California Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
When did you accept csun? Doesn't PTCAS tell Western that you have accepted at another school? I read in this forum that someone accepted 2 schools and one of them asked him/her to unenroll

I accepted CSUN on 2/14. I never received an email from Western asking me to unenroll, so I am not sure about that.

Members don't see this ad.

I accepted CSUN on 2/14. I never received an email from Western asking me to unenroll, so I am not sure about that.
Is there a program that you are leaning more towards? We may be classmates next year ! :)

I have visited both schools and I like things that they offer in both schools. I'm planning on doing sports PT and it seems like CSUN has more resources for that. But then again there are things I like about Western such as their interdisciplinary education and their resources in LEAD such as stress management, and academic counseling and they have a lot of clubs. I did not know that I can ask for an extension though, thank you !

psychkid, did you get your acceptance today? I recall that CSUN has a program/internship with the Dodgers, so that might be up in your alley. I'm sure you'll do well with whichever program you choose. But I'm secretly hoping you'll open up a spot for me at CSUN hahaha jk, kind of, not really. Good luck in your choices!

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a program that you are leaning more towards? We may be classmates next year ! :)

Right now I am on the wait list at Pacific University in Oregon, so if I get off the wait list then I will go there. But as of right now it looks like it will be CSUN :)

Reactions: 1 user
psychkid, did you get your acceptance today? I recall that CSUN has a program/internship with the Dodgers, so that might be up in your alley. I'm sure you'll do well with whichever program you choose. But I'm secretly hoping you'll open up a spot for me at CSUN hahaha jk, kind of, not really. Good luck in your choices!

Ya that's one thing that I think is super cool about the program. And that CSUN is way cheaper also. I found out on 3/13 that I got accepted. What number are you on the waitist? They told me that they accepted up to number 150 last year off of the waitlist

Ya that's one thing that I think is super cool about the program. And that CSUN is way cheaper also. I found out on 3/13 that I got accepted. What number are you on the waitist? They told me that they accepted up to number 150 last year off of the waitlist
What number were you? I started at 104 and now I am in the 70's

I'm #38 originally, but I never got an update, hopefully I'm #18 now. Either way, we MIGHT be classmates this fall :)

I'm #38 originally, but I never got an update, hopefully I'm #18 now. Either way, we MIGHT be classmates this fall :)
According to the forum, you're not the only one who didn't get an update. I bet you will get accepted within the next week. Let me know :)

Does anyone have input on Azusa Pacific? I just applied (due to the unfortunate circumstance of not getting into any schools) and it looks like a pretty good school. I just hope I can get in! Anyone applied this cycle or previous cycles and know when to hear back or their experience with them?

Does anyone have input on Azusa Pacific? I just applied (due to the unfortunate circumstance of not getting into any schools) and it looks like a pretty good school. I just hope I can get in! Anyone applied this cycle or previous cycles and know when to hear back or their experience with them?

I just got an interview invite from Azusa, but I am declining it. I was irritated because i had applied for Feb 2014 and they put my file in 2015. I just don't want to wait another year to start school and I love the idea of state school tuition, so I am going to attend SDSU!

Regarding the CSUN waitlist I was originally #80 and just got an update to #40. With how fast they seem to be going through the list I am sure they will get pretty far up so don't give up hope!

I interviewed with Azusa, I think you hear back within 2-4 weeks. They turned me down. The interview was pretty chill. They ask questions like "Can you be around non-Christians", "why PT", and I can't remember the other questions. I got accepted by a few other schools, so I didn't really investigate why they turned me down. I think the reason is I told them I was an atheist. Haha!

I interviewed with Azusa, I think you hear back within 2-4 weeks. They turned me down. The interview was pretty chill. They ask questions like "Can you be around non-Christians", "why PT", and I can't remember the other questions. I got accepted by a few other schools, so I didn't really investigate why they turned me down. I think the reason is I told them I was an atheist. Haha!

I think that's pretty amusing. I didn't apply there myself, but if I had and went to the interview, I would have reversed the question and said "I think the question is can I be around Christians" which is yes. I have many friends that are religious and have even gone to church with them on many occasions, even though I myself don't care one bit. They respect my stance on religion and I respect theirs. As a PT in America you're probably going to interact with people of all different kinds of religions and backgrounds so I feel restricting an environment to solely Christians may actually be a bad thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that's pretty amusing. I didn't apply there myself, but if I had and went to the interview, I would have reversed the question and said "I think the question is can I be around Christians" which is yes. I have many friends that are religious and have even gone to church with them on many occasions, even though I myself don't care one bit. They respect my stance on religion and I respect theirs. As a PT in America you're probably going to interact with people of all different kinds of religions and backgrounds so I feel restricting an environment to solely Christians may actually be a bad thing.
That is how I feel. I think they assume every applicant is a Christian and that is why they phrased the question that way. I told them I was an atheist and I was comfortable with all religions and do my best not to engage people in religious arguments. Both professors in the interview claimed that every professor signs a contract stating they are a Christian, but students do not have to be. Not really sure what happened at Azusa. I was accepted to CSUN, CSULB, Chapman and USC. Maybe I bombed the interview and essay. Maybe they thought I was a douche and an atheist. IDK.

Got my acceptance into CSUN today!! I will most likely be attending since its so close to home :)

Got my acceptance into CSUN today!! I will most likely be attending since its so close to home :)
Didn't I tell you it would be this week? Congrats! I'm still deciding between CSUN and western but I already sent CSUN my acceptance. So we may be classmates

Has anybody been accepted off of Western U wait list?

