2023-2024 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Is there an accepted students group?

Reactions: 1 user
Hi, does anyone have any information regarding the process of applying for CUSOM scholarships? I saw that there are merit based scholarships offered by CUSOM but was wondering if I would receive an email about applying for them after receiving an acceptance. For reference I just got off the WL last week.

Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my interview and committed elsewhere ... hopefully it goes to someone just as dedicated and passionate.

Best of luck to everyone! Remember, all roads lead to Rome.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know about how long after the interview they’ll make a decision?

So, I submitted my primary back at the end of October and finally got a secondary this morning. Is it even worth completing a secondary at this point?

So, I submitted my primary back at the end of October and finally got a secondary this morning. Is it even worth completing a secondary at this point?
DO schools tend to have class movement throughout the spring months, so I don't think it would be pointless. CUSOM sent you one after reviewing your app so it means they're interested. Some people don't get secondaries at all from this school I think.

DO schools tend to have class movement throughout the spring months, so I don't think it would be pointless. CUSOM sent you one after reviewing your app so it means they're interested. Some people don't get secondaries at all from this school I think.
Gotcha, I applied after getting waitlisted from my only II but I've been lucky enough to get 4 IIs and an A since then lol. I'll probably wait for more decisions to roll in before I submit. Thank you!

Hello..I was just accepted yesterday after being waitlisted 🙌🏾. Can someone please send me information about the accepted student page. Thank you.

can anyone explain the applicant day? like is it similar to an interview or is it just completely conversational?

can anyone explain the applicant day? like is it similar to an interview or is it just completely conversational?

Completely conversational. More just research the school and come with questions you’re curious about for the staff and students. Very relaxed

Completely conversational. More just research the school and come with questions you’re curious about for the staff and students. Very relaxed
do you feel like it had a significant effect on the decision that they made?

Just declined my A! I hope the seat goes to one of you! Best of luck!

How selective is this school with secondaries? Just received one, but I don't know much at all about this school.

Declined my A and received confirmation of that today

Did anyone send thank-you emails to the faculty members for their time?

WL after 1/17/24 applicant day SADNESS :(

WL after 1/17/24 applicant day SADNESS :(
It seems that this is pretty common. I think most of the people in this forum who received an A were initially waitlisted.

For those who were WL then accepted what was your timeframe?

DO schools have deadlines for applicants to secure their seats with deposits. It seems CUSOM waitlist has a ton of movement at each of these dates. I got accepted right on 12/16 after being wait-listed in October

Did any of you who were accepted after being waitlisted initially send in a letter of interest/intent? If so how long after the waitlist decision did you guys send in the letter? Thanks!!

Did any of you who were accepted after being waitlisted initially send in a letter of interest/intent? If so how long after the waitlist decision did you guys send in the letter? Thanks!!
I did send one at the beginning of december (around Dec 3) after being waitlisted in September. I was accepted on 12/15!

I did send one at the beginning of december (around Dec 3) after being waitlisted in September. I was accepted on 12/15!
Thank you!! And congrats on your acceptance again!

Has anyone from 1/16 applicant day heard back yet? I hope decisions come out soon! I forgot how long they said it takes to hear back

I think this year everyone got within their top 4 but it depends how you rank!
Will you say that the graded letter is a downside to Campbell or it helps you a lot in preparing for board exams? Also, how is the student population in terms of working together?

Will you say that the graded letter is a downside to Campbell or it helps you a lot in preparing for board exams? Also, how is the student population in terms of working together?
The student body is super great! People share anki fecks, quizlets, practice questions, etc. it’s not cutthroat or competitive at all.

The letter grading is tough sometimes but it’s also not a deterrent for going to CUSOM. Most DO schools are not pass fail so it’s just something you have to work with. Ultimately every school’s grading is different so as long as your passing that’s the main thing I think.

The student body is super great! People share anki fecks, quizlets, practice questions, etc. it’s not cutthroat or competitive at all.

The letter grading is tough sometimes but it’s also not a deterrent for going to CUSOM. Most DO schools are not pass fail so it’s just something you have to work with. Ultimately every school’s grading is different so as long as your passing that’s the main thing I think.
Thank you so much for answering my questions. In terms of research, have you had multiple opportunities to do research or did you have to seek research opportunities out?

Hi can someone send me the link to the accepted students gc, thank you !

Hi, can someone tell me whether it's ok to apply to this school this late?
I got secondary recently and am trying to answer the question and this is my first application cycle.

1) Have you ever applied to CUSOM?
YES NO - this is definitely No since this is my first application cycle.

2) Have you submitted an application to another medical school within the last two years?
YES or NO
If you answered 'yes' to either question above, which medical school(s) did you apply to, and what improvements have you made to your application? (1,500 character limit)

This 2nd question is confusing. Are they asking about previous application years or the current 2024 application year?

if they are asking about previous application cycles then the answer is No.
unless they are asking about the current cycle 2023-2024.
Based on a follow-up question regarding application improvement, I believe it's the previous Application years. someone, please help me.

Thanks in advance

Hi, can someone tell me whether it's ok to apply to this school this late?
I got secondary recently and am trying to answer the question and this is my first application cycle.

1) Have you ever applied to CUSOM?
YES NO - this is definitely No since this is my first application cycle.

2) Have you submitted an application to another medical school within the last two years?
YES or NO
If you answered 'yes' to either question above, which medical school(s) did you apply to, and what improvements have you made to your application? (1,500 character limit)

This 2nd question is confusing. Are they asking about previous application years or the current 2024 application year?

if they are asking about previous application cycles then the answer is No.
unless they are asking about the current cycle 2023-2024.
Based on a follow-up question regarding application improvement, I believe it's the previous Application years. someone, please help me.

Thanks in advance
I interpreted the second question as a "Have you applied to med school before this cycle" type question, so I put no.

Thank you so much for answering my questions. In terms of research, have you had multiple opportunities to do research or did you have to seek research opportunities out?
I would say you have to seek them out (which I would think is similar at most schools) but they are available if you put in the effort to find them