2023-2024 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview coming up on 02/13. Has anyone from the recent interviews in Jan or Feb received an A? Or are we pretty much at the WL point?

Also, if there are any current students, past students, or individuals personally familiar with this program what are your overall thoughts? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview coming up on 02/13. Has anyone from the recent interviews in Jan or Feb received an A? Or are we pretty much at the WL point?

Also, if there are any current students, past students, or individuals personally familiar with this program what are your overall thoughts? Pros? Cons?

Thanks!
I received an A and interviewed in January

Reactions: 1 user
Did people send thank you emails after Applicant Day! If yes, did you send to individual people or just to admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
The admissions team is very on top of their email. I just sent it to the general adcom email after my interview and they added it to my file. You can mention the individual faculty members you met too if you want in the email body or attach a pdf. Hope this helps.

does anyone know when the next movement off of the WL will be? Is it safe to assume it'll be around May after the next deposit date?

Hello!

I am a current OMS-II at CUSOM. If any of you have any questions about the school or the area, please feel free to reach out!

It may be sooner than that. DO schools at this point in the cycle usually give students 1 month to put a deposit down, others give 2 weeks
does anyone know when the next movement off of the WL will be? Is it safe to assume it'll be around May after the next deposit date?

On CUSOMs website it states this:
  • Those accepted between January 15 and May 14 will have 14 days. (to place non-refundable deposit)

So hopefully they review WL applicants once these deadlines pass :)

Reactions: 1 users
Submitted my secondary but I never got confirmation that my application was complete. Anyone else have this issue?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this school ever send A’s after II? Seems everyone here got WL first

The class is probably nearly full or full at this point so I doubt very many A's going out post II. All we can hope for is WL movement before May! Sadly tho I've seen a common trend on old CUSOM threads of WL movement after Dec 15th and then movement toward the end of May :( But this cycle seems a lot diff for them with the changed interview process so ya never know I guess.

I should’ve asked during my applicant day if their class is full and if applicants are just “interviewing” for a WL spot now in the cycle

I should’ve asked during my applicant day if their class is full and if applicants are just “interviewing” for a WL spot now in the cycle
yeah I wish I did too.

In the email it said this "The application process for admission to CUSOM is very competitive, and we cannot accept more students than allowed by our accrediting body. This means many excellent candidates may be placed on the Waitlist for a period of time due to the limited number of seats available."

which makes me think its full but not stated directly

yeah I wish I did too.

In the email it said this "The application process for admission to CUSOM is very competitive, and we cannot accept more students than allowed by our accrediting body. This means many excellent candidates may be placed on the Waitlist for a period of time due to the limited number of seats available."

which makes me think its full but not stated directly
That’s what I’m thinking as well. Hopefully we can get off the WL before May!

Anyone have any apartment recommendations? Either current students on prospective students. Was thinking about living in Fuquay Varina or the surrounding area!

Anyone have any apartment recommendations? Either current students on prospective students. Was thinking about living in Fuquay Varina or the surrounding area!
Look at Elevate the Crossings, The Retreat at Fuquay and Meridian at Broad St Market! Definitely some others too but a lot of current students live at the last two and the first one is new

OOS II recieved just now, secondary submitted 11/28

Interviewed 1/16, WL 1/22, accepted 2/1!

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if this school has a match list for each year? The only one I see on their site is a combined list

Current Accreditation Status Update - Medicine - Campbell University Can any past/current/prospective students comment on the consequences this ACGME Sponsoring Institution probationary status has? It happened 5/23 and is still in place, pending reassessment in '24. I can't find info anywhere on why it happened, or what the real-life result is. It is confirmed on the ACGME page. Looks like CUSOM cannot establish new residency partnerships with area healthcare providers until the status is lifted. Can past/upcoming/future CUSOM grads work in the existing established residencies, or are they not allowing those pipelines to stay open? Does this affect the recruitment of new grads to prospective residencies elsewhere? Would this be a red flag? Thanks for any insights!

I would really appreciate an A off the WL :)

Does anyone know when financial aid information will come out for Campbell? Also, do we have to apply for the merit scholarships or are they automatically awarded based on stats?

Does anyone know when financial aid information will come out for Campbell? Also, do we have to apply for the merit scholarships or are they automatically awarded based on stats?

I think we are automatically applied for the scholarships when we turned in fasfa. I also believe we should know something around the accepted students day possibly.

Interviewed 02/13. Rejected today. This is my first rejection, so I'm a little bummed. But honestly, I'm also relieved. It's been tough trying to narrow down my final choice and this is one less school/location to consider. Congrats to all who were accepted! Seems like a fantastic option!

Current Accreditation Status Update - Medicine - Campbell University Can any past/current/prospective students comment on the consequences this ACGME Sponsoring Institution probationary status has? It happened 5/23 and is still in place, pending reassessment in '24. I can't find info anywhere on why it happened, or what the real-life result is. It is confirmed on the ACGME page. Looks like CUSOM cannot establish new residency partnerships with area healthcare providers until the status is lifted. Can past/upcoming/future CUSOM grads work in the existing established residencies, or are they not allowing those pipelines to stay open? Does this affect the recruitment of new grads to prospective residencies elsewhere? Would this be a red flag? Thanks for any insights!
appears to impact only on its ability to sponsor any new programs. Existing established programs can continue to recruit as before.
-----
It is paramount that the ACGME-accredited programs at affiliate sites, sponsored by Campbell University, continue to operate without interruption. This commitment includes ensuring uninterrupted education for current participants, graduation of residents, and recruitment of new participants for the upcoming class year. The impact of the ACGME’s adverse action is limited to submitting new program applications only.
---

We’ve had a few meetings about this, but it has no effect on current or future students and/or residents. The main idea is Campbell is not able to sponsor any NEW residency programs for the time being, but this is being reevaluated. All current Campbell residencies are still fully accredited. If you have more questions feel free to send me a message or email admissions and I’m sure they are able to address concerns.