughts on Moose and Cray?
 
She didn't think MJ was wolfy in PM either, but honestly, he skated by on the mayor thing I think. It just seems very unlikely that she would protect a fellow wolf so obviously.

What are your thoughts on Moose and Cray?
Agree, he did skate by on the mayor thing...for a while. Not forever. At some point before and after his role reveal, there were things that made him seem off and to never have voted for him ever seems weird to me.

Moose has been reading strongly village to me. I did have doubts yesterday based on the death avoidance she shared being the counter to MJ's wolf vote thing, but mods won't verify whether that was indeed his mayoral power or not so I think it's best to take it as a lie.

Cray...it's been said before and I'll say it again, kill that which doesn't die. Of course I don't think it's a good idea to lynch her unless we can manage to lynch the third wolf today.
 
@Miranda Senft
What are your thoughts on Capri?
Hey, I got back from mist netting and fell asleep 😛
I think Capri is villager due to the MJ railroading and she seems super normal in chat.
On another note, I think I found something! So, ignoring the Day 1 Sous Chef nomination because I don't think it was the wolves' intention to have MJ be mayor since the people that proposed it are dead.
If we look at the Day 2 Lynch, MJ picked the "winning side" with Greeny while Sporty and Cray initially voted for AMel (Sporty ended up voting for Capri) but then AMel died that night!
Day 3 was a bit of a mess but MJ voted for 3m while Sporty voted for Genny and then Cray didn't vote at all that day but that was the night that Dubz died (don't really have a cool a-ha for that night).
Day 4, MJ once again votes with the village against 3m while Cray votes for Mixy and Sporty votes for PBC and Mixy is killed that night!
Day 5 The village all votes for Cray but Sporty, Cray, AND MJ all vote for PBC. We lynch Cray, who survives, but PBC is night-killed!
Day 6 We all vote for Cray this time (including Sporty and MJ) but by this time they have to jump on because of the village bandwagon. No one dies that night (is this the night Genny was saved by KC?)
Day 7 Cray, MJ, and Sporty all vote for Capri (with KC, but she's villager so that's moot), and then that's when the f*ckery of the tie happened, so nobody died in lynch. That's when KC was night-killed (hopefully someone can have a good explanation for this one, but I think since KC finally got in their way and prevented Genny's death, they had to eliminate her).
Day 8 Cray initially voted for MJ, then waffled to me at the last second while Sporty always kept her vote with me. MJ voted for me as a way to avoid his own lynching.
Therefore, I highly suspect Sporty and Cray are the other wolves.
 
We seriously think MJ cray and sporty risked voting together two nights? I was thinking yesterday might be a last ditch effort by sporty to save mj but your post makes me think sporty just trusted cray and mj too much. I'm just not sure... :bang:
My problem is that Sporty NEVER ended up voting with the "majority"! All the people that Sporty ended up voting alongside are either dead or our suspects (and he voted with you Day 2 but, again, that was early in the game and it was for Capri who seemed sketch at the time). Plus, I think it makes sense that MJ would usually vote with the majority (except when it was against Cray) because he was the wolf that had to convince us he was on our side! Cray and Sporty always voted for whoever seemed like an "obscure" person but one of those people usually died in the night! You can't tell me that's just a coincidence!
 
I'm at work so only had a chance to skim... but you guys seriously think that I would knowingly defend a wolf that hard, and then vote alongside him and Cray (who is obviously wolf #2) TWO nights in a row? That's insanity, and I hope you realize how stupid of a move that would be for me to make if I were a wolf.
 
My problem is that Sporty NEVER ended up voting with the "majority"! All the people that Sporty ended up voting alongside are either dead or our suspects (and he voted with you Day 2 but, again, that was early in the game and it was for Capri who seemed sketch at the time). Plus, I think it makes sense that MJ would usually vote with the majority (except when it was against Cray) because he was the wolf that had to convince us he was on our side! Cray and Sporty always voted for whoever seemed like an "obscure" person but one of those people usually died in the night! You can't tell me that's just a coincidence!
This entire post sounds so much like grasping at straws, it hurts. "Obscure" person? voting with the majority? I don't think you understand wolf tells in a voting record yet. Or you're just intentionally trying to pull things out of your butt that sound legit in hopes of getting me lynched.

D9 Lynch Tally

Sporty (1)
- moose, capri
Moose (1) - paws

3/5

Deadline ~ 6 hours

1439325099_nancy.gif
Math is hard, it's okay
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This entire post sounds so much like grasping at straws, it hurts. "Obscure" person? voting with the majority? I don't think you understand wolf tells in a voting record yet. Or you're just intentionally trying to pull things out of your butt that sound legit in hopes of getting me lynched.


Math is hard, it's okay

I went to bed at 3am so not running at my best even with koffee having done close
 
Look. @capri1722 or @Miranda Senft:
One of you is village and you need to realize that no wolf is going to vote like that. I will eat WZs hat if sporty is the wolf. I just don't see it.
One of you needs to convince me it's sporty if you are that sure or else the votes are going to be split and cray gets to tie break at Lynch close which clearly looses it for village.

Moose have you always thought Capri was village?
 
@Crayola227:
Wanna give us reads today since you say you aren't a wolf? Thoughts on sporty, Capri, moose, and myself would be greatly appreciated.

I think you've flown under the radar a lot of the game, and here at the end you're trying to run things like Moose to look more village, with the 20 Q thing. Not that questions are bad in this game.

Same with Moose.
 
Agree, he did skate by on the mayor thing...for a while. Not forever. At some point before and after his role reveal, there were things that made him seem off and to never have voted for him ever seems weird to me.

Moose has been reading strongly village to me. I did have doubts yesterday based on the death avoidance she shared being the counter to MJ's wolf vote thing, but mods won't verify whether that was indeed his mayoral power or not so I think it's best to take it as a lie.

Cray...it's been said before and I'll say it again, kill that which doesn't die. Of course I don't think it's a good idea to lynch her unless we can manage to lynch the third wolf today.

what makes you so certain how many wolves there are?
 
@capri1722 have you talked to Sporty in pm at all?
No, because I don't typically PM unless PM'd first.
I'm at work so only had a chance to skim... but you guys seriously think that I would knowingly defend a wolf that hard, and then vote alongside him and Cray (who is obviously wolf #2) TWO nights in a row? That's insanity, and I hope you realize how stupid of a move that would be for me to make if I were a wolf.
See, here's where I have trouble deciding if you're the "it might just be crazy enough to work!" type, and then I get into WIFOM territory.
I went to bed at 3am so not running at my best even with koffee having done close
Koffing-Koffee-Mug.jpg
Look. @capri1722 or @Miranda Senft:
One of you is village and you need to realize that no wolf is going to vote like that. I will eat WZs hat if sporty is the wolf. I just don't see it.
One of you needs to convince me it's sporty if you are that sure or else the votes are going to be split and cray gets to tie break at Lynch close which clearly looses it for village.

Moose have you always thought Capri was village?
Ok then, you agree that Cray is a wolf, yes? How do you rank the remaining players in terms of likelihood to be a wolf? What makes you think I or Moose are the most likely suspects for the third wolf?
Here's my first waffle of the day:
Unlynch moose
Lynch Capri


Wolf on wolf interaction with MJ to buy village credit for who lived
Lol no, I don't go that hard in bussing.
 
I went to bed at 3am so not running at my best even with koffee having done close

Normally things misspelled with a k bug me, but I am amused right now

lol this is sort of in line with a BDSM practice for Mistresses, where everything having to do with Them is capitalized because They are such Goddesses. Kara drinks koffee because all things k are the best? I like it. It's kool.

Or this is just insane.

/end crazy digression
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because mods have all but said we're at lylo yesterday/today. We had 7 yesterday, lynched a wolf, lost a villager overnight, and have 5 today. So it goes that we have 2 wolves and 3 villagers remaining.

why no chaos?

several people keep asserting that if there were chaos the game would be over. how do you know what chaos' win condition is?
 
Ok then, you agree that Cray is a wolf, yes? How do you rank the remaining players in terms of likelihood to be a wolf? What makes you think I or Moose are the most likely suspects for the third wolf?

Lol no, I don't go that hard in bussing.
Hell yes cray is a wolf. The only person that says otherwise is cray.

Here's what I said to sporty in PM:

I thought moose was village for most of the game, less now after yesterday.

I thought Capri was wolfy for most of the game, less now after theMJfight (which could have all been faked I guess, and they were trying to buy village credit for MJ?)
 
Hell yes cray is a wolf. The only person that says otherwise is cray.

Here's what I said to sporty in PM:

I thought moose was village for most of the game, less now after yesterday.

I thought Capri was wolfy for most of the game, less now after theMJfight (which could have all been faked I guess, and they were trying to buy village credit for MJ?)
You're right about at least one of those things. 😉
What makes you think Sporty is village?
And you didn't really answer my question about what makes you think Moose or I are wolfy...
Tbh I'd be more willing to concede on my vote if it wasn't lylo, but lylo gets me all kinds of paranoid.