California Applicants

Started by Jferona24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

So is it reasonable to get in this year If I am # 104 on the waitlist? Or was that out of the norm last year?
It's hard to say. I'm assuming that most people who applied to CSUN also applied to other California schools. I know that UCSF has a matriculation rate of 98%, so I'm guessing a good portion of those who got into CSUN or were on the CSUN waiting list chose UCSF instead.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's hard to say. I'm assuming that most people who applied to CSUN also applied to other California schools. I know that UCSF has a matriculation rate of 98%, so I'm guessing a good portion of those who got into CSUN or were on the CSUN waiting list chose UCSF instead.
That's would be awesome, I'm hoping that is the case.
 
Has anyone heard anything from Fresno, long beach or sacramento?

From what I understand, Fresno and Sac don't conduct interviews until March. So no one will probably here anything until late January early February. If anyone has any specifics please feel free to enlighten us.
 
Ok that is what I have heard as well.
Also quick question on the CSUN. Waitlist. Are the original 32 picked considered 1-32 on the waitlist or is #1 on the waitlist technically #33. For example I am #104. Am I actually # 104 or technically 136 because of the original 32 that were mailed acceptance letters.
 
Ok that is what I have heard as well.
Also quick question on the CSUN. Waitlist. Are the original 32 picked considered 1-32 on the waitlist or is #1 on the waitlist technically #33. For example I am #104. Am I actually # 104 or technically 136 because of the original 32 that were mailed acceptance letters.
Number 1 on the wait list would be #33. I am #23 on the wait list, but was not offered admission (yet). When I emailed them, they said that they went through 127 people on the wait list to fill the class, so I'm assuming that means 159 people overall. Either way, that's really something that shouldn't be stressed about much right now because there's no way of telling whether this year will be similar to last year in terms of how many people accept or deny admission.
 
Anyone here back from Chapman yet? Literally just sent them my Fall 2013 transcript last week due to an administrative grade error.
 
I am #1 on the waitlist at CSUN. Have been since mid December with no further updates. So there is a #1 waitlist. Wouldn't be #33.
 
Has anyone heard from chapman recently? Like in the past couple weeks? And if so what were your stats? I am trying to see where they are on this rolling list of acceptances.
 
Has anyone heard from chapman recently? Like in the past couple weeks? And if so what were your stats? I am trying to see where they are on this rolling list of acceptances.

I got an email from them last week saying that half of their class has been filled and that they are still accepting people
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think Fresno, long beach and sacramento said they all make decisions the beginning of February so goodluck everyone!
 
I have not heard from USC, Chapman, CSULB, SDSU, though I am sure they have already begun to send out acceptance notifications.
 
I was notified earlier today that I have an interview at UoP on Feb. 28th. Anyone else interviewing there?
 
Will you please message me if and when they accept you? I am on the waitlist as well
Hey. I did get a call from CSUN. Unfortunately I could not answer at the time and they left a message. She said I have an update on my status and to call them monday. They are suppose to email me monday as well. Most likely I will choose CSUN if I am accepted. I have been accepted at Chapman and that is the only other option I am considering. Is CSUN your first choice?
 
Has anybody received an acceptance from Western U yet?
Yes I did back in December. I had my interview December 17th and they got back to me about 3 days later. They gave me until January 10th to accept. I declined.
 
Anyone here back from Chapman yet? Literally just sent them my Fall 2013 transcript last week due to an administrative grade error.
Yes. I was accepted early January. I accepted the offer. Kind of a backup but haven't made up my mind just yet. Atleast a 50% chance I will back out. They have a strange accepting process. I am not sure they even have a waitlist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview for Fresno state march 8th! Does anyone know how the interview goes there or have any tips?
 
I got an interview for Fresno state march 8th! Does anyone know how the interview goes there or have any tips?
Congrats;how were you notified?
29"]I got an interview for Fresno state march 8th! Does anyone know how the interview goes there or have any tips?[/quote]
 
If you don't mind me asking, what were your stats?

My cumulative is 3.56
Prerequisite for Fresno is 3.23..I am currently retaking anatomy I and taking abnormal psychology.
My gre was 156 Q 147V and 4.0 W
And I have 250 internship hours
 
For Chapman, did you guys have to interview or did they just send an email? I keep getting the email that they're still deciding which doesn't make me feel any better about my chances :/
 
No, I haven't heard anything yet 🙁 I think they said we would hear within two weeks. So I'm hoping for sometime later this week.
I have not heard anything either; I think I am just going to be patient and quit looking at this forum🙂 Good Luck!
 
For those waiting to hear from Chapman, I called Serena today and she said basically if you have a GPA less than 3.5 you're most likely not going to be accepted for this application cycle anymore because they've filled almost all of their seats already. Just wanted to share what I heard but stay positive and keep working hard everyone 🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got that email today too. So, I guess there is no specific number that we have?
Even if there is a number for the waitlist, it will not be available until after the 2/22 deadline for people who accept a spot. According to threads in the past, less than 10 people get off of USC's waitlist...
 
I declined my interview invitation from Fresno State. Hopefully, this helps someone still hoping for an interview! Best of luck to all applicants!👍
 
  • Like
Reactions: lmw
For those waiting to hear from Chapman, I called Serena today and she said basically if you have a GPA less than 3.5 you're most likely not going to be accepted for this application cycle anymore because they've filled almost all of their seats already. Just wanted to share what I heard but stay positive and keep working hard everyone 🙂


Did she mention anything about a waitlist?