Didn't I tell you it would be this week? Congrats! I'm still deciding between CSUN and western but I already sent CSUN my acceptance. So we may be classmates

You were correct! & Thank you! Let me know which school you ultimately choose. Can't go wrong with either!

Received my acceptance email from Chapman today!

Do you mind posting your stats?

University: University of Michigan
Major: Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 152 V, 156 Q , 4.5 W

Extra-Curric: a bunch

Volunteer: 300+ outpatient (2 places), 40 inpatient

Submitted my application on deadline

University: University of Michigan
Major: Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: 152 V, 156 Q , 4.5 W

Extra-Curric: a bunch

Volunteer: 300+ outpatient (2 places), 40 inpatient

Submitted my application on deadline

thanks! :)

Nice GRE scores! I still haven't heard from them. Maybe they have a waitlist without telling the students?

Does anyone from the LA area have suggestions on apartment complexes or housing in general for CSUN?

Does anyone from the LA area have suggestions on apartment complexes or housing in general for CSUN?
As someone who is from the san fernando valley and might end up going to CSUN I would not suggest living in Northridge. If you want to live somewhere a little bit nicer with more life I would suggest Sherman oaks or Studio city area. That's my plan. However, you get what you pay for so it's a little pricier there. We might be classmates next year :). Let me know if you are looking for a roommate

As someone who is from the san fernando valley and might end up going to CSUN I would not suggest living in Northridge. If you want to live somewhere a little bit nicer with more life I would suggest Sherman oaks or Studio city area. That's my plan. However, you get what you pay for so it's a little pricier there. We might be classmates next year :). Let me know if you are looking for a roommate

Thanks! I was thinking of trying to stay close to campus to save gas? But I'm not sure. If I end up going to CSUN I might be looking for a roommate!

Thanks! I was thinking of trying to stay close to campus to save gas? But I'm not sure. If I end up going to CSUN I might be looking for a roommate!
cool. let me know :)

Has anyone on the CSUN waitlist or CSU Fresno waitlist heard anything recently?

I just received an e-mail from Chapman and was placed on their WaitList for Fall 2014 class. >_< I wish everyone good luck but I hope those that got an acceptance from Chapman have already decided on other school acceptances instead. I really hope they take me off their WaitList soon.

I just received an e-mail from Chapman and was placed on their WaitList for Fall 2014 class. >_< I wish everyone good luck but I hope those that got an acceptance from Chapman have already decided on other school acceptances instead. I really hope they take me off their WaitList soon.

You may get lucky! I still haven't heard from them at all, no rejection or waitlist notice. I've already accepted to attend CSUN however and for everyone still waiting on CSUN, the class currently has 29 students. 3 more spots left! Good luck all!

Fellow wait-listed applicants,

For those who were wait-listed at the University of the Pacific in California, has anyone heard of any updates? Any information you are able to provide would be greatly appreciated!

For those of you that have done the CSUN Mentor application, have any of you been accepted? Mine says my "incomplete tasks" are my immunization records and transcripts with finals grades (also transcripts from other schools I have attended, but I thought we only had to send the one we are getting our degree from?) Thanks!

For those of you that have done the CSUN Mentor application, have any of you been accepted? Mine says my "incomplete tasks" are my immunization records and transcripts with finals grades (also transcripts from other schools I have attended, but I thought we only had to send the one we are getting our degree from?) Thanks!

I have been accepted and I turned in CSUmentor when I first got waitlisted. However I did not do immunization records or transcripts with final grades. I think that is due in august. I did send them my transcript from the school I graduated from (which is different from where I took most of my pre reqs)

I have been accepted and I turned in CSUmentor when I first got waitlisted. However I did not do immunization records or transcripts with final grades. I think that is due in august. I did send them my transcript from the school I graduated from (which is different from where I took most of my pre reqs)

How long did it take for them to accept you?

How long did it take for them to accept you?
I was put on the waitlist early january and I got accepted on March 13. I was #35 originally on the waitlist and later got bumped up to number 15

You may get lucky! I still haven't heard from them at all, no rejection or waitlist notice. I've already accepted to attend CSUN however and for everyone still waiting on CSUN, the class currently has 29 students. 3 more spots left! Good luck all!

I haven't heard anything at all from Chapman either...

Could I ask what your stats are? I am just curious to see if I maybe didn't make the waitlist cut, and thats why I never heard from them... Its the only school that would make me possibly reconsider my sdsu acceptance.

I received a letter saying I was accepted to long beach today!!!!
Does anyone currently go there or know anything about the program? I would love to hear about it.

Reactions: 1 users
I received a letter saying I was accepted to long beach today!!!!
Does anyone currently go there or know anything about the program? I would love to hear about it.

Congrats Jferona24! While I do not know any specifics about the program, when I visited the campus, I really loved it. There was a great surrounding area, and it seemed like a very comfortable and convenient place to live. Congrats again! That's great :)

Just so you all know I finally heard back from Chapman today. I got waitlisted

Has anybody been accepted off of Western U wait list?
Hi tke,

I was accepted off of the WesternU 5/21 wait list. Grueling wait, but excited to start!

Hi tke,

I was accepted off of the WesternU 5/21 wait list. Grueling wait, but excited to start!
Congrats! I am going to Fresno State