-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
A
Accio
Sent in my secondary two weeks ago and haven't received a complete email yet. Should I contact them to see what happened?
Sent in my secondary two weeks ago and haven't received a complete email yet. Should I contact them to see what happened?
I sent in my secondary at the end of July and just received the complete email yesterday
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does everyone get a complete email? I submitted everything in June and I don't remember ever receiving one...I sent in my secondary at the end of July and just received the complete email yesterday
A
Accio
Hmm okay. I sent them an email just in case. Hopefully we get interviews for the school. I've heard they are very welcoming and the interviews aren't awful.I sent in my secondary at the end of July and just received the complete email yesterday
Good luck guys <3 I just got a email saying my file is complete
ACCEPTED
awesome congrats!!!ACCEPTED
congrats!ACCEPTED
If you dont mind, what are your stats?
Thank you, guys.
3.57, 3.39, 24
3.57, 3.39, 24
Congrats!Accepted!
Man, this is so surreal! I think I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my other interviews.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted480308
Man, this is so surreal! I think I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my other interviews.
with the exception of my hometown MD program, I did the same after being accepted (I interviewed day 1 last year).......I'm happy with it, but if money isn't an issue I would suggest going and checking out your options
S
ShayDawg
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Man, this is so surreal! I think I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my other interviews.
I interviewed at another nearby school the same week as Campbell, but cancelled all other interviews. Many that I know decided to attend all other interviews and were able to see why CUSOM was the best fit for them. There are pros and cons to both, but I personally believe this is the best possible school for ME. The most important factors for deciding where to attend (for those fortunate to have the availability to chose) aren't age and reputation, but rather personal fit.
when did you get the complete email?II for 9/8 SUPER Excited!!!
I got the complete email on August 12when did you get the complete email?
cool thanks! are you from NC by any chance?I got the complete email on August 12
yeah from raleighcool thanks! are you from NC by any chance?
oh cool, I am located in Asheville, nice to see some other people from ncyeah from raleigh
II on 9/9. I can't wait 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what is the class size for cusom? how many acceptances do you think they must be giving out, i.e 100 more than their class size?
D
deleted480308
what is the class size for cusom? how many acceptances do you think they must be giving out, i.e 100 more than their class size?
162 in the room this year if I remember right...I don't think they give out extras, I think they give out that number and make more calls as people drop
162 in the room this year if I remember right...I don't think they give out extras, I think they give out that number and make more calls as people drop
oh no, is that bad news for people receiving II, especially people going for interviews later in the cycle? My friend's interview at cusom is in october, do you think all the 162 spots will be taken by then and he will be interviewing for a waitlist position? oh no
D
deleted480308
oh no, is that bad news for people receiving II, especially people going for interviews later in the cycle? My friend's interview at cusom is in october, do you think all the 162 spots will be taken by then and he will be interviewing for a waitlist position? oh no
I wouldn't sweat it...if I recall they interview like 400 or so for the 160 spots. So even if everyone took the acceptance, it's about 40% from each interview that get in...but since many people take acceptances at other places the actual offer rate is much higher. I like CUSOM but I'm aware it isn't the highest ranked school...we have no comlex scores and no match list yet.
A
Accio
How long does it take for the MCAT to get verified? I submitted mine a while ago and I haven't gotten a complete email yet.
Interviewing on 9/15! I'm really excited I have never been to NC I am from Texas. Have read wonderful things about this school. Does anyone have any information on the curriculum or a website you can find some information? I haven't been able to find much besides a couple saying it is a system/case based curriculum so what does that exactly entail? Also do you have the option to find out if your accepted early and if you do get accepted how long are they giving you to put down your deposit to hold your seat? Thank you, and congratulations to all of you already accepted and interviewing!!!
D
deleted480308
first few blocks classes are split by basic science subject (biochem, cell bio, micro, immunology) after they get us through the basic the blocks become systems (cardio, neuro, etc).....a block is 9 wks
first few blocks classes are split by basic science subject (biochem, cell bio, micro, immunology) after they get us through the basic the blocks become systems (cardio, neuro, etc).....a block is 9 wks
Thank you so much! I like the fact they start focusing on the systems earlier on. Appreciate your help.
why were you rejected?Any post-secondary holds or rejections from CUSOM yet? Just curious, private message me if you don't want to say it in public, lol.
I got the snail mail today. Gonna send in my deposit pretty soon. Everyone else still playing the field or has anyone else decided?
S
ShayDawg
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Acceptance?I got the snail mail today. Gonna send in my deposit pretty soon. Everyone else still playing the field or has anyone else decided?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes.Acceptance?
Posted this over on the KCUMB thread, but applies here too...
I know very little about this school, but I'm thinking about applying here and a few other places. I've already got 9 do and 8 md apps in the works, but I think I'm getting slightly nervous with only 1 ii and want to cast a wider net. What do you think my odds are here? 3.5 sgpa/3.3 cgpa/3.9 postbacc/30 MCAT.
On top of that...how are the rotations and overall amosphere here? Seems to get a good rep, but I'm just now beginning my research..
I know very little about this school, but I'm thinking about applying here and a few other places. I've already got 9 do and 8 md apps in the works, but I think I'm getting slightly nervous with only 1 ii and want to cast a wider net. What do you think my odds are here? 3.5 sgpa/3.3 cgpa/3.9 postbacc/30 MCAT.
On top of that...how are the rotations and overall amosphere here? Seems to get a good rep, but I'm just now beginning my research..
D
deleted480308
We're in our second year so no one has done the rotations.Posted this over on the KCUMB thread, but applies here too...
I know very little about this school, but I'm thinking about applying here and a few other places. I've already got 9 do and 8 md apps in the works, but I think I'm getting slightly nervous with only 1 ii and want to cast a wider net. What do you think my odds are here? 3.5 sgpa/3.3 cgpa/3.9 postbacc/30 MCAT.
On top of that...how are the rotations and overall amosphere here? Seems to get a good rep, but I'm just now beginning my research..
But they already have lined up enough spaces for everyone
Any other Monday interviewers super anxious right now for this call/e-mail? haha good luck everyone.
Yes!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 152
- Views
- 41K
- Replies
- 352
- Views
- 114K
- Replies
- 407
- Views
- 112K
- Replies
- 308
- Views
- 78K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 21K