This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDPT143

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has been accepted or received interviews for these schools in CA:

University of st Augustine San Marcos
University of the pacific
Western university
Chapman university
USC
West Coast university
Mount St Mary’s
CSU Long Beach

If so, what were your stats?

Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has been accepted or received interviews for these schools in CA:

Western university
Chapman university
USC
West Coast university
Mount St Mary’s
CSU Long Beach

Thanks!!!

I have my interview for Western University on Jan 10th, and I believe that’s the first day of interviews. I also applied to Chapman’s fall class and haven’t heard anything back except for a confirmation email of my application.

Reactions: 1 user
I have my interview for Western University on Jan 10th, and I believe that’s the first day of interviews. I also applied to Chapman’s fall class and haven’t heard anything back except for a confirmation email of my application.
Congrats on your interview!
Would you happen to know if they are still inviting applicants for interview? I’ve been trying to get in contact with Annie but haven’t heard anything back

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

Western university
Chapman university
USC
West Coast university
Mount St Mary’s
CSU Long Beach

Thanks!!!
Hello!

I applied to/heard from:

USA: Nothing yet
Western University: I had an interview Jan 31st but withdrew due to mixed opinions from PTs/PAs
USC: Nothing yet but I heard that maybe a few people heard back. From what I read online we hear back around April??
West Coast University: Interview February 8th

Major: KINE pre-PT at CSUSM
GPA: 3.68
pGPA: 3.7
GRE: 150V 151Q 3.5W (I submitted 3 scores since I increased over time. This is my last score...)
Hours: 300+ and still working at a PT clinic
Letters of rec: 2 PTs, Professor, Employer

This is my first time applying to USC but second year applying to schools. I have been accepted into 3 schools out of state so far. Haven't heard much from the West coast yet.....

Hello!

I applied to/heard from:

Western University: I had an interview Jan 31st but withdrew due to mixed opinions from PTs/PAs
USC: Nothing yet but I heard that maybe a few people heard back. From what I read online we hear back around April??

GRE: 150V 151Q 3.5W (I submitted 3 scores since I increased over time. This is my last score...)

This is my first time applying to USC but second year applying to schools. I have been accepted into 3 schools out of state so far. Haven't heard much from the West coast yet.....
When did you apply to USA and which campus? My app was forwarded on 11/29 (app submitted on 10/3) but I have yet to hear back

Congrats on your interview!
Would you happen to know if they are still inviting applicants for interview? I’ve been trying to get in contact with Annie but haven’t heard anything back
I didn’t apply to western but my friend got an invite yesterday for an interview at the end of this month so maybe they’re still sending out invites - good luck!

Hello!

I applied to/heard from:

Would you mind sharing the mixed opinions you heard about WesternU?

I received an acceptance to Chapman for their Fall class early this morning! I most likely will not be attending, however.

Would you mind sharing the mixed opinions you heard about WesternU?
I haven't personally been there so my opinions are just based off of what people have told me. From what I hear the interviews are very impersonal and I prefer an interview where only one person gets to know me rather than several who ask different questions. I work alongside a physical therapist who went to the interviews when she was applying for DPT programs and this is what she told me. I also have a friend who works with PA's and one of them went to the school and she absolutely hated it. Then there's location, not a fan of the area. I applied to this school as a backup option.

When did you apply to USA and which campus? My app was forwarded on 11/29 (app submitted on 10/3) but I have yet to hear back
I applied to the San Marcos campus on september 24th

Hello,

Western university
Chapman university
USC
West Coast university
Mount St Mary’s
CSU Long Beach

Thanks!!!

I have received an interview from University of the Pacific on February 1st. I have also applied to West Coast university and CSU Long Beach, but have not heard anything back yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hi. have an interview for western next week! How did it go? Was it a tough interview? Do you happen to remember what type of questions were asked?

Members don't see this ad :)
I have received an interview from University of the Pacific on February 1st. I have also applied to West Coast university and CSU Long Beach, but have not heard anything back yet.

I got an interview that day too!

Hi. have an interview for western next week! How did it go? Was it a tough interview? Do you happen to remember what type of questions were asked?

They ask a broad range of questions & the writing sample is different for every interview group. Just don’t get nervous & be yourself. I heard great things about the program and had a great impression of the faculty and from current students.

Hello,

Western university
Chapman university
USC
West Coast university
Mount St Mary’s
CSU Long Beach

Thanks!!!

Submitted PTCAS on September 11. Heard back from Western on 10/22 for an interview. My interview is next week on 1/17. Heard back from USA on 11/16 for an interview. My interview was for 12/13 but I turned it down. Got accepted into Mount Saint Mary’s on 12/2.

Got rejected from West Coast and the email said it was because I wouldn’t have my bachelors degree by Feb 15 which is one of their requirements.

Still waiting: USC, CSULB, CSUN, Chapman

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

was accepted to USA - San Marcos :)
submitted my app 10/15 and interviewed December 13.

They ask a broad range of questions & the writing sample is different for every interview group. Just don’t get nervous & be yourself. I heard great things about the program and had a great impression of the faculty and from current students.
Have you heard back from western U yet?

#51 on the waitlist for CSUN ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Would you mind letting me know your stats or if you could private message me I'd appreciate it. I also applied for CSUN, although late but have not heard back since the initial submission.

Just heard from CSUN. Waitlist #57

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Would you mind letting me know your stats or if you could private message me I'd appreciate it. I also applied for CSUN, although late but have not heard back since the initial submission.
Sure! My bf hasn’t heard back either :(

Undergrad: CSUN
Major/Minor: Kinesiology, Ex Sci/ Biology
cGPA: 3.7
pGPA: 3.78
GRE: 154Q/160V/4.0

Stuff CSUN doesn’t care about:
Volunteer
Hours
Home Health: 10
Inpatient: 100 (Hospital)
Outpatient: 1800+ (Private Clinic w Aqua) 48 (Aqua Pediatric)

LOR: 1 PT/ Employer, 1 PT, 1 Professor

I’ve received 5 acceptances, 4 interviews, 1 rejection and am waiting on 2 more. I was also placed on the high tier waitlist for CSULB.

The thing that sucks about CSUN is that you really are just a bunch of numbers to them :/ Hope you hear back soon!

Last edited:

Volunteer
Hours

I’ve received 5 acceptances, 4 interviews, 1 rejection and am waiting on 2 more. I was also placed on the high tier waitlist for CSULB.

The thing that sucks about CSUN is that you really are just a bunch of numbers to them :/ Hope you hear back soon!

Wow that's quite impressive thank you, much appreciated!

Volunteer
Hours

I'm also an exercise science kin major from CSUN! I wonder if we know each other lol

just got into USC!

Hello,

Western university
Chapman university
USC
West Coast university
Mount St Mary’s
CSU Long Beach

Thanks!!!

I’m currently on the high-tier wait list at CSULB, unfortunately it does not tell me where I am and how many others are on the same list. On the admissions page it says those on the high tier wait list “traditionally” get it.

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has been accepted into Samuel Merritt? I will be attending there in the fall and wanted to see if anyone else would be too! :)

Hi! Just wondering if anyone has been accepted into Samuel Merritt? I will be attending there in the fall and wanted to see if anyone else would be too! :)
I have a friend who is going there!

I’m currently on the high-tier wait list at CSULB, unfortunately it does not tell me where I am and how many others are on the same list. On the admissions page it says those on the high tier wait list “traditionally” get it.

I recently called them and they told me that there has been movement in the past few weeks

Hey there! I applied early decision so I've been waiting for a while to see who else is going here. Stoked to meet you in the fall!

Yes I was accepted a few weeks ago
Congratulations on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking how the interview was? I have my interview on March 15 and am completely stressing over it.

Congratulations on your acceptance! If you don't mind me asking how the interview was? I have my interview on March 15 and am completely stressing over it.

Don't worry at all, it was very casual and kind of fun actually. It felt more like I was having a conversation at a table with classmates than a formal interview.

congratulations, when was your interview? and did you accept it yet? I haven't heard back yet, my interview date was on Feb, 8th

Thank you it was in feb also. I did accept it but I also just got into USC and am waitlisted at CSUN which is my top choice so I might end up giving up my spot.

I have my interview on the 15th as well good luck!

Hello! Can anyone talk about their experience from their West Coast interview? Format/ type of questions? any insight would be a great help, thank you! :]