California Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys send transcripts/gre scores to CSULB? I was just rereading their website and I'm pretty sure I forgot to send all my transcripts there.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you guys send transcripts/gre scores to CSULB? I was just rereading their website and I'm pretty sure I forgot to send all my transcripts there.

Yes. CSULB requires Transcripts. Use this link to check the status. It will tell you if you're missing anything In your application.
https://my.cms.csulb.edu/psp/pa91prd/EMPLOYEE/SA/c/LB_HR_CUSTOM.LB_APS_SS.GBL

When I applied last year they sent me emails telling me they were missing. If you didn't send them I would think they would have done the same.

Yes. CSULB requires Transcripts. Use this link to check the status. It will tell you if you're missing anything In your application.
https://my.cms.csulb.edu/psp/pa91prd/EMPLOYEE/SA/c/LB_HR_CUSTOM.LB_APS_SS.GBL

When I applied last year they sent me emails telling me they were missing. If you didn't send them I would think they would have done the same.

Thanks for the link. I'm unable to login though, even when I enter my social and birthday. I'll call them ASAP then. Thanks for the reassurance, and I haven't gotten any emails from them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I will be at Fresno on the 31st as well! Look forward to seeing everyone there and good luck! Curious to know how the 1st round of interviews went today?!

Yes, if anyone has any insight on Fresno's past-weekend interviews.... I'd love to hear your experience. Thanks! :D

To UCSF applicants, have you heard anything yet? If so,would you mind saying when you did? As of Wed., 1/28/15, 1pm, I have not received a call or e-mail. Thanks!

To UCSF applicants, have you heard anything yet? If so,would you mind saying when you did? As of Wed., 1/28/15, 1pm, I have not received a call or e-mail. Thanks!

Nothing yet. We should hear for sure by the 6th, but I did hear some current students say that they heard the week following their interview

Nothing yet either! Yeah current students said last year they heard anywhere from the following Monday-Wednesday. But we'll probably hear something soon. Not too worried. Gulp. :)

Hey guys, what was the interview day like? Any insight would be awesome! :) Good luck to everyone who interviewed already.

I got the acceptance call from UCSF/SFSU tonight from my interviewer and couldn't be happier! For those who haven't heard stay patient! I got my call a little before 5pm. I'm sure they still have calling to do!

Oh, just realized that the past few comments were about UCSF. I was curious about CSUF, since the interview was this past weekend.

I got the acceptance call from UCSF/SFSU tonight from my interviewer and couldn't be happier! For those who haven't heard stay patient! I got my call a little before 5pm. I'm sure they still have calling to do!
Congrats! Thanks for letting us know.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, just realized that the past few comments were about UCSF. I was curious about CSUF, since the interview was this past weekend.

CSUF was great! You're divided into groups, then either sent to interview or go on a tour. I went on the tour first and we were brought into different rooms that had presentations by students. You were able to ask the students questions and get to know more about the program, which I really appreciated. The interview is a group interview, and it's structured so you may or may not get the same question as someone else. More than likely though you get a different question so you don't have to worry about thinking of 4 different answers to the same question. The faculty members were chill so just stay calm and have fun with the whole process :)

Also, anyone else headed to Samuel Merritt tomorrow??

CSUF was great! You're divided into groups, then either sent to interview or go on a tour. I went on the tour first and we were brought into different rooms that had presentations by students. You were able to ask the students questions and get to know more about the program, which I really appreciated. The interview is a group interview, and it's structured so you may or may not get the same question as someone else. More than likely though you get a different question so you don't have to worry about thinking of 4 different answers to the same question. The faculty members were chill so just stay calm and have fun with the whole process :)

Thank you! :) You helped calm my nerves a bit.

when are the deadlines for the deposits for western and mount saint mary? have you decided yet?

I don't know if this is for me or for @Tyguy1 but oh well! My deadline for Mount St Mary's was 01/15, and for Western 01/05. But it varies depending on when your interview date is! I submitted my deposit for Western and deferred Mount St. Mary's since my other interviews were after the deadlines :/ However, I'm still waiting to see if I get into any Norcal schools since I'm from the area haha.

And @Kuhdaytee I'm glad to be of help! I thought it was good that I had my interview after the tour because it's a refresher of what the program has to offer, and also because then I didn't have to go into the group interview with complete strangers. But either way just try not to stress out! :)

Has anyone heard back from Chapman yet? They said they would start notifying people in December!

No word back for me from Chapman either. I got waitlisted last year and have improved my application, but my online portal hasn't been updated since last year and still reads "decision pending". Not sure if that's a bad thing or really bad thing :/

Let me know if you hear anything back!

No word back for me from Chapman either. I got waitlisted last year and have improved my application, but my online portal hasn't been updated since last year and still reads "decision pending". Not sure if that's a bad thing or really bad thing :/

Let me know if you hear anything back!

How do I access this "online portal"?

what did they say? I think i'm in the same boat as you. I got emails saying they are reviewing my application but no username and login info.

Reactions: 1 users
what did they say? I think i'm in the same boat as you. I got emails saying they are reviewing my application but no username and login info.
I sent them an email instead of a phone cause since I'll be at work all day. Just got this reply:

"Your application is currently under review. An admissions decision will be sent to you via email and you can check your application status on PTCAS or directly with us, so you do not need to use WebAdvisor."

I sent them an email instead of a phone cause since I'll be at work all day. Just got this reply:

"Your application is currently under review. An admissions decision will be sent to you via email and you can check your application status on PTCAS or directly with us, so you do not need to use WebAdvisor."

Thanks for the heads up... that doesn't seem like that lines up with their website though :/

Anyone hear from CSULB?? My application was forwarded to the PT department for review on 11/25.

Anyone hear from CSULB?? My application was forwarded to the PT department for review on 11/25.

Nope. I'm surprised I haven't heard anything, considering they start a lot earlier than other schools do.

I did some digging in previous application threads, last year someone was accepted late February! We will hear some news soon!

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks for the heads up... that doesn't seem like that lines up with their website though :/
Chapman. The only school that keeps in constant contact with me boasting about the number of applicants and passively telling us to bug off and quit calling them. lol I really wonder what's holding them up. If they're solely ranking folks, that doesn't sound like it would take too long to determine who's out already and who's likely in.

Chapman. The only school that keeps in constant contact with me boasting about the number of applicants and passively telling us to bug off and quit calling them. lol I really wonder what's holding them up. If they're solely ranking folks, that doesn't sound like it would take too long to determine who's out already and who's likely in.

You would think that. They honestly keep going until just before schools starts. I wasn't notified I was on the wait list until 3 weeks before school started last year. I'm hoping for a notification sooner this year but not banking on it. They send the most emails "updating" applicants but I really just want to know if I'm in or out.

Has anyone who attended the interview on January 31st heard back from Samuel Merritt?

Has anyone who attended the interview on January 31st heard back from Samuel Merritt?
That's what I'm wondering. It looks like someone posted on the GREs GPAs Acceptances page that they heard back on the 5th. I was wondering if they're going to over admit like they did last year as well.

That's what I'm wondering. It looks like someone posted on the GREs GPAs Acceptances page that they heard back on the 5th. I was wondering if they're going to over admit like they did last year as well.
Yeah. You are right, someone also started a Samuel Merritt class of 2018 thread. I have not received any phone calls or emails from them so maybe there is still hope. SMU is my top choice.

I received a phone call acceptance from SMU on 2/3, but they did say that they would let everyone know by mid February so I don't think anyone should be worried yet :)

I received a phone call from Samuel Merritt on 2/3 saying I have been accepted into the program!

Just got an acceptance email from CSU Long Beach!

Reactions: 4 users
I heard CSUF sent out their letters today, so everyone keep an eye out on their mailboxes for the next few days!

@Tyguy1 I'm really not sure! While I've always considered SMU my top school for the past couple years, I found that I really enjoyed the time I spent at Western and CSUF. Since I'm from the bay, it would probably be between SMU (proximity, 41 weeks of clinicals) and CSUF (price, more relaxing environment in my opinion) should I get accepted into CSUF, but really all 3 of those programs are amazing! How about you?

@Tyguy1 I'm really not sure! While I've always considered SMU my top school for the past couple years, I found that I really enjoyed the time I spent at Western and CSUF. Since I'm from the bay, it would probably be between SMU (proximity, 41 weeks of clinicals) and CSUF (price, more relaxing environment in my opinion) should I get accepted into CSUF, but really all 3 of those programs are amazing! How about you?
I have the same mind set as you! I would love to stay in the area (Socal). Unfortunately, I am still waiting for an acceptance. My top school would be CSULB!

@Tyguy1 Hopefully you'll hear back from CSULB soon! I'm still waiting on them as well. If you don't mind my asking, what is it about CSULB that you really like? Besides proximity haha.

CSUF rejection letter today. Going to UMES, but good luck to the rest of you!

CSUF rejection letter today. Going to UMES, but good luck to the rest of you!

Crazy how competitive it is to even be offered an interview at an instate- cali school. I've lived here for 22 years and for the first time will experience life elsewhere for my duration in PT school. Although I was first hesitant on the idea of even applying to schools out-of state, the interviews made me realize i needed to experience a change of scenery.

Happily committed to Shenandoah University- Leesburg Campus.

From Southern California- to DC metro!

Looking forward to it!!

Crazy how competitive it is to even be offered an interview at an instate- cali school. I've lived here for 22 years and for the first time will experience life elsewhere for my duration in PT school. Although I was first hesitant on the idea of even applying to schools out-of state, the interviews made me realize i needed to experience a change of scenery.

Happily committed to Shenandoah University- Leesburg Campus.

From Southern California- to DC metro!

Looking forward to it!!

Yep, also lived here for 22 years and had to go to school out of state. I could have stayed if I applied to private schools, but that extra tuition money wasn't worth it to me. I also need a change of scenery, and this is the perfect time to leave Cali for a few years. I want to live in California, or at least somewhere nearby, so I'm looking forward to exploring the east coast.

Congrats on getting into Shenandoah! It's hard to get into any school nowadays.

Just got my rejection letter from CSUF. Anyone heard back from UOP?