California Applicants

Started by Jferona24
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was #4 on the CSUN wait list, and I was accepted on 2/14. Hopefully you will hear something soon!
 
Has anyone heard anything from long beach recently. I know people have been accepted and denied and I haven't heard anything so I am assuming I an on the waitlist. I'm hoping I can squeeze in on one of the last couple spots.
 
I got a weird email from CSULB saying my application had been forwarded to the admissions committee. Which is what they said 3 months ago. Dont know if that means my application is finally being reviewed now?
 
I got a weird email from CSULB saying my application had been forwarded to the admissions committee. Which is what they said 3 months ago. Dont know if that means my application is finally being reviewed now?
I'm not sure, I received that same email about 3 weeks ago and I still have not heard anything..
 
Received the same CSULB email (as well as a friend). Hopefully they will get back to us next month. Still crossing my fingers for Chapman as well! Glad to see they are still sending out acceptances and that CSUN is going down the waitlist. 🙂
 
Received the same CSULB email (as well as a friend). Hopefully they will get back to us next month. Still crossing my fingers for Chapman as well! Glad to see they are still sending out acceptances and that CSUN is going down the waitlist. 🙂
Do you know how far the waitlist has gone for CSUN? And is it realistic for it to get to 100?
 
Do you know how far the waitlist has gone for CSUN? And is it realistic for it to get to 100?

Looking at the replies above, they have gone down to #4, possibly even a couple more spaces, and it's still early. Other schools still have not sent out their acceptances, and once this does happen, there is a possibility students who originally accepted a seat will opt to drop it in favor of their top school choices once the time comes. I read that last year they went all the way down to #127 to fill the class, but I also heard from a friend that they only went to about #40. Every year is different, but perhaps CSUN has such a long waitlist for a reason.
 
For those on the CSUN waitlist and still taking classes, have you mailed your fall 2013 transcripts to them?
 
For those on the CSUN waitlist and still taking classes, have you mailed your fall 2013 transcripts to them?
No I haven't, do you know if we have to do the csu mentor application if we are on the waitlist? I don't want to pay $50 for it and not get pulled off the waitlist. Can we wait to here If we get accepted to turn in the csu mentor?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You don't have to fill out CSU mentor to get off the wait list. I didn't want to pay the $50 until I heard either, so I emailed them and they said as long as it's done by the May deadline.
 
I was #7 on the CSUN waitlist and I got an acceptance today. I am already going to CSULB, so someone will get my spot. 🙂
 
You don't have to fill out CSU mentor to get off the wait list. I didn't want to pay the $50 until I heard either, so I emailed them and they said as long as it's done by the May deadline.
Awesome, thanks for your help! Should I send the transcripts now or wait until I turn in CSU mentor
 
Got an email from CSUN today - moved from #23 on the wait list to #3. Just thought you guys might like to know!

I moved from #104 to #76 today. Still probably no shot but it is progress.
Hellohelloduh, are you going to attend CSUN if accepted?
 
I moved from #104 to #76 today. Still probably no shot but it is progress.
Hellohelloduh, are you going to attend CSUN if accepted?
Nope, committed to UCSF. I'm sure there's a bunch like me too who won't accept if taken off the wait list so don't lose hope yet 🙂
 
Nope, committed to UCSF. I'm sure there's a bunch like me too who won't accept if taken off the wait list so don't lose hope yet 🙂
Congrats! And yeah that's what I'm hoping. I still have an interview at Fresno and have not heard back from long beach yet (I don't know what the deal is with that) so I haven't lost hope yet!
 
Got an email from CSUN today - moved from #23 on the wait list to #3. Just thought you guys might like to know!
I was recently notified that I am on CSUN's waitlist, but my waitlist # was not disclosed to me. How were you notified your waitlist position? (I remember that when I had initially submitted my application, CSUN sent an automated email stating not to inquire about admission status).
 
I was recently notified that I am on CSUN's waitlist, but my waitlist # was not disclosed to me. How were you notified your waitlist position? (I remember that when I had initially submitted my application, CSUN sent an automated email stating not to inquire about admission status).
I never asked them; they told me my initial position (#23) in early January and then emailed me again with my updated one.
 
This is great to hear! I was #38 originally, but I haven't gotten an email update yet. They just emailed me about how to properly fill out the CSUmentor part. I'm crossing my fingers! Good luck everyone!
 
I haven't gotten an email with my updated waitlist number... and it looks like I am right in the middle of you guys who did get an email... kinda funky haha also I am getting really anxious about hearing from Chapman!!! I had emailed Serena 2 weeks ago and she never responded... :yeahright:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't gotten an email with my updated waitlist number... and it looks like I am right in the middle of you guys who did get an email... kinda funky haha also I am getting really anxious about hearing from Chapman!!! I had emailed Serena 2 weeks ago and she never responded... :yeahright:
I emailed her too and she never responded to me either.
 
If there is anyone on the fence about attending SDSU, I reallyyy suggest scheduling an appointment to meet the director and tour the facility. I just had mine and any reservations I had about attending there are completely gone! I am solddd! It was gorgeous and I just absolutely love all of the opportunities the program and faculty has to offer.
 
Received my rejection from Chapman... Thought I'd keep everyone updated! Best of luck!
 
Received my rejection from Chapman... Thought I'd keep everyone updated! Best of luck!

Did you hear from them through email or letter in the mail? It is definitely a long shot but I'm secretly hoping I somehow miraculously got in .... I don't want to go all the way to the East Coast for school 🙁
 
For all you CSUN waitlisters, I got accepted off of the waitlist today after being #23. Will be declining.
I also got accepted and I was originally #35 and got bumped up to #15 about a week ago. I don't know what to do. I already put in my deposit to Western University and now I have to choose between the 2 programs. Any advice?
 
I also got accepted and I was originally #35 and got bumped up to #15 about a week ago. I don't know what to do. I already put in my deposit to Western University and now I have to choose between the 2 programs. Any advice?
A deposit is a drop in the bucket compared to tuition, don't let that be the deciding factor.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's definitely not. They are both great programs. I have until thursday to accept or decline from CSUN

I put down a deposit for Western as well before being accepted to CSUN. I accepted CSUN's offer, and I have not read anything about a deposit (I'm not sure if it will come later?), so I basically counted the deposited I put down for Western as my deposit for CSUN. I hope this helps!
 
I put down a deposit for Western as well before being accepted to CSUN. I accepted CSUN's offer, and I have not read anything about a deposit (I'm not sure if it will come later?), so I basically counted the deposited I put down for Western as my deposit for CSUN. I hope this helps!
When did you accept csun? Doesn't PTCAS tell Western that you have accepted at another school? I read in this forum that someone accepted 2 schools and one of them asked him/her to unenroll
 
It's definitely not. They are both great programs. I have until thursday to accept or decline from CSUN
Well from a cursory glance, you'll be saving about $36k in tuition if you go to CSUN, and they have marginally better pass rate. CSUN also has a significantly better graduation rate (97% vs 80%), so there's that. Other than that, main factors to go in are the curriculum, clinical opportunities, and location. You've got a lot to consider, good luck deciding! Don't forget, you can always ask for an extension if need be. If you have to, accept both and keep thinking about it (have you visited both schools? that should help give you a sense of where you feel more comfortable). Odds are no one will say anything about it, especially if it's only for a short time.
 
Well from a cursory glance, you'll be saving about $36k in tuition if you go to CSUN, and they have marginally better pass rate. CSUN also has a significantly better graduation rate (97% vs 80%), so there's that. Other than that, main factors to go in are the curriculum, clinical opportunities, and location. You've got a lot to consider, good luck deciding! Don't forget, you can always ask for an extension if need be. If you have to, accept both and keep thinking about it (have you visited both schools? that should help give you a sense of where you feel more comfortable). Odds are no one will say anything about it, especially if it's only for a short time.

I have visited both schools and I like things that they offer in both schools. I'm planning on doing sports PT and it seems like CSUN has more resources for that. But then again there are things I like about Western such as their interdisciplinary education and their resources in LEAD such as stress management, and academic counseling and they have a lot of clubs. I did not know that I can ask for an extension though, thank you !