This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lickerwhicker

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Aren't you supposed to be a kpop star? ;)

Jk, but in all seriousness - Your stats and ECs are great, so you should definitely aim high. Your list is full of top 20, would definitely include some mid-tiers such as BU, Tufts(but insanely high tuition), UMiami, Jefferson. Would remove NYMC, SUNY Downstate (heavy IS), OSU, Maryland, and Temple. Add Hopkins, maybe remove NYU and Vandy. I'll defer to adcoms for a complete list

Members don't see this ad :)
Aren't you supposed to be a kpop star? ;)

Jk, but in all seriousness - Your stats and ECs are great, so you should definitely aim high. Your list is full of top 20, would definitely include some mid-tiers such as BU, Tufts(but insanely high tuition), UMiami, Jefferson. Would remove NYMC, SUNY Downstate (heavy IS), OSU, Maryland, and Temple. Add Hopkins, maybe remove NYU and Vandy. I'll defer to adcoms for a complete list

Haha! I was thinking about applying to BU and Jefferson, but i heard those schools are "low-yield." Should I still apply anyways? And do you suggest removing NYU and Vandy b/c my stats are lower than their median MCAT/GPA?

It's up to you. NYU/Vandy have median MCATs of 520 I believe, so you are only slightly less. A lot of the top schools on your list are slightly above your MCAT. Invest in the MSAR.

I would pick either BU OR Tufts, Hofstra OR Rochester. I guess you don't really need to have Jefferson. Also is there a reason why you have EVMS/VCU/UVA (connection to VA?) Perhaps only keep UVA or remove all three. Remove Rush unless you identify with their mission and have 800-1000+ service hours. Remove UCR/UCI unless you're from the Inland empire.

Again, I am no expert so I'll let @Goro or @gyngyn chime in.

You're golden, so nothing wrong with aiming high. If that is your photo in your avatar, do change it for privacy's sake.

Of your list, I recommend:

UCD
UCI
UCLA
UCR
UCSD
UCSF
USC/Keck
Stanford
Johns Hopkins
Vandy

Columbia
Duke
Harvard
UPenn
Yale
WashU (?)
UChicago
NYU
Northwestern
Mt. Sinai
Cornell
Pittsburgh
Case Western
UMichigan
Emory
Albert Einstein
Rochester (maybe)
Dartmouth
Hofstra
UMiami
UVA
BU
Stony Brook
UCincinnati OR OSU OR U VM OR U AZ OR U IA

It's up to you. NYU/Vandy have median MCATs of 520 I believe, so you are only slightly less. A lot of the top schools on your list are slightly above your MCAT. Invest in the MSAR.

I would pick either BU OR Tufts, Hofstra OR Rochester. I guess you don't really need to have Jefferson. Also is there a reason why you have EVMS/VCU/UVA (connection to VA?) Perhaps only keep UVA or remove all three. Remove Rush unless you identify with their mission and have 800-1000+ service hours. Remove UCR/UCI unless you're from the Inland empire.

Again, I am no expert so I'll let @Goro or @gyngyn chime in.

Okay! A lot of the schools I put on my MCAT have a median MCAT that's the same as my MCAT score, so that's a good sign, right?
I put EVMS and VCU because their median MCAT and GPA were slightly lower than mine and I felt that my list was too top heavy!

You're golden, so nothing wrong with aiming high. If that is your photo in your avatar, do change it for privacy's sake.

Of your list, I recommend:

UCD
UCI
UCLA
UCR
UCSD
UCSF
USC/Keck
Stanford
Johns Hopkins
Vandy

Columbia
Duke
Harvard
UPenn
Yale
WashU (?)
UChicago
NYU
Northwestern
Mt. Sinai
Cornell
Pittsburgh
Case Western
UMichigan
Emory
Albert Einstein
Rochester (maybe)
Dartmouth
Hofstra
UMiami
UVA
BU
Stony Brook
UCincinnati OR OSU OR U VM OR U AZ OR U IA

Thank you so much for your insight! Also that's not me haha (I wish it was!) I just found a random pic and used it :p Do you think I have enough mid-tier schools and other schools that are slightly below my median MCAT and GPA? I am just worried that my list is a little top-heavy, even though a lot of those schools have median MCAT and GPA around my scores